Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

Hotel New York FAQ & Information Thread

~*~ Hotel New York ~*~

* ~ 4 Stars ~ Deluxe ~ *

Designed by Michael Graves who was also responsible for the Swan and Dolphin hotels in Disney's resort in Orlando. Here in Paris he uses his distinctive style of design to capture the feel of the sky scrapers of the Big Apple.

In comparison to the other Disney resort hotels the Hotel New York can seem a little more restrained and formal, unsurprising when you realize that it was originally designed for the convention business rather than the tourist trade. Some people find it's theming lends a more business and less magical atmosphere which feels out of place when compared with the other properties. However, it has excellent levels of service, superb rooms (if you like 1930s style) and a wonderful skating rink in the winter! Inside and around the hotel you will find many symbols associated with the city including Big Apples, a yellow taxi cab and numerous images of the ultimate New York icon - the Statue Of Liberty.

Set on the banks of Lake Disney the Hotel New York is the second highest ranked hotel in the resort and is just a gentle 10 minute stroll to the two theme parks. There is also a free shuttle bus available. It's also very well placed for visiting the choice of restaurants in the Disney village, plus those at Sequoia Lodge and the Newport Bay Club

Bedrooms

The 572 rooms and 36 suites are each decorated in an art deco style. Offering some of the most spacious rooms in the Disneyland Resort they sleep up to 4 people in two double beds, or some rooms contain one king size. Throughout the room little details continue the themeing, with the big apple design on the cupboards and the sky scraper style lamps.

There are great views from the rooms on the front of the hotel that overlook Lake Disney - these rooms are available at a supplement. Other rooms over look small landscaped gardens, while some at the rear offer glimpses of Discoveryland.

The bathrooms are larger than those at the mid-range and value hotels with two washbasins and a telephone! Though one thing to consider is that the washbasin is in the bathroom, rather than outside it.

Telephone
Television with international channels
Radio
Hairdryer
Air conditioning
Safe
Minibar (Please note these are now very hi tech, so don't move anything unless you want to pay for it!!!)
24 hour Room service is available at this hotel

Empire State Club

In the three upper floors of the hotel, 34 of the rooms and suites now offer guests a more exclusive experience with the following.
• Exclusive personalised welcome area
• Continental Buffet Breakfast in a private lounge with Disney Character(s)
• Exclusive in-room services with dedicated staff
• VIP FASTPASS
• Relaxation area with free soft drinks
• Possibility to book interconnecting rooms (upon request and subject to availability)

Lake view rooms are available for a supplement.

Restaurants and Bars

At the Parkside Diner 1930's Formica tables and shining chrome set the scene of a typical New York style eatery. Here is some general information about the Parkside Diner and a dinner menu

The Manhattan Restaurant offers a more formal setting, and is now an upscale Italian restaurant. The atmosphere is reminiscent of the famous dinner dances found in New York's leading clubs. Here is some general information about the Manhattan Restaurant and a dinner menu

In the lobby area of the hotel you will find the New York City Bar - a pleasant place to sit, and apparently has a very large choice of cocktails! The downside is that it can get crowded with businessmen in the evening.

Breakfast is served in both restaurants from 7 - 11 am. The continental breakfast is usually included in the package and there a some hot items also available.

The Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast is NOT available to guests staying at this hotel. But as the hotel is smaller, the queues at breakfast shouldn't be so bad, though it may still be best to avoid the most popular times of 8 am to 9 am. Or for a supplement you can have your breakfast delivered to your room.

Activities

The Downtown Athletic Club offers an Indoor heated swimming pool, with a connected outdoor heated pool during the summer months

Jacuzzi
Fitness Room
Sauna and steam room

The skating rink is open from October to June. (subject to weather conditions) The cost (until April 1st 2010) is 12 EUR per adult and 9 EUR per child (3-11) including the skate rental.

The children's corner is situated near the lobby. Amusements include colouring stuff and a television showing the Disney Channel, plus various activities on certain days.

Shopping

The New York Boutique offers a small selection of theme park merchandise as well as a range of clothing and New York Hotel Logo Products. This is also one of a handful of locations in the resort where the "Walt Disney Classic Collection" Fine Porcelain Art Figures are available to buy.

The Hotel also offers

Laundry/Dry Cleaning service.
Wi-Fi Access
The Times Square Games Arcade
Hair Salon
Solarium
Massage
Two outdoor tennis courts
Valet parking

(at an extra charge)

as well as Concierge, Bell Service and Currency Exchange

And in case you're interested, the Coliseum Convention Centre boasts over 5,000 square metres of meeting space!!

Shuttle Bus

The walk to the parks is no more than a leisurely paced 10 minutes, but if you are feeling tired a free shuttle bus runs between the hotel and the station

Fastpass

Guests staying in a suite receive a VIP card for almost unlimited Fastpassing!!

Arrival/Departure procedures

As with all the hotels at Disneyland Paris rooms are ready at 3pm on the day of arrival, but if you arrive earlier than this time you can drop off your luggage at the baggage desk and collect your park passes for entry in to the park.

You will be given the Disney Hotel Easy-Pass when you check in, which gives you access to the hotel swimming pool and health facilities, (as well as free access to the Disney car park and to the Hurricanes discotheque in the Disney Village). By leaving credit card details at reception, this card may also be used as a charge card in most DLP shops and restaurants.

On the day of departure your room should be vacated by 11am, though again you can store your luggage free of charge at the baggage desk and enjoy the parks until your journey home.

~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Last edited by Bexx; 08-25-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:00 PM   #2
Bexx

Here's the basic info folks - I'll pretty it up with photos as and when I get the hang of that!!! Once again, thanks Richard!!

As ever, any mistakes or glaring omissions - feel free to holler!!!
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #3
Miffy2003
I've got Saratoga Springs - makes me smile every time I log on!
Yumtastic!!

Becky, I have to tell you - after all you said - you have done a great job!
Old 04-13-2005, 04:34 PM   #4
richard3330
Cirque Fan

Becky - wow, that was quick......and it's excellent too! DW collects some of the WDCC figures - I'll have to keep it quiet that they are stocked at the Hotel New York!!

Richard.
DLCalifornia - Grand Californian - 2001
USF/WDW - Portofino Bay, AK Lodge, Virgin Holiday Villa in Newport Richey - 2001
USF/WDW - Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian and Portofino Bay - Xmas/New Year 2002/2003
Grand Floridian/Beach Club/ Portofino Bay & 3 night Disney Cruise - April 2004

Disneyland Paris -
Hotel New York (92) Sequioa Lodge (93) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (96) Newport Bay Club (Admirals Floor) (97)
Disneyland Hotel (2000) (March 2002) (Walt's Apartment, Disney Studios Grand Opening!) (July 2002) (2003)
richard3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:34 PM   #5
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Becky
now you've got me worried

What a brilliant job.

Reid

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:58 PM   #6
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Wonderful job.
My spoiled husband will probably want a hot (fried eggs) breakfast one of the mornings that we are staying at Hotel New York next month. Do you know what the supplement is for an "American style hot breakfast"?

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:57 PM   #7
Renate_do
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes99
Wonderful job.
My spoiled husband will probably want a hot (fried eggs) breakfast one of the mornings that we are staying at Hotel New York next month. Do you know what the supplement is for an "American style hot breakfast"?
It is 6 € at the NPBC and I think the price at the HNY is the same, but I´ll have a look when I go there next month.

Greets Renate

going next 07/08 - 07/10 staying at the HNY

Renate_do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:17 AM   #8
Bexx

Quote:
It is 6 € at the NPBC and I think the price at the HNY is the same,
Yep, that's the price according to the DLP Foodguide - I'll add the link to the breakfast price.

Old 04-14-2005, 07:56 AM   #9
bartty
Mouseketeer

Awesome FAQ!!! This is just what I needed to make my decision on where to stay! Great Job!!!!!!!

Thank you soooo much for doing this!

bartty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:10 AM   #10
marcus.ka
DLRP Hotel Fan!
Don’t say Eurodisney. It’s Disneyland Resort Paris

We stayed there in January 2006 and June 2007. And we had both times a lake view room. You have to pay extra for the lake view rooms but the view is worth it. I have some pictures of our view in my albums here:

January 2006

http://pp.mousekingdom.com/thumbnails.php?album=230

June 2007

http://pp.mousekingdom.com/thumbnails.php?album=455

We had both times the same room so the view is exactly the same.

I know many DISers use cheaper or even non Disney hotels because they only need a room to sleep and to shower. But for us the hotel is part of the vacation (like the attractions itself) and so we spent some time in our room and admired this view. (especially in the evening hours)
We could overlook SL, NPBC, some parts of the Studios and Disneyvillage (including whole Cafe Mickey)

Here are two of my favorite pictures. More pictures with higher resolutions can be found in the 2 albums above.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:59 AM   #11
hogwartsdropout
You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far..

Thanks so much for that! Those are exactly the type of photos I was looking for. I'm usually a WDW girl, and I agree with you, the resort is part of the holiday, can't wait to see what HNY is like.
2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Saratoga Springs
2008-2009 UK World Showcase CM (stayed at WL, POR, GF, CR, ASSp, ASMo, CS, CB, YC, Pop)
2011 - ASSp and WL
2012 - ASSp and AKL
2014 - ASSp - Got engaged in Epcot!
hogwartsdropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:18 PM   #12
chipndalefan
Mouseketeer

Character Breakfast

Are there any character breakfasts at HNY?
chipndalefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #13
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Please post up any new facts or information you have about this hotel

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:00 AM   #14
mummyal
Think it was too much jigging around
My must-do's are ToT RnR and Crush

My family & I stayed here last week (Dec 18th - 21st). We've stayed at Sequoia Lodge twice, so we just fancied a change and also, with it being winter and cold, I thought the shorter walk back to the hotel at the end of the day would be welcomed by all. I have to say that I was a wee bit worried/anxious about staying at this hotel. I know it's Disney and children are welcome everywhere but not many DISsers seem to have stayed at this hotel (well, not recently anyway, looking at the 'when are you going?' index). I was quite relieved to see children running around the lobby/check-in area when we arrived

We went to the hotel straight after we got off the Eurostar.

Excuse the grumpy face in this photo lol

Check-in was quick as there was no queue at all. The room wasn't ready yet (as expected), so we just collected our park tickets & meal vouchers, left our luggage at the hotel and headed straight to the park. When we got back late evening (after dinner) to collect our keys, they told us that our suitcase was already in our room .

The room was lovely. Slightly bigger than Sequoia Lodge rooms. We were on the 4th floor (room 4244 - luckily, I'm not *that* superstitious, otherwise, I would've requested for another room. Chinese people tend to not like the number 4 as it sounds like 'death' in Chinese and we had quite a few 4's lol) and we had a lovely view out of the window. (I zoomed in on ToT from our window)

Here are a few pics of the inside of the room. Excuse the mess - the pics were taken on our 2nd day I think. Should've taken the pics before we made the mess There is a hairdryer and one of those scary round magnifying mirrors in the bathroom. Oh and a phone and also a speaker so you can hear the telly in the bathroom.

The kids' corner

Sept 2006 - Sequoia Lodge :: April 2008 - Sequoia Lodge :: December 2008 - Hotel New York
mummyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:02 AM   #15
mummyal
Think it was too much jigging around
My must-do's are ToT RnR and Crush

I thought the breakfast was really good. Well, I liked the fact that there was a hot selection of bacon, sausages, eggs & potatoes... and the usual continental selection. Their round brioche buns were lovely!!! The first couple of mornings, we were there before 8 and it wasn't too busy. On Sunday, we were there around 8.30 I think and there was a short queue to get in (had to wait about 10 mins to be seated).

On our last evening, we had a couple of hours to kill before getting on the Eurostar. So we had a drink or two at the Bar. The kids' cocktails were 8 euros each (and DS got to keep his shaker). They also brought some nibbles - dried pieces of fruit, crisps and peanuts.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if/when we make another visit to DLRP.

Sept 2006 - Sequoia Lodge :: April 2008 - Sequoia Lodge :: December 2008 - Hotel New York
mummyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: