Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #1111
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
catho72 how did your family like going to see the ocean? We are on the fence about taking time to do this, vs using that day to stay at SAB
I'm curious how you liked it too. We did Cocoa Beach for a day on our last trip and liked it a lot....although we went in November and the water was a bit cool. We did a public beach right past the cruise lines port and they had a restaurant there, showers and a restroom. It was a faster drive than our GPS had it at too!

Old 06-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #1112
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
Double Digits!!!! In 99 days we will be strolling to Epcot, swimming in SAB, and sipping a drink at HH! So.....we are staying GV. I really want to be right around the main courtyard in the back and I would love to be on the 1st or 2nd floor. We like it closer to the ground level and they have the full balconies or patios. Last time we were as far from the lobby as you can get and we'd like to be closer this time. Is this too much for a request? I think I need to pare it down. Maybe just the first 2? 1. Lakeside Courtyard View 2. Close to the lobby 3. 1st or 2nd floor
Bumping this so it doesn't get buried! Thanks!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2014, 02:18 PM   #1113
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Hi everyone! I'm thinking about booking 1 night in July after we do 2 nights (CSR Business class) and 3 at Vero Beach. My dad has some dietary restrictions and I didn't know if the lounge food offered some healthy options. For breakfast he will do cereal and berries (which I know CSR offers) but didn't know if YC CL offered that as well? Any help would be great! We are going to Epcot at night so I thought it would be nice to be close and walking distance. Thanks for any advice!
Old 06-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #1114
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm thinking about booking 1 night in July after we do 2 nights (CSR Business class) and 3 at Vero Beach. My dad has some dietary restrictions and I didn't know if the lounge food offered some healthy options. For breakfast he will do cereal and berries (which I know CSR offers) but didn't know if YC CL offered that as well? Any help would be great! We are going to Epcot at night so I thought it would be nice to be close and walking distance. Thanks for any advice!
For breakfast YC usually offers cereals, fruit, Danish, bagels, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, muffins and some type of bread (like banana bread, etc. Hope that helps!
Old 06-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #1115
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I am picturing her with a stopwatch and a little jar with markings so she can collect the sweat to make sure there is enough to earn a shower.
Me too!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
catho72 how did your family like going to see the ocean? We are on the fence about taking time to do this, vs using that day to stay at SAB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
I'm curious how you liked it too. We did Cocoa Beach for a day on our last trip and liked it a lot....although we went in November and the water was a bit cool. We did a public beach right past the cruise lines port and they had a restaurant there, showers and a restroom. It was a faster drive than our GPS had it at too!
This is the third time my husband has driven to Cocoa Beach with the kids. I went with them once. They love it! I have them pack a lunch, either sandwiches from the Marketplace or bought at Subway. They always make a point to stop at Ron Jon's. Last year they slapped a Ron Jon sticker on my car as a surprise. I personally don't want to take any time away from my BC to go with so I usually stay back. But my husband loves the ocean and paddle boarding. In fact, they came back with a paddle board from Ron Jon's this year. They said it was cheaper to buy one than rent....oh ok. ;-)

I don't mind sending the family off while I stay back at BC with whomever doesn't want to go.

Usually they leave around 10am and get home around 6pm. It's about an hour each way.

Hope this helps!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 06-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #1116
brenbrady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by db57me View Post
Maybe the BC & YC should start tagging chairs as guests come in to the area, maybe you are assigned chairs based on MB. We need to scan our MBs when we enter, we should have to scan the on the way out. Then, every 30 mins or do, do a check. If chairs are not being used or guests have left the area, take the chair for another guest. It's too bad we can't just all play nice.
We stayed at Aluani in February what they did there was have cast members go around they took the towels folded them and put on the back of a chair, when they made rounds (about 1 hour) if towel was still roll on the back of the chair they removed them, making the chair available for another guest, and if they had personal items they bagged them and put them in a guest relations booth. This could be one suggestion to stop chair hogs, especially if they were leaving the pool area.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #1117
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the info on the beach, I am on the fence if we should take a day away from BC to do the beach. How old are your kids? Mine will be 9
& 7
Old 06-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #1118
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

BC is one of my favorite resorts! We have been lucky enough to have stayed at both BC & BCV. We love the easy walk to Epcot & boat to the Studios. We also enjoy walking around the boardwalk in the early morning & later in the evening.
Having said that, I too am interested in possibly going to the beach. I just never seem to want to leave "the world" for an entire day while there though.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #1119
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Oooh, I just looked at the calendar and realized in only 3 days I get to make my FastPass choices! Yay!!!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 06-15-2014, 06:26 PM   #1120
db57me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenbrady View Post
We stayed at Aluani in February what they did there was have cast members go around they took the towels folded them and put on the back of a chair, when they made rounds (about 1 hour) if towel was still roll on the back of the chair they removed them, making the chair available for another guest, and if they had personal items they bagged them and put them in a guest relations booth. This could be one suggestion to stop chair hogs, especially if they were leaving the pool area.
That would work.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:17 PM   #1121
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

If you're from a place where you and your kids have never seen the ocean, then you owe it to yourselves and them to get to the beach. You're only an hour's drive away. As "magical" as WDW is, there's something really majestic about the ocean, and the only way to know what I'm talking about is to see it for yourself.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Old 06-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #1122
phoebec
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
If you're from a place where you and your kids have never seen the ocean, then you owe it to yourselves and them to get to the beach. You're only an hour's drive away. As "magical" as WDW is, there's something really majestic about the ocean, and the only way to know what I'm talking about is to see it for yourself.
I agree completely. The ocean is truly magical and majestic.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #1123
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
For breakfast there are plenty of healthy choices: cereal, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs. There is always fresh whole fruits like apples, bananas and oranges out through out the day

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 06-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #1124
msdroz
Mouseketeer

Can anyone make some suggestions for our last morning? Our flight is at 1:45 which makes me believe we'll have to catch ME around 10:45? My husband thinks he and my DS will have time for the pool but that seems like a stretch. I would do the Cape May breakfast but we did that last time we were there. Maybe the boardwalk for the little bikes although maybe that's too early... any suggestions are welcome, thanks!!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #1125
vwlfan
Mouseketeer

Quick Dining suggestions?

Really looking forward to BCV in 12 days. But wondering where you can grab a quick breakfast without going to Cape May?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: