Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #1186
msdroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh0013 View Post
We've been here since Thursday, leaving today (sad!) and I think it's been 9am-11pm. It was definitely those hours yesterday.
Great!! Thanks so much
Old 06-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #1187
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

I was just looking on my Facebook and one page was asking if you are allowed to pool hop. I know you aren't allowed but the replies were appalling! One lady said she was staying at Pop and hopped over to SAB, showed her card and they let her in. Others were saying that if they pay for on site they should be able to hop!

We booked YC so we could enjoy the pool again...it's sad that people won't pay but feel entitled to use the amenities!

Ok, done venting

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #1188
Gillespiedisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
I was just looking on my Facebook and one page was asking if you are allowed to pool hop. I know you aren't allowed but the replies were appalling! One lady said she was staying at Pop and hopped over to SAB, showed her card and they let her in. Others were saying that if they pay for on site they should be able to hop!

We booked YC so we could enjoy the pool again...it's sad that people won't pay but feel entitled to use the amenities!

Ok, done venting
I totally agree with you and I really hope people not staying YC BC can't get into SAB! I hope I don't sound rude but there is a reason why we are paying the big $$$$ to stay at those resorts! What would the point of staying deluxe be if value/moderate could use the amenities that we pay for?
Old 06-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #1189
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

That would really make me upset if people not staying at BC /YC get into the pool.

Wait, I thought you had to use your magic band to get in
Old 06-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #1190
SillySallySews
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
I was just looking on my Facebook and one page was asking if you are allowed to pool hop. I know you aren't allowed but the replies were appalling! One lady said she was staying at Pop and hopped over to SAB, showed her card and they let her in. Others were saying that if they pay for on site they should be able to hop! We booked YC so we could enjoy the pool again...it's sad that people won't pay but feel entitled to use the amenities! Ok, done venting
We must "like" the same page because I just saw that too lol! :-)
Old 06-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #1191
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillespiedisney View Post
I totally agree with you and I really hope people not staying YC BC can't get into SAB! I hope I don't sound rude but there is a reason why we are paying the big $$$$ to stay at those resorts! What would the point of staying deluxe be if value/moderate could use the amenities that we pay for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
That would really make me upset if people not staying at BC /YC get into the pool. Wait, I thought you had to use your magic band to get in
I'm guessing the lady was talking pre-MB when you showed the key to the world cards for access. Even so, the amount of people who replied to the question saying it was ok to pool hop and those reasoning why it was ok to pool hop can lead to a huge problem if they lax on their pool security measures! Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillySallySews View Post
We must "like" the same page because I just saw that too lol! :-)
You know what they say... Great minds...lol! I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw it!

Old 06-17-2014, 09:56 PM   #1192
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
The department of Youth and Family Services is pleased to announce that there will be NO arrests in Ninja Mom's house as her boys did tell her what rides they wanted to go on so she could schedule their FP+. In other news Anna and Elsa are CRUSHED that they were NOT CHOSEN for the use of any of these fast passes by said boys. I may try to sneak a princess meet and greet fast pass in there to see if they are paying attention.

So they went for It's a Small World and Dumbo?

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 06-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #1193
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tom Bricker has a great site where he talks about the restaurants and what he liked and didn't like about them.
~NM
Old Bricker. I've seen some of his work and he is the SECOND best Disney photographer I know.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:54 PM   #1194
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
So they went for It's a Small World and Dumbo?
Sigh.... they want to ride the same things...Mountains, mountains, mountains!! I can't get them to even consider trying the mine train!

At least they aren't the least bit interested in Elsa and Anna so I don't have to pull my hair out trying to get that...

You should see my FP+ planning paper! It's filled with cross outs and reschedules as I realize that I DON'T want to go on the same rides as the kids.

~NM
Old 06-17-2014, 11:10 PM   #1195
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sigh.... they want to ride the same things...Mountains, mountains, mountains!! I can't get them to even consider trying the mine train!

At least they aren't the least bit interested in Elsa and Anna so I don't have to pull my hair out trying to get that...

You should see my FP+ planning paper! It's filled with cross outs and reschedules as I realize that I DON'T want to go on the same rides as the kids.

~NM
Our "adults only" idea makes the whole FP thing a lot easier.

I'm debating staying up another hour, but I'm fading fast so it will be another 20 hours or so before I get my hands on this fast pass selection.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 06-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #1196
AskSiri
Earning My Ears

I would have saved myself a heckuva lot of trouble if I'd just booked the bounceback last year for the Beach Club in the first place, lol.

We started at AofA (Nemo suite), went to WL, debated CSR, and called to make the final change today only to find out BC GV was, amazingly, available. Once I found that out, it was embarrassingly easy for me to convince myself the extra money was well worth it. So what if we gave up a couple of extra park days and a trip to the water parks? Still worth it, IMO, giving up those extras, because the changes we did make are going to pretty much force us to slow down and to enjoy some more resort time because now we have a down day (before we go to MNSSHP, but still...). I'm not sure how we'll fare without our park hoppers, though.

Anyway, I'm so glad to be coming back, even if I crawled out from under the rock I've been hiding under and just (re)discovered the news about the renovations at BC.

Eh, the time we spend at the resort will likely be spent outside at SAB, so the way I figure it, the renovations won't bug us (*fingers crossed).

Looks like last year's trip pretty much cemented the BC as my favorite resort, making it extremely difficult for me to book anywhere else. I just...couldn't...with CSR. It looks beautiful, but it's so spread out, and I didn't relish the prospect of riding the bus everywhere.

That said, I have a few questions that you knowledgeable ladies and gentlemen might be able to help me with.

1). Our party size decreased. Not much of a problem, except my Ohana reservation is for 4, not 3. I'm sure you all know how rare finding a ressie for Ohana is less than 100 days out. Next to impossible.

Have any of you had any experience with showing up to a reservation with less people in your party than originally booked? As this is one of our must-do's, we want to hang on to it any way we can.

2). Anybody have any recent experience with Cape May for dinner?

It's hard to look over the convenience factor, and once upon a time, we had a good meal here. It didn't rank at the top, but it was close. Last visit, the negative reviews (and DDP fatigue) directly affected our last minute decision to cancel.

Is this worth booking now?

3). Thinking we're too chicken to take the plunge and do Boma for dinner on our Animal Kingdom day. Are there really enough selections for picky eaters?

2 out of the 3 of us have had breakfast there and loved it, but AK opens at 9, and the only reservation available for us is at 8:05. I don't how late that would make us for park opening. Touring AK in the AM really worked for us last year, and we were able to ride pretty much every ride we wanted (including EE repeatedly).

4). Are Friday MNSSHP's really that much more crowded than others? The one we did last year was on Tuesday, I believe, and we didn't find it bad at all. Then again, we were most interested in the parade and fireworks show. After that, we hit all the rides and candy trails.

We have 3 options for the party (the Tuesday we arrive--staying RO at POP, Friday, and the Sunday night before we leave). Last year we bought our tickets months ahead of time, but we were thinking of maybe waiting and seeing how the weather is this time? Good idea or not? We're going to be there 9/23-9/29 if that helps.

5). Does 50's Primetime allow any substitutions? It looks like a fun option for our HS day, but I'm not digging some of sides that come with the entrees (yuck to the collard greens). Also, I'm not sure I want to be the one picked on, lol, but it sure would be fun if my traveling companions were the ones.

I look forward to reading your opinions on these issues/questions.

Thanks.

AskSiri
Old 06-17-2014, 11:43 PM   #1197
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asksiri View Post
snip i have a few questions that you knowledgeable ladies and gentlemen might be able to help me with.

1). Our party size decreased. Not much of a problem, except my ohana reservation is for 4, not 3. I'm sure you all know how rare finding a ressie for ohana is less than 100 days out. Next to impossible.

Have any of you had any experience with showing up to a reservation with less people in your party than originally booked? As this is one of our must-do's, we want to hang on to it any way we can.

it's perfectly fine if the party size decreases so don't try to change it now. Just show up and let them know when you check in at the restaurant. One time we found ourselves riding the early bus with a single lady that thought the mk was opening an hour earlier than it was scheduled for. We had 3 in our party, and knowing that they would have to seat us at a table for 4 anyway, we asked if we could add her to our party when we checked into the crystal palace for breakfast before park opening. It was not a problem! Even though you are showing up with less people in your party it will not be a problem.

4). Are friday mnsshp's really that much more crowded than others? The one we did last year was on tuesday, i believe, and we didn't find it bad at all. Then again, we were most interested in the parade and fireworks show. After that, we hit all the rides and candy trails.

We have 3 options for the party (the tuesday we arrive--staying ro at pop, friday, and the sunday night before we leave). Last year we bought our tickets months ahead of time, but we were thinking of maybe waiting and seeing how the weather is this time? Good idea or not? We're going to be there 9/23-9/29 if that helps.

somewhere on the web is a site that lists the most crowded mnsshp dates. I'd consult that for crowd level info. I'm thinking it might be that easy wdw site but i'm not sure. The crowd levels depend on the dates. For instance i remember the first few dates sell out but not always the friday ones so it's best to try to find that site and see what the trends are.

asksiri
~nm
Old 06-17-2014, 11:48 PM   #1198
AskSiri
Earning My Ears

Thanks, Ninja Mom.

Do you know if they only charge the no show fee when the entire party fails to show up? Or, if they actually charge it in our case, when 3 out of 4 show? $10 versus no Ohana ressie is a no-brainer to us.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:02 AM   #1199
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Janetmom!

Wake up!!

It's time to make the Fast Pass choices...

~NM
Old 06-18-2014, 12:05 AM   #1200
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

My friend is at 60 days as of a few minutes ago...........but she can't book fast passes? Any thoughts on why? She is staying onsite and has tickets linked.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: