Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
MarciaR
Earning My Ears

Dining choices after Hollywood Studios

We're going to Hollywood Studios on Wednesday, 11/12/2014. We have a 2:45 ADR at Mama Melrose. I'm trying to figure out where we might have a late dinner at one of the resorts after Fantasmic. We'll be paying for it, since we're using all of our table service meals on the Dining Plan at the other parks, so I don't want to spend a fortune on a signature restaurant. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge, so we'd have to get transportation back after dinner. I was thinking about a late dinner at Ohana, because it was recommended to me by a friend. Any idea how long it might take to get there from the time Fantasmic lets out, we walk through the park and get on transportation to the Polynesian? Then, how late does the free transportation back to the WL last? If we needed to take a cab, how much might it cost? Any other ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.
MarciaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:02 AM   #2
shocker
DIS Veteran

According to Disney website, F! Is scheduled for 6:30 that night and the latest any park is open is until 9 pm and DTD is open til 2 am. So, after dining at any resort you can travel to DTD or any park (within an hour of its closing) and get back to your home resort from there (a transfer point).

From ohana to WL it is easiest to boat (from the backside of poly) or monorail (from the frontside of poly) to MK then boat to WL.

You mentioned not wanting to spend too much OOP and for that I would recommend either Espn or Big River Grille & Brewing in the Boardwalk area. You would boat (or walk) from DHS. Then either back to DHS and home from there or transfer at something open later.

Ohana will give you a more 'Disney' feel but Espn or big river will give you more of an Applebee's price, your choice.

Courage is doing something I'm not any good at. -Me
shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2014, 12:08 AM   #3
MarciaR
Earning My Ears

Thanks for that info. We're good paying for a place like Ohana, just not signature. So, if Downtown Disney is open that late, only transportation from there runs late, right? I doubt we'd be done before the other parks close along with their transportation. I'm still looking around, so I appreciate all the input.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:11 AM   #4
shocker
DIS Veteran

I would still try the MK route before I headed out and back thru DTD.

Courage is doing something I'm not any good at. -Me
shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:30 AM   #5
MarciaR
Earning My Ears

How do I find out if it's still running late? It would be wonderful if we could do it that way. I don't want to get stranded if we take the monorail to MK and then can't get the boat or bus to WL. Would we be able to get a cab if that happened? WL is pretty close to the MK, right?
Old 05-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #6
MarciaR
Earning My Ears

Still trying to figure this out. IF the MK closes at 9p...according to the schedule....but the fireworks START at 9P....does the transportation take into consideration the time people actually leave the park or do they go by the posted closing time?
Old 05-18-2014, 07:00 PM   #7
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

We did Cape May after DHS once and it worked out great. Took the boat from DHS to the Beach Club. We had planned to go back to POFQ via DTD, but it was raining, so we just took a taxi. Very quick and not too expensive.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #8
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaR View Post
Still trying to figure this out. IF the MK closes at 9p...according to the schedule....but the fireworks START at 9P....does the transportation take into consideration the time people actually leave the park or do they go by the posted closing time?
The transportation runs till everyone is out. Not to worry, worse comes to worse you can take a cab from Poly to WL, it's not a far drive from there.

chloelovesdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #9
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

And people take a while to get out of the park, they stop in the stores, grab some fudge in the candy store, use the restroom, etc..

Old 05-18-2014, 07:49 PM   #10
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaR View Post
How do I find out if it's still running late? It would be wonderful if we could do it that way. I don't want to get stranded if we take the monorail to MK and then can't get the boat or bus to WL. Would we be able to get a cab if that happened? WL is pretty close to the MK, right?
You wouldn't be stranded, you could always walk to the Contemporary for a cab if need be.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #11
hdh23
Earning My Ears

We are in the same situation. Staying one week earlier than you at WL. I really want to see fantasmic but it seems to end at a very inconvenient time. I was thinking something at DD would be fun like wolf gang pucks or something but I'm undecided about transportation and how exhausted the kids would be from that time. Is there a bus that goes from HS to DD?
hdh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #12
MattRyan
Mouseketeer

I recommend trying 'Ohana if you haven't been.
MattRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #13
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Do not use DTD as a bus hub unless you actually want to go there, or unless you have no other choice.

I agree, use MK before you rely on DTD.

Quote:
Is there a bus that goes from HS to DD?
There are no direct buses between DTD and any theme park. You need to go to a resort in order to get to DTD.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: