Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #1126
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,093

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlfan View Post
Really looking forward to BCV in 12 days. But wondering where you can grab a quick breakfast without going to Cape May?
Check out post #7 of this awesome thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...99&postcount=7


BC - Beach Club Marketplace
YC - Ale and Compass
YC - Captain's Grille
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:15 PM   #1127
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Ninja Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Dee can you remove us from the September list and add us to the July list
7/4-7/8 BC GV
Ya know..... you don't have to ever check out of the Beach Club..... you can just stay until August 18th rolls around.... (just sayin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
Bumping this so it doesn't get buried! Thanks! Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
Double Digits!!!! In 99 days we will be strolling to Epcot, swimming in SAB, and sipping a drink at HH! So.....we are staying GV. I really want to be right around the main courtyard in the back and I would love to be on the 1st or 2nd floor. We like it closer to the ground level and they have the full balconies or patios. Last time we were as far from the lobby as you can get and we'd like to be closer this time. Is this too much for a request? I think I need to pare it down. Maybe just the first 2? 1. Lakeside Courtyard View 2. Close to the lobby 3. 1st or 2nd floor
I'm sorry it is taking such a long time for us to answer your question. Teena is on a cruise and Dee is probably being chased by goats or something on that Historical Farm she works at.

I would ask for ground floor near lobby. That way you would get that patio and I think they may be able to get you close to the lobby. I am not the expert though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenbrady View Post
We stayed at Aluani in February what they did there was have cast members go around they took the towels folded them and put on the back of a chair, when they made rounds (about 1 hour) if towel was still roll on the back of the chair they removed them, making the chair available for another guest, and if they had personal items they bagged them and put them in a guest relations booth. This could be one suggestion to stop chair hogs, especially if they were leaving the pool area.
This is being too nice for the chair piggies. Ninja Mom would break out the 250 mile per hour leaf blower and blow their personal items into the bushes~

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
Can anyone make some suggestions for our last morning? Our flight is at 1:45 which makes me believe we'll have to catch ME around 10:45? My husband thinks he and my DS will have time for the pool but that seems like a stretch. I would do the Cape May breakfast but we did that last time we were there. Maybe the boardwalk for the little bikes although maybe that's too early... any suggestions are welcome, thanks!!
Remember they want you to have your luggage (that is not checked in to the airline in advance) out of storage at Bell Services a half an hour in advance of your Magical DEPRESS departure.

If you got up early you could hit the quiet pool. If you really wanted to hit SAB you could arrange for a town car to take you to the airport but that would only save you a half an hour at most. Also remember you will probably be dog tired from all that running around during the previous couple of days.

It might be fun to take a trip over to the spa and tell them you are sweaty and in need of a shower.... that's what I would do to fill my schedule if we are talking that small amount of time... but that is just me.

You could also hit the boardwalk for breakfast at the bakery. Bring your Tupperwear and buy some "to go" snacks for the airport. You can get pastries through TSA checkpoints at the airport.

I'm not sure what time the stores open at the boardwalk but there is The Fittings and Farings store at the Yacht Club to check out. You could also ride the boats around in the early morning... sort of like a relaxing farewell cruise.

Ok, so now I am out of ideas.... Can anybody else come up with something better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Oooh, I just looked at the calendar and realized in only 3 days I get to make my FastPass choices! Yay!!!

Aghh! Aggh! Aggh! (NinjaMom runs around the room with her hair on fire!!!) Those boys of mine better tell me what they want to do or I'm going to put their sorry butts on It's a Small World and the Princess Fairytale meet and greets!!!

~NM
__________________
Ninja Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-15-2014, 09:58 PM   #1128
beachmom14
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Point Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 100

Hi all!! So we're down to 65 days, 11 hrs and about 24 minutes till we check in at BCV (but hey, who's counting)!! My new dilemma is to do or not to do on-line check in? This is the 1st time we'll be arriving early, our plane, hopefully arrives at MCO at 9:35am. If I do on-line and I know it's not a guarantee, in fact it's probably a long shot, but do we have at least a chance at some pixie dust in having our room ready when we check in? and part b of this, is what if we don't like our room location, can I still change it once we're assigned? I do have a request already attached to the reservation for ground floor across from canal and I believe I can request ground floor on-line also. Any input would be greatly appreciated, you guys are the best!!!
__________________
beachmom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:25 PM   #1129
catho72
DIS Veteran
 
catho72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: outside Chicago
Posts: 1,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Thank you for the info on the beach, I am on the fence if we should take a day away from BC to do the beach. How old are your kids? Mine will be 9 & 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
BC is one of my favorite resorts! We have been lucky enough to have stayed at both BC & BCV. We love the easy walk to Epcot & boat to the Studios. We also enjoy walking around the boardwalk in the early morning & later in the evening. Having said that, I too am interested in possibly going to the beach. I just never seem to want to leave "the world" for an entire day while there though.

Our kids are 15, 13 and 11. The oldest one isn't a fan of the beach so it's usually her and I hanging out. We spent lysis year at SAB and shopping at DTD, last year at MK and enjoying the Poly. The first time we stayed back we went to AK for EE and walked up to Tusker House without a reservation and they got us in. I then asked her where should we go and she said, "let's tour the monorail resorts!" I'm doing something right with her......

__________________
Me : DH DD 15 DS 13 DD 11

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay



catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:33 AM   #1130
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,259

page 72-74

@Ninjamom- Thanks for your informative posts about summer travel to the World and where to find info about park hours. I wish I could direct people to the WDW website for information, but that site is such a trainwreck!

I plan to post links to your two posts over on Page 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Added a day in August. It's now Aug16-21.

Have fun on your cruise Teena!!
Got it!




Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
I've changed our reservation to YC due to the construction at BC during our stay (or at least expected during our stay). My only concern is we booked SV CL and I'm thinking I'm going to regret it. For those of you that had SV, did you regret not going GV or LB?

Jenn
I'll make the change.

Hard to say if you will regret booking SV- the importance of the view is a very individual choice. Personally, the view isn't a big deal for me. Although I do spend a lot of time on the balcony, it is usually when it is dark outside- either morning before everyone else is up or at night before bed, so it doesn't really matter what I am looking at. During the day, I am mostly at the parks or the pool.




Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgirl View Post
So excited! We're heading back to the BC this fall! Oct. 26-Nov. 2 GV!! Can't wait!
back!



I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.



Quote:
Originally Posted by eangel12 View Post
Has anyone ever ordered the "amenities" from the in room dining experience?! Our friends and their kids are checking in next Saturday. I was looking to send them either the Stormalong buckets or the Snack Attack. Anyone every tried either of these?? Their kids are 5 and 3.

Thanks!!
On one trip a friend sent milk and cookies to our room- that was a nice surprise. I know there are also other things like chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate Mickeys you can order.

We have never given or received either of the two gifts you mentioned




Quote:
Originally Posted by HParr View Post
Perfect! Thanks for answering my question. I always thought that the busses ran between hotels and parks only. Now I know better!

Glad that you enjoyed your trip and I really enjoyed it too!
Buses run between the 4 theme parks (although I think it is just the monorail between MK and EP). Buses do NOT go between DTD and the theme parks.




Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Look what I found!!!!!!
Thanks for the pictures! They will go into my files and I think I will add them to my CL photo thread.

Seems like the afternoon snacks have been expanded with the bread and hummus, but I noticed the house-made chips are not listed on the sign, although I see them in one of your picture and the dip is listed. Weird. They are still offered every day, right? Right???




Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
One of those decisions has to do with our vacation. We have switched our dates because of work issues with our September Labor Day weekend trip and drastically moved up the dates!

Dee can you remove us from the September list and add us to the July list
7/4-7/8 BC GV

We are actually then moving to the Swan for 2 nights, and the reason we are moving is because of the shower/locker room issue at BC. We always have the last flight out and I need a proper shower before getting on an 8:45 pm flight. No proper facilities is a deal breaker for me. So while I am so happy to be going back to BC and my beloved SAB, I am disappointed about having to switch resorts to get a shower

I will end on a good note... in 19 days I will be sitting at SAB
Will do!

It is really a shame that this policy change has resulted in you changing resorts. If you have the time to write a letter, as a long-time fan of the Beach Club resort, complaining about this change, and explaining the impact it is having on your upcoming trip it would be helpful. Management at the resort really does pay attention to guests' input.

Ha!

I'm giving a homework assignment to a teacher.



Here's the address to write to Ms. Flynn, GM of the resort.

You may write to:

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #1131
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,259

page 75-76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
Double Digits!!!! In 99 days we will be strolling to Epcot, swimming in SAB, and sipping a drink at HH!

So.....we are staying GV. I really want to be right around the main courtyard in the back and I would love to be on the 1st or 2nd floor. We like it closer to the ground level and they have the full balconies or patios. Last time we were as far from the lobby as you can get and we'd like to be closer this time. Is this too much for a request? I think I need to pare it down. Maybe just the first 2?

1. Lakeside Courtyard View
2. Close to the lobby
3. 1st or 2nd floor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
I'm sorry it is taking such a long time for us to answer your question. Teena is on a cruise and Dee is probably being chased by goats or something on that Historical Farm she works at.

I would ask for ground floor near lobby. That way you would get that patio and I think they may be able to get you close to the lobby. I am not the expert though.
No, not chased by goats this weekend, but I did take one of them for a trip to the beach:





I thought he would love it, but he just said "Mehhhhhhhhhhh"


I think if you request "Lakeside Courtyard View, first or second floor" that would take care of the close to lobby request too.




Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm thinking about booking 1 night in July after we do 2 nights (CSR Business class) and 3 at Vero Beach. My dad has some dietary restrictions and I didn't know if the lounge food offered some healthy options. For breakfast he will do cereal and berries (which I know CSR offers) but didn't know if YC CL offered that as well? Any help would be great! We are going to Epcot at night so I thought it would be nice to be close and walking distance. Thanks for any advice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
For breakfast YC usually offers cereals, fruit, Danish, bagels, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, muffins and some type of bread (like banana bread, etc. Hope that helps!
Here is a link to pictures of the Beach Club breakfast offerings last July. I believe the same things are served in the YC lounge.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...42&postcount=2



Quote:
Originally Posted by brenbrady View Post
We stayed at Aluani in February what they did there was have cast members go around they took the towels folded them and put on the back of a chair, when they made rounds (about 1 hour) if towel was still roll on the back of the chair they removed them, making the chair available for another guest, and if they had personal items they bagged them and put them in a guest relations booth. This could be one suggestion to stop chair hogs, especially if they were leaving the pool area.
Great idea!




Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom14 View Post
Hi all!! So we're down to 65 days, 11 hrs and about 24 minutes till we check in at BCV (but hey, who's counting)!! My new dilemma is to do or not to do on-line check in? This is the 1st time we'll be arriving early, our plane, hopefully arrives at MCO at 9:35am. If I do on-line and I know it's not a guarantee, in fact it's probably a long shot, but do we have at least a chance at some pixie dust in having our room ready when we check in? and part b of this, is what if we don't like our room location, can I still change it once we're assigned? I do have a request already attached to the reservation for ground floor across from canal and I believe I can request ground floor on-line also. Any input would be greatly appreciated, you guys are the best!!!
We have been lucky. On each of my BC checkins, around 11:30 in the morning, my room has been ready.

Not sure about with the villas- it seems like the rooms are usually ready later in the day.

You can always ask about what else is available if you are not satisfied with your room reassignment, however I know the villas are often fully occupied, so there is not always a lot of availability to make a switch.

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:26 AM   #1132
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMomx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hamilton Square, NJ
Posts: 11,086

Tomorrow is my 60 day mark - so as loony as I am, I'll be up at midnight to book our FP+!

A little bit nervous as I've never done this before.
I can book for the whole trip - just like ADR's, right?

Finished school Friday. Just have our school's golf outing today and then I'll be able to Dis to my heart's content!
__________________
Robyn

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:35 AM   #1133
Elandon
Earning My Ears
 
Elandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom14 View Post
I do have a request already attached to the reservation for ground floor across from canal and I believe I can request ground floor on-line also. Any input would be greatly appreciated, you guys are the best!!!
What is the benefit of ground floor?

Also, @beachmom, we arrive in 69 days (68 days, 23 hours, and 24 min until we leave for the airport to be exact)! Maybe we will see you at SAB!
Elandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:36 AM   #1134
Couchy
DIS Veteran
 
Couchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 1,200 miles away
Posts: 1,685

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Me too!!!!!!



This is the third time my husband has driven to Cocoa Beach with the kids. I went with them once. They love it! I have them pack a lunch, either sandwiches from the Marketplace or bought at Subway. They always make a point to stop at Ron Jon's. Last year they slapped a Ron Jon sticker on my car as a surprise. I personally don't want to take any time away from my BC to go with so I usually stay back. But my husband loves the ocean and paddle boarding. In fact, they came back with a paddle board from Ron Jon's this year. They said it was cheaper to buy one than rent....oh ok. ;-)

I don't mind sending the family off while I stay back at BC with whomever doesn't want to go.

Hope this helps!
I'm with you. I will take SAB over the beach any day

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
Can anyone make some suggestions for our last morning? Our flight is at 1:45 which makes me believe we'll have to catch ME around 10:45? My husband thinks he and my DS will have time for the pool but that seems like a stretch. I would do the Cape May breakfast but we did that last time we were there. Maybe the boardwalk for the little bikes although maybe that's too early... any suggestions are welcome, thanks!!
Captain's Grill has a nice quiet breakfast buffet, or maybe grab breakfast at the Marketplace or Boardwalk Bakery and eat it a a table by one of the quiet pools
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
page 72-74

Will do!

It is really a shame that this policy change has resulted in you changing resorts. If you have the time to write a letter, as a long-time fan of the Beach Club resort, complaining about this change, and explaining the impact it is having on your upcoming trip it would be helpful. Management at the resort really does pay attention to guests' input.

Ha!

I'm giving a homework assignment to a teacher.



Here's the address to write to Ms. Flynn, GM of the resort.

You may write to:

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Thanks for the assignment Dee. I will gladly write a letter. It is really frustrating to spend so much on a deluxe resort and not have a proper facility in which to get ready to go home in. All because some spa lady doesn't like the cleaning aspect of her job
DH hates splitting resorts but also wants a shower after being in the hot humid Florida sun all day and neither of us wants to "work out" at 5 pm either in order to "earn" the right to shower, and certainly no one wants me to shower properly at the pool showers
__________________
Me DH

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:38 AM   #1135
Couchy
DIS Veteran
 
Couchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 1,200 miles away
Posts: 1,685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Ya know..... you don't have to ever check out of the Beach Club..... you can just stay until August 18th rolls around.... (just sayin)


~NM
I would if I could but soccer try outs start that date... state mandated start date, and if the coach doesn't show.... well it could be a slight problem
__________________
Me DH

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #1136
beachmom14
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Point Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandon View Post
What is the benefit of ground floor?

Also, @beachmom, we arrive in 69 days (68 days, 23 hours, and 24 min until we leave for the airport to be exact)! Maybe we will see you at SAB!
We like the ground floor because we don't have to walk through the hotel/lobby to get to the buses, the quite pool (at BVC) is only a few feet away and we're smokers so the DSA is real close. However this only works if we get a room facing the pool/canal, see there is a method to my madness.

We'll be at SAB every afternoon, we're a party of 4, hubby looks like Rob Ryan from the Dallas Cowboys and daughter and her friend both 11 will be the two blonde fishes that we can't get out of the pool. We'll have to toast to our vacations with sunken treasures!!!!!!
__________________
beachmom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:27 AM   #1137
DawnMaree
Mouseketeer
 
DawnMaree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandon View Post
What is the benefit of ground floor?
We had ground floor/lake view at the Yacht Club and really liked it. We were able to sit on the patio while our boys (then 4 & 2) romped around in the grassy area. Also, many nights we just walked from our patio to the marina and watched high Illuminations. It was nice to be able to do that casually rather than locking the doors and going down the halls, outside, blah blah... LOL
__________________
DawnMaree
DawnMaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #1138
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Ninja Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
I would if I could but soccer try outs start that date... state mandated start date, and if the coach doesn't show.... well it could be a slight problem

Well you are in LUCK! because Ninja Mom has the solution to all of your problems!

What you need is a "Try outs ROAD TRIP" to the Beach Club! They can play soccer by the lake and who ever kicks the ball into the lake gets cut from the team since no one can go in to get it. I'd say they'll last about 15 minutes before the ball is in the lake and when it goes for a swim that means that try outs are OVER!!!

Think of how relaxing and enjoyable herding 15 kids for soccer try outs around WDW will be . If NM were running the show she'd just go to the pool bar and let the 15 of them figure it out for themselves.

Of course your biggest challenge would be keeping the girls from sneaking off to the laundry room to meet our fantasy bartender Tom Collins.... HOWEVER, I have it on good authority that he is still having a hot fling with Margarita and he hasn't been showing up to work on time.

So what are you waiting for? PROBLEM SOLVED!

~NM
__________________
Ninja Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #1139
ChipnDaleRule
DIS Veteran
 
ChipnDaleRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Manchester U.K
Posts: 1,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom14 View Post
We like the ground floor because we don't have to walk
Hope this isn't a silly question but when we stayed a BC ground floor a several years ago we couldn't leave via the patio doors as you could only lock them from the inside! So how do you secure your room as we would love to request a patio room to save on the walking?
__________________
ChipnDaleRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:07 AM   #1140
mlggator
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 233

We are coming in either late January or mid-February for a sports event that my daughter is competing in. We always spend time at the pool, so the pool is very important to us. (Hoping that it will be warm enough)
It is likely our group (team families) will be spread out across the properties. We would like to stay at the BC or YC because of the pool. Here is my question. It is likely that the my daughter will have one of her friends spend the night in our room several nights and hang out with us a lot on the trip (they are the very best of friends).
Would she be able to join us in the pool when she is staying in our room with us (FYI: we would not be exceeding allowable persons in the room)?

Oh, also is the pool heated in the winter?
mlggator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: