Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #16
Beachmomma3
Earning My Ears

We had a 9:20 ressie last trip. For us, it was fine. If I had small children, I do not think it would be. We were not rushed and we were one of the last to leave. They had started cleaning up around us while we finished dessert. We didn't mind. Everything was delicious as usual
Beachmomma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #17
schrammalot
Mouseketeer

We usually book around 8:45 so we can watch the fireworks that night.

schrammalot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #18
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

We booked a 9pm for a night that Wishes was at 9. We showed up probably 45 minutes early so we could put in a request for a Wishes view. We had to wait the full 45 minutes until it was time for our reservation to be seated, but they did get us a great view and service and food was all excellent!
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #19
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

I've eaten at 'Ohana 3 times - 9:30, 9:50 and 5:15. Both of the later dinners were on nights when Wishes was at 10.

I haven't ever waited more than 5 minutes for a table and was seated by the window (without request) all 3 times. I had a great view of Wishes during my late dinners. I have to say that I actually prefer the late meal times as the dining room is much less hectic than earlier, when the kids' coconut races are going on.

I never felt rushed or anything. I think that a late dinner at 'Ohana is a smart choice, based on my past experience.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:06 AM   #20
danetter
DIS Veteran

We also have a late night reservation next month. Although I'm hoping I can snag a little bit of an earlier time than 9:30 I won't be sweating it. We have had opening reservations and also 1 other time we had a 9:30 ressie and that was the best service and food we have had since we have been going to Ohana's which has been every year since 2009. The year we went that late I had explained to my youngest daughter they didn't have any of the kid activities that late, she wasn't to happy but ok, needless to say they did do a couple rounds of coconut races and she was thrilled. At one point we were the only ones in our area and our waiter came over and talked to us a good while. Found out he had family that lived in my state. He was even great to please my very picky eater youngest daughter and brought her grill cheese.

1986 - offsite, 1990 - offsite, Oct. 2008 - All Star Music,
Sept/Oct. 2009 - Pop Century, Sept. 2010 - Pop Century, Sept. 2011 - Pop Century, Sept. 2012 - All Star Music, Sept. 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
danetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #21
Octoberbaby
Kona coffee connoisseur

Location: Where they say the peaches grow, but I've never seen a peach tree...

We have never had an ADR here past 8:30. From my experience, I couldn't eat there any later no matter how good it is. It takes us around 1 1/2 hours to complete our meal making it around 11:00 before getting back to our room, IF we take a taxi or drive. Now, if I were staying at one of the monorail resorts, I would consider a 9:30 ADR.
Octoberbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #22
Elevationist
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
We like eating late at Ohana, because it tends to clear out and calm down, and depending upon the timing with MK closing, we get to see Wishes while eating!
This! I nearly always take a later time for Ohana, I like it better when it's not as crazy. This next trip I originally had a 9:15pm ADR, but managed to change it to a 7:35pm (when it finally popped up available for me after much checking). This way I can check-in early, enjoy dinner and be down on the beach in a lounge chair in time for Wishes to start at 9pm.

December 4-11, 2015 Art of Animation

September 2014, Pop Century - December 2009, Coronado Springs - February 2006, Animal Kingdom Lodge - January 2005, All-Star Music
January 2002, Offsite - July 2000, Offsite - January 2000, Offsite - April 1998, All-Star Sports - May 1986, Offsite

Elevationist is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: