Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #1021
Amberleefuta
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!! I just wanted to say I will be down at the world in about a month. Not sure where we r staying as I am going with my best friend for her wedding. We are so excited!!!

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Amberleefuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #1022
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

For anyone interested I have started my trip report for our stay at the Presidential Suite! It is titled Major Pixie Dust! Presidential Suite at the Beach Club!!! It is a work in progress, I hope you enjoy the pictures!

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
floridagirl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #1023
pandv_2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandon View Post
Hi, everyone. I have loved reading your thread. Is there a thread for July and August? We are staying at BC for the first time in August and are sooooooo excited.
The May-June in the title is just to show when the posts were made. It's a popular thread and they only seem to last about 3 months before a new one is made

Jun 2007 AKL, Aug 2008 AKL, Oct 2010 HRH & OKW, Oct 2012 Tokyo including Disney Sea, Aug 2013 HRH & AKL, Aug 2014 Japan including Tokyo Disney, Aug 2015 YC (and probs HRH)

pandv_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #1024
kwannon
Earning My Ears

Hello! Just got to BC this afternoon and it's been good so far. Had lunch at Hurricane Hannah's and a storm came up quickly and it really felt like a little hurricane.

Do I remember reading something that you can see the Hollywood Studios fireworks from here? Is it anything special once the Star Wars weekend happens?
Old 06-11-2014, 05:08 PM   #1025
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

any tips for when to get to SAB in the AM during mid-August?
BandontheRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #1026
Gillespiedisney
Mouseketeer

I know this might be taboo to post on here but anyone have any info for the dark side (universal) possibly adding a 2 night stay before or after disney... What would be best, before disney or after?? My husband works for comcast and they get a discount. I'm starting to get anxiety over this whole trip!

BC WV 11/9-11/15 Free Dining & part of F&W
Gillespiedisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #1027
msdroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Not a fan of online check in...I would request HIGH UP FLOOR with view of wedding gazebo. Depending on where you are positioned you have a chance at a side lagoon view for a garden view price.
Just curious why you are not a fan of online check in... I've never done it!
msdroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #1028
msdroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
YES!!!! We go every June and every year I try to do 10 new things and this really keeps me busy and thinking all year....We are on a split stay at GFV and YC CL this summer and then a few nights at Universal. So I love planning and agonizing all year and coming up with my 10 new things that when it finally arrives a lot of the fun is gone for me b/c this is a complete hobby for me. DD15 is bring a friend this summer and now a few other families have asked us to go in April 2015 for Spring Break so I get to plan a trip 10 months out instead of 12 months so that helps..but I do get pretty sad depression when it is over...This year as a surprise, after we check out of US/IOA, I am going to AKL for a surprise night before we head home. Girls think we are going to the airport, but alas one last surprise!!!!! I can't leave Florid from universal property....just wouldn't be right...
I am not complaining by any means but this time I planned it in such a short time span (Feb-June) that I felt the wait went by too fast! We went when my son was 5 and we promised him that we'd be back when he was 10. Well DH went on a business trip to Disneyland in January and said that we need to go back sooner than originally planned, he got bit by the dis bug! Lucky for me we ended up booking for this summer and I just can't believe it's almost here! I will go through withdrawal big time!!
msdroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #1029
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwannon View Post
Hello! Just got to BC this afternoon and it's been good so far. Had lunch at Hurricane Hannah's and a storm came up quickly and it really felt like a little hurricane.

Do I remember reading something that you can see the Hollywood Studios fireworks from here? Is it anything special once the Star Wars weekend happens?
On Star War weekends there are special fire works. We watched them from our balcony at the BC. They were really good.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)

Old 06-11-2014, 06:35 PM   #1030
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillespiedisney View Post
I know this might be taboo to post on here but anyone have any info for the dark side (universal) possibly adding a 2 night stay before or after disney... What would be best, before disney or after?? My husband works for comcast and they get a discount. I'm starting to get anxiety over this whole trip!

BC WV 11/9-11/15 Free Dining & part of F&W
This past July we did 3 nights at US/IoA followed by 4 nights at the Beach Club. The reason we did Disney last was so we could meet up with our favorite CM, who was away earlier in the week, but I have heard it recommended to go to the "darkside" last. If you are staying on site, you will have front of the line privileges at the end of your trip when you are probably tired. Also, you will get to use the Magic Express on arrival and avoid the Tragical Depress back to the airport.

We used a car service to take us from the airport to the Hard Rock Hotel, and then from the Hard Rock to the Beach Club.

natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #1031
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleefuta View Post
Hi everyone!! I just wanted to say I will be down at the world in about a month. Not sure where we r staying as I am going with my best friend for her wedding. We are so excited!!!

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Back

~NM
Old 06-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #1032
kwannon
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
On Star War weekends there are special fire works. We watched them from our balcony at the BC. They were really good.
Thanks!
What side were you facing?
Old 06-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #1033
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwannon View Post

Thanks!
What side were you facing?
We were facing the Boardwalk

Old 06-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #1034
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ View Post
I'm so excited that we are finally staying at the BC -- even if it is only for 3 nights

We're doing our first split stay -- 7 nights @ CSR w/free dining and 3 nights @ BC dining OOP.

I'm most excited about SAB. We've eaten at CMC (H's fav) every trip and my girls ALWAYS ask about SAB and now they can finally go in!!!

We're keeping the BC part a secret. I can't wait for them to thin that we're leaving only to hop over to another resort AND go to MVMCP!

We will depart CSR on a Saturday and we're using that entire day to get to know the resort -- so hopefully the weather works with us! Our plan is to have a quick breakfast in the club lounge at CSR and then head over to the BC. I doubt our room will be ready, but at least we can enjoy the resort while we wait.

I'm going to make a conscious effort not to "wish away" our CSR stay, as it's our first time staying there, too -- but I can't wait to finally stay at the BC!!!
What a great surprise for your girls. I stayed at CSR once and really enjoyed it. While nothing compares to SAB the pool at CSR is really nice and not a bad place to spend an afternoon. It sounds like a great trip all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
For anyone interested I have started my trip report for our stay at the Presidential Suite! It is titled Major Pixie Dust! Presidential Suite at the Beach Club!!! It is a work in progress, I hope you enjoy the pictures!
Excellent news - I'm off to check it out!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
JanetMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #1035
Flyz Ondewalz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
any tips for when to get to SAB in the AM during mid-August?
Just line up behind me, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy. I'm like a pool groupie. I get there early, start stealing everyone's maraschino cherries from their drinks and then I eventually pass out until it's time to leave. It's a win win for everybody as you get my company and I get the fruit in your beverage.

Signed, your pal Buzzy the fly, the Beach Club bon vivant!
Flyz Ondewalz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: