Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #1171
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

What time do the "movies under the stars" usually play in September at BCR? Thanks!

Old 06-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #1172
Travellerman
Mouseketeer

I'll be doing the deluxe dining plan so will be 3 sit down meals a day, but I will probably do a few signature restaurants as it is definitely a lot of food. I do however enjoy having a quiet after dinner drink, especially after a long day of walking around the parks so it might be fun. I do have an annual pass, so I am hoping to be able to get a discount for when I'm planning on being there (April 2015) but we'll see, I'm thinking it might be nice to splurge.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #1173
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Hey Robyn- I'll be up with you at midnight! And I start a new job tomorrow, but Disney is important too!

Rebecca
Up at midnight and glitches to the website so couldn't do FP+!

Luckily when I tried again at 5 am got everything we wanted. It was easier than I expected.

How did you do - did you get everything you wanted?

Hope so!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 06-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #1174
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellerman View Post
I'll be doing the deluxe dining plan so will be 3 sit down meals a day, but I will probably do a few signature restaurants as it is definitely a lot of food. I do however enjoy having a quiet after dinner drink, especially after a long day of walking around the parks so it might be fun. I do have an annual pass, so I am hoping to be able to get a discount for when I'm planning on being there (April 2015) but we'll see, I'm thinking it might be nice to splurge.
We are coming September 2015. We are staying club level also. I am really thinking of adding the deluxe dining too. My family will not be happy with the club level breakfast everyday. I would be fine and happy with it, but not my husband or kids. I would rather pay for the dining and not have to worry about not having enough credits when we are there. That is how I think as of now anyway. Plus I will do a lot of 2 credit meals
Old 06-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #1175
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Does anyone stay club level just for the service vs the club level food?

The option of having the food in the lounge is awesome but that is not the main reason I want to stay club level. I love the idea of the planning help and the service.

Am I looking at club level the wrong way? If we don't care about the snacks, is it still worth it to stay club level?
Old 06-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #1176
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Janet- it is exciting. My mom and I talked final FP* plans today. Only have two days to schedule, but I am ready. Really looking forward to the meet!

Rebecca
The department of Youth and Family Services is pleased to announce that there will be NO arrests in Ninja Mom's house as her boys did tell her what rides they wanted to go on so she could schedule their FP+. In other news Anna and Elsa are CRUSHED that they were NOT CHOSEN for the use of any of these fast passes by said boys. I may try to sneak a princess meet and greet fast pass in there to see if they are paying attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellerman View Post
That sounds like fun! One day in the future, without the kids along, I'd like to do a deluxe dining trip with the husband and schedule all the fancy places to eat.

Tom Bricker has a great site where he talks about the restaurants and what he liked and didn't like about them. It's indexed by restaurant so it's easy to navigate. You can read reviews if you are trying to decide between restaurants or you just want more information about the one you decided on.

This is a great resource for all things Disney travel!
Just google Disney Tourist Blog and it will pop right up.

~NM
Old 06-17-2014, 11:10 AM   #1177
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post

The option of having the food in the lounge is awesome but that is not the main reason I want to stay club level. I love the idea of the planning help and the service.

Am I looking at club level the wrong way? If we don't care about the snacks, is it still worth it to stay club level?
We stay for the convenience of the snacks and drinks and especially the breakfast. It's wonderful to not have to stand in line every time you want a drink or a snack. But, to me the other amenities are not really worth it. Making dining reservations is so quick and simple now. It's just a few clicks and you're done. Others may disagree but we didn't really see any true benefits other than the breakfast and convenience of the lounge. If you have a lot of planning that you need help with I'm sure it would be different.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #1178
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

We are at our 60 day mark for BCV. Is there any advantage to checking in online in advance?
Old 06-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #1179
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Same here. Had the midnight glitch. Only had time to book one day this morning before work but got 7DMT scheduled so I am happy.

Glad you got yours scheduled
Old 06-17-2014, 01:18 PM   #1180
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

How busy is SAB on holiday weekends?

We check in the Saturday before Veteran's Day and that is a planned resort day for us. We're coming from CSR and plan to arrive early (around 9a).

I'm hoping most families will head to the parks, but is that realistic?

I'm mostly worried about getting chairs.

Thanks!
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, WL

Old 06-17-2014, 01:57 PM   #1181
msdroz
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the current hours of SAB? I read the FAQ and it seems to vary per month.

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2014, 02:16 PM   #1182
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
Does anyone know the current hours of SAB? I read the FAQ and it seems to vary per month.

Thanks!
We've been here since Thursday, leaving today (sad!) and I think it's been 9am-11pm. It was definitely those hours yesterday.

~Yacht Club June 2014~Coronado December 2013~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
Old 06-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #1183
SillySallySews
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post

We're checking into BC CL on Sunday for our first CL stay. We booked CL because it was the only thing available at the BC with a military discount. I would not personally pay all that extra money just have them book my ADRs when it takes just a few minutes to do it online. They just e-mailed me a few days ago and asked if I needed help with reservations or planning. If I had waited until now to make ADRs I can't imagine what they would've been able to book for me this close to our trip. They couldn't even add a room request to my reservation until I was ten days out from arrival. Since this will be our first CL stay I'm not sure if my situation was the exception or the rule, but so far from what I can tell the planning service alone would not justify the extra money.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #1184
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Same here. Had the midnight glitch. Only had time to book one day this morning before work but got 7DMT scheduled so I am happy.

Glad you got yours scheduled
Saw a lot of people had a midnight glitch. I think I may wait until tomorrow am to schedule instead of staying up until midnight. I need my beauty sleep

Anyway, here in PA we are experiencing a HOT day - 91 degrees and it was the kids' field day today. So I am super sweaty. My thought" I am ready for Disney in August"

Have a great day!
Old 06-17-2014, 03:08 PM   #1185
chrissyc72
Mouseketeer

We booked club level for snacks & drinks & breakfast. We are not big on breakfast so it's good for us.

20 year anniversary trip!!!!! September 2014!
Beach Club-club level
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: