Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #976
kimmy85
PROUD US ARMY MOM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Sunken Treasure.

The unofficial adult beverage of the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread.

See the Community Post on Page 2 of this thread for more pictures and the recipe.

Just suppose that maybe someone doesn't like Midori or the taste of melon...just suppose.

Is there a recommended 2nd choice for an unofficial adult beverage at YC/BC?
Old 06-10-2014, 02:12 PM   #977
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy85 View Post
Just suppose that maybe someone doesn't like Midori or the taste of melon...just suppose.

Is there a recommended 2nd choice for an unofficial adult beverage at YC/BC?
Here are some of the "official" bevvies:

The Poolside Plunge maybe?

I hear good things about the Pina Colava...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #978
kimmy85
PROUD US ARMY MOM!

Thanks Dee! I will have to perform an in-depth analysis when we finally get there next year. Mmmmm.....mango!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #979
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy85 View Post
Just suppose that maybe someone doesn't like Midori or the taste of melon...just suppose. Is there a recommended 2nd choice for an unofficial adult beverage at YC/BC?
The Sunken Treasure isn't too melon-y tasting. But if you really don't think you'll like it, try to Piña CooLava. It's my second favorite drink. I should have ordered that instead of the Black cherry Lemonade I ordered. It tasted like cough syrup. I think I need to go down to the lounge and get a beer to wash the flavor down.

Vodka is definitely needed in the lounge. Mix some of that with the delicious Stormalong Bay Breeze drink they have in there now next to the iced tea and lemonade and it would be the new Sunken Treasure! YUMMY!!! The SAB Breeze is a mix of sprite and something else....cranberry juice maybe?

Off to get that beer.......

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 06-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #980
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
The Sunken Treasure isn't too melon-y tasting. But if you really don't think you'll like it, try to Piña CooLava. It's my second favorite drink. I should have ordered that instead of the Black cherry Lemonade I ordered. It tasted like cough syrup. I think I need to go down to the lounge and get a beer to wash the flavor down.

Vodka is definitely needed in the lounge. Mix some of that with the delicious Stormalong Bay Breeze drink they have in there now next to the iced tea and lemonade and it would be the new Sunken Treasure! YUMMY!!! The SAB Breeze is a mix of sprite and something else....cranberry juice maybe?

Off to get that beer.......

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Stormalong Bay Breeze- Sprite, Cranberry and Pineapple Juice, I believe.

BYOV- I bet vodka (or rum) would be really good with this.

The unofficial drink of the Yacht & Beach Club laundry room?

Old 06-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #981
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

I have a strange question, from the newbie YC/BC dork.....we're absolutely unfamiliar w/ the YC, but we decided to stay here our next trip. We had stayed at the GF, but I really have always wanted to stay at either the BC or YC. So my DH gave in for the next trip.

In looking at the layout, it looks like if you're on the farthest side (of the YC for example) it's a hike to walk to Epcot. We're probably going to get a garden view. Can I request 'closer to lobby or closer to SAB' ? Is that something that is even possible? Am I just making too much out of it? Never having been there in person, it's hard to guage from the pictures. (but both resorts just look so good to me!!) I would appreciate any help!!!

We decided on the YC because of the full balconies, but the more I am on this thread, the more it just seems like that doesn't even matter..... that both resorts are just so beautiful. it seems like I can't go wrong with either one, that's for sure.

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 06-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #982
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
I have a strange question, from the newbie YC/BC dork.....we're absolutely unfamiliar w/ the YC, but we decided to stay here our next trip. We had stayed at the GF, but I really have always wanted to stay at either the BC or YC. So my DH gave in for the next trip.

In looking at the layout, it looks like if you're on the farthest side (of the YC for example) it's a hike to walk to Epcot. We're probably going to get a garden view. Can I request 'closer to lobby or closer to SAB' ? Is that something that is even possible? Am I just making too much out of it? Never having been there in person, it's hard to guage from the pictures. (but both resorts just look so good to me!!) I would appreciate any help!!!

We decided on the YC because of the full balconies, but the more I am on this thread, the more it just seems like that doesn't even matter..... that both resorts are just so beautiful. it seems like I can't go wrong with either one, that's for sure.
Request close to lobby.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #983
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Request close to lobby.
Thanks Teena!! And I have to admit, there's a part of me that wants to stay at the BC just because of you!!! and I just might change my mind over these next two obsessive planning years

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 06-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #984
katyj26
Mouseketeer

Any word on the refurbs that are supposed to be happening? I know beach club is supposed to be first and we are looking at Bc for our December trip. Is this going to be an issue?
Been a Disney Lover since birth. First trip to WDW when I was about 2 with my mom and my "fairy" godmother. Gone back every year / every other year ever since! Never going to outgrow WDW! We 3 gals love our Disney trips!

Old 06-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #985
Travellerman
Mouseketeer

On page one there is a picture of a particularly nice looking dessert. Is bar shaped with a custard/pudding looking base, what appears to be cream, and then a chocolate cookie like top, and a raspberry. Where would one find this and is it still on the menu at said restaurant?

ps-is ok to add me to page 1
Old 06-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #986
Beachmomma3
Earning My Ears

This is my first post here. I'm about to make myself crazy trying to decide what is best to list as a room request for our first trip to BC Water view Aug.2-Aug9,2014. I've been researching photos here and on lines. Still unsure. Here's my family history. We have always stayed Poly (4x's) but bc of construction decided it was time to try BC. We are so excited! Me, DH, DS17, DS14,DD12. DS17 uses a wheelchair almost all the time. I was unable to get a handicap accessible rm w the summer disc. They assured they would send up a tub chair and it would work w safety issues bathing. At Poly we always had a ground floor Roll-in either facing beach/lAke/or beautiful flowers. DS17 medication prevents him from being an early riser. Therefore, we always let him sleep in and take turns venturing out in the mornings til he wakes. Therefore, we found the ground fl nice w all the comings and goings. But it seems the best views are top floors if I'm not mistaken? We are welcome to balcony and something new. I'm just not sure. It's so nice to have a great view while relaxing and waiting for him to wake up. Does anyone have any recommendations? Sorry for my ramblings!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #987
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyj26 View Post
Any word on the refurbs that are supposed to be happening? I know beach club is supposed to be first and we are looking at Bc for our December trip. Is this going to be an issue?
I don't have any more details other than what's in post #1 of this thread. But I can say that most likely the refurb will have zero affect on your trip. I have stayed at 4 WDW resorts while refurbs were going on and had no idea they were happening until I either heard CMs talking about it or during the survey when checking out when they asked if it was an issue. Disney is very good at keeping guests away from any areas they are working on.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #988
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
Thanks Teena!! And I have to admit, there's a part of me that wants to stay at the BC just because of you!!! and I just might change my mind over these next two obsessive planning years
It's a short little walk over to the BC lobby to say hi!!! The two years will go fast ... planning is such fun! Especially with our group here!!!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #989
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyj26 View Post
The refurb (if it starts as scheduled) will begin in October on the fifth floor. After the fifth floor, they go to the fourth floor and do a section at a time. As like all Disney resorts, they do it in such a way that you probably won't even know it's going on. The noise part of the rehab is during the hours of 9 to 5 normally and that's when most people are away from the resort. And since it's section by section, it is doubtful you'll see or hear anything at all.

I've stayed at a number of Disney resorts during rehab and it has never been a problem or affected my stay in any manner whatsoever.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #990
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachmomma3 View Post
This is my first post here. I'm about to make myself crazy trying to decide what is best to list as a room request for our first trip to BC Water view Aug.2-Aug9,2014. I've been researching photos here and on lines. Still unsure. Here's my family history. We have always stayed Poly (4x's) but bc of construction decided it was time to try BC. We are so excited! Me, DH, DS17, DS14,DD12. DS17 uses a wheelchair almost all the time. I was unable to get a handicap accessible rm w the summer disc. They assured they would send up a tub chair and it would work w safety issues bathing. At Poly we always had a ground floor Roll-in either facing beach/lAke/or beautiful flowers. DS17 medication prevents him from being an early riser. Therefore, we always let him sleep in and take turns venturing out in the mornings til he wakes. Therefore, we found the ground fl nice w all the comings and goings. But it seems the best views are top floors if I'm not mistaken? We are welcome to balcony and something new. I'm just not sure. It's so nice to have a great view while relaxing and waiting for him to wake up. Does anyone have any recommendations? Sorry for my ramblings!
Since you booked a water view, my only request would be a full balcony since it sounds like you may use one. Only half the rooms have full balconies so by listing this as your one and only request, you have a better chance of getting one. If you list two requests (like high floor and full balcony), there's less chance of you getting both requests met. And even though you request a full balcony, you still might not get one. In that case, if it's really important to you, when you check-in, ask if your room has a full balcony and if they say no ... there was not one available today, tell them it's really important and if there is not one available now, then you would like a room change to a full balcony the next day.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: