Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #991
Elandon
Earning My Ears

Hi, everyone. I have loved reading your thread. Is there a thread for July and August? We are staying at BC for the first time in August and are sooooooo excited.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #992
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
arm floaties on toddlers, or tubes that totally encircle infants and small toddlers- ok, as long as an adult is within arms length.

Noodles- ok

outside tubes- not allowed. The resort discontinued the policy of charging for tubes- they are now, for better or worse, free floating in the pool

ETA: There are also life vests available poolside to borrow, free of charge.

beach balls- good question. I don't know! Anyone?

Oh good, I'll pack a few noodles. I also have a really cool thing that makes a noodle into a mesh floating hammock thing. Glad to hear they are no longer charging for tubes! Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #993
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandon View Post
Hi, everyone. I have loved reading your thread. Is there a thread for July and August? We are staying at BC for the first time in August and are sooooooo excited.
Once this one gets to 250 pages long, which should happen sometime late July-August, there will be a new thread.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:46 AM   #994
CAJUNWDWFAN
Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

Just checking in. My family and I got back a few weeks ago from a wonderful stay at the Beach Club. It was amazing as ever! Glad we got to see you Teena!

Disney Trips: 20 Trips and Counting!)
Grand Floridian Dec.-2013
Beach Club Dec.-2009, April 2014 (Stone Harbor Club twice!)
Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!) Sept.-2013
Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008, April-2012
Wilderness Lodge Dec.-2005, Oct.-2011
Port Orleans 1994, Port Orleans Riverside Oct.-2007, May-2013
Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)
Old 06-11-2014, 01:21 AM   #995
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Cathy great pics! Last time I ordered a Sunken Treasure my friends told me it looked like antifreeze sure tastes good though
I think for sure I'm going to bring a bottle of vodka or Malibu Rum to add to something! Don't know what drinks they're serving at GF CL, but there must be something worthy of adding vodka to
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 06-11-2014, 07:03 AM   #996
tracysis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Cathy great pics! Last time I ordered a Sunken Treasure my friends told me it looked like antifreeze sure tastes good though
I think for sure I'm going to bring a bottle of vodka or Malibu Rum to add to something! Don't know what drinks they're serving at GF CL, but there must be something worthy of adding vodka to
Good Idea, I think most of the drinks at Hurricane Hannah's need a little kick, most of them are weak, especially the sunken treasure. I wish I would have been thinking like you. Next time.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:28 AM   #997
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Sue: there is ALWAYS something you can add vodka too!!!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 06-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #998
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJUNWDWFAN View Post
Just checking in. My family and I got back a few weeks ago from a wonderful stay at the Beach Club. It was amazing as ever! Glad we got to see you Teena!
It was wonderful seeing you!!!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #999
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
It's a short little walk over to the BC lobby to say hi!!! The two years will go fast ... planning is such fun! Especially with our group here!!!
We will come say hi for sure!! It's totally BECAUSE of this group that we're going to stay at the YC (or BC). Everyone is so nice and so friendly and it just makes the atmosphere that much more special. I can't hardly wait to go and get to stay there too!! For now, it's just fun to see everyone's trip reports and pictures and I can tuck all that info away for when we actually get close enough to start planning.Staying on the Epcot side will be totally new for us, so I think we're all excited for a fun change.

For everyone that stays over in the Epcot resorts, do you usually do the Park Hopper since you're within walking distance to HS and Epcot? We normally do park hoppers, but we were thinking of not doing it this trip.... but I suspect that would be a mistake not to, considering we could just pop over to Epcot anytime we wanted.... It might be worth the money to do it for this one....

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 06-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #1000
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
We will come say hi for sure!! It's totally BECAUSE of this group that we're going to stay at the YC (or BC). Everyone is so nice and so friendly and it just makes the atmosphere that much more special. I can't hardly wait to go and get to stay there too!! For now, it's just fun to see everyone's trip reports and pictures and I can tuck all that info away for when we actually get close enough to start planning.Staying on the Epcot side will be totally new for us, so I think we're all excited for a fun change.

For everyone that stays over in the Epcot resorts, do you usually do the Park Hopper since you're within walking distance to HS and Epcot? We normally do park hoppers, but we were thinking of not doing it this trip.... but I suspect that would be a mistake not to, considering we could just pop over to Epcot anytime we wanted.... It might be worth the money to do it for this one....
Normally if we stay anywhere other than the Y&B, I don't recommend hoppers. However, staying at the Y&B, hoppers are definitely needed. You can pop over to get something in France at the bakery, you can jump over for a great quick service meal at Sunshine Seasons (where Soarin is) ... it's just a good thing to have when you stay at an Epcot resort!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #1001
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJUNWDWFAN View Post
So glad you had a great vacay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post

You will love it!!!! I always gets hoppers because we LOVE the convenience of walking to Epcot at night for dinner. I feel like being so close to HS and Epcot the hoppers really make a lot of sense for out family. We always head over to one of them at night.
Happy planning! That is one of my favorite parts!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #1002
DawnMaree
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Normally if we stay anywhere other than the Y&B, I don't recommend hoppers. However, staying at the Y&B, hoppers are definitely needed. You can pop over to get something in France at the bakery, you can jump over for a great quick service meal at Sunshine Seasons (where Soarin is) ... it's just a good thing to have when you stay at an Epcot resort!!!
I agree with Teena. Hopping into Epcot is one of the best things, especially some evenings taking the monorail from the Magic Kingdom to Epcot and walking through.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #1003
helenb
Wishing for the World...

Hopping into Epcot for dinner is nice, but hopping over to DHS for cupcakes at Starring Rolls is even better!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:12 AM   #1004
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenb View Post
Hopping into Epcot for dinner is nice, but hopping over to DHS for cupcakes at Starring Rolls is even better!
You are absolutely right. Those cupcakes are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A guest brought me one about a month ago and I actually went back the next day to buy some for Bob. Those are the best ... it's so hard to figure out which one to buy though!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #1005
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMaree View Post
I agree with Teena. Hopping into Epcot is one of the best things, especially some evenings taking the monorail from the Magic Kingdom to Epcot and walking through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
So glad you had a great vacay!!!

You will love it!!!! I always gets hoppers because we LOVE the convenience of walking to Epcot at night for dinner. I feel like being so close to HS and Epcot the hoppers really make a lot of sense for out family. We always head over to one of them at night.
Happy planning! That is one of my favorite parts!!!
Quote:
Park hoppers it is !!! thanks everyone, I totally agree... I'd hate to be right next door and not be able to just hop over anytime... this is such fun to plan!! I am loving all the pictures .....and can't wait to get some Hurricane Hanna's by the pool. Oh, that pool......

for the first time, we're actually going to go back to the resort mid day and swim. We made the mistake of not doing this last trip and we had a hard trip. But I think staying over here is going to be like a vacation within a vacation!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: