Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #451
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg35 View Post
If we are arriving to Beach Club around 12:30 -1:00 and the room isn't ready, can we go to parks, etc and not come back until after 9 and get luggage then?
Yup. You can either pick them up yourselves or call Bell Services from your room and they will bring them up.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #452
amg35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yup. You can either pick them up yourselves or call Bell Services from your room and they will bring them up.
Thanks, we are debating what to do our first day! One plan would keep us from coming back to hotel until finished for the day/night, the other would keep us in the "area" so I can see the room when ready (if I choose)!

I don't know if I'll want to wait until after we are done for the day to see the room, I'm very impatient!

amg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #453
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

We are at 3 months 3 weeks and 1 day!!! Can't wait! I want to see SAB, smell the lovely lobby, and walk to Epcot! I wish we were there now.

I only wish it wasn't during Food and Wine. I may be the only person who doesn't get excited about it. To me it just clogs up WS!

ToyStory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #454
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMaree View Post

Thanks for giving away my secret to saving a table at CHH for my family of 5. Now I'll have to add personal items, such as ketchup and honey mustard packets to make it look like we just stepped away for a bit.
Well! If anyone should happen to chance upon your reserved table, once they get a gander at your fancy schmancy Grey Poupon, Free range Honey mustard and carcinogenic free catsup they will think a nutritionist is lurking about doing a study and beet feet before they become ensnared in a "survey".

Confession: Everyone knows that DawnMaree just has her butler save the table all day. They tried to take him on the Haunted Mansion ride once and he almost didn't make it back, so he has to stay put.

~NM
Old 05-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #455
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to share, tomorrow we fly to Tampa to pick up my grandsons, daughter and son-in-law and then bright and early Saturday morning we will be arriving at the BC. Can't wait to hang around the pool and check out how big a Deluxe CL room actually is. I hear it is huge!!!

Planning on hitting Epcot for 2 FP rides and then the rest of the day is at the Pool! Also excited for our FP for the new Seven Dwarf's Mine Train on Sunday.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
floridagirl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:34 PM   #456
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Well! If anyone should happen to chance upon your reserved table, once they get a gander at your fancy schmancy Grey Poupon, Free range Honey mustard and carcinogenic free catsup they will think a nutritionist is lurking about doing a study and beet feet before they become ensnared in a "survey".

Confession: Everyone knows that DawnMaree just has her butler save the table all day. They tried to take him on the Haunted Mansion ride once and he almost didn't make it back, so he has to stay put.

~NM
NM You always make me smile!!! I REALLY needed the laugh today, so Thanks So Much
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #457
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I had never been able to complete the task of trying to find out if resort guests could use the locker/shower room at the health club after swimming on check out day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Yup! This! (Thanks, Cathy!) 1) Can resort guests use the health club facilities (locker room/shower)? 2) Where are the outdoor lockers at SAB (picture if possible) and location of outdoor showers 3) What kind of yogurt is available in Marketplace. Any Greek?
Consider it done! My family is going to roll their eyes at me if I let them know I'm doing any kind of investigative work so it will have to be a covert operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMaree View Post
Good luck with the cookies. I'm counting on you to let me know!!
Thanks! I'll do my best! Our family might turn into the Weebles family (Weebles wobble but they don't fall down! Except I do fall sometimes but only after imbibing....) with all those cookies, chips and Sweedish fish they serve in the lounge!

Good news! Our daughter who broke her wrist got her cast off this morning! No gymnastics for three more weeks but no restrictions on swimming or going to WDW! Yippee! We are headed out to see orthopedic doctor #2 to see how my other daughter's broken baby toe is healing.

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #458
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

I just had to share good news since it's because of all of you, and your wonderful posts about the YC/BC, that not only have I talked my DH into going back to Disney (no easy task, let me tell you) but it's going to be either the YC or BC for us!!!

I am so excited I want to dance and scream!! Our last trip we were going to stay at the YC, but at the last minute he really wanted the GF again. And it wasn't all that great trip, so he was "Disney Disilliioned". So I've been pricing out what it would be for 2016 (obviously just ball parking) with the current discounts and at first we picked WL, but it's actually just a bit cheaper to stay at YC / BC with a discount. Okay by me! So he said to me today, if you could only go to Disney one last time, where would you stay?

And that sealed the deal. So I am SOOOOOOOO excited to read all of your posts and see all of your pictures and learn as much as I can about both resorts. (and mostly live vicariously through all of you for 2 years till we get to go!) Not sure if it will be YC or BC, but who cares, right??

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #459
coley444
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I had never been able to complete the task of trying to find out if resort guests could use the locker/shower room at the health club after swimming on check out day.
We were able to this past trip leaving on 5/1 at Coronado Springs. We were so gross from the parks that morning and wanted to shower as we wouldn't get home til roughly 1 am following our flight back to NJ. We asked in the lobby to verify even though I was sure we could. The CM said she didn't think so off the bat because technically we weren't guests anymore but I didn't panic. The CM went to ask a manager and came back with a resounding yes. A guest is a guest as much on check in day as check out day IMO.

I'm sure same holds true at YC BC too.
coley444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #460
kgoodb00
Disney Fanatic

So we have finally decided we are going to go back in June of 2015. Our last visit (DH, DS, & DD's first time) we stayed at the BC and absolutely loved it. The room was big enough, the kids loved SAB, and I being by the Boardwalk and EPCOT. I have always wanted to try out every resort, but I find myself leaning more and more towards the BC again! So, after much discussion, it looks like we will be back next June! I can't wait!!!

Me DH DS(13) DD(10)

BCV:07/2005--POP:03/2007--POFQ:03/2011--CBR:04/2012 --BC:06/2013--YC/WL:10/2014

kgoodb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:26 PM   #461
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley444 View Post
We were able to this past trip leaving on 5/1 at Coronado Springs. We were so gross from the parks that morning and wanted to shower as we wouldn't get home til roughly 1 am following our flight back to NJ. We asked in the lobby to verify even though I was sure we could. The CM said she didn't think so off the bat because technically we weren't guests anymore but I didn't panic. The CM went to ask a manager and came back with a resounding yes. A guest is a guest as much on check in day as check out day IMO.

I'm sure same holds true at YC BC too.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

You are entirely correct that you are a guest of the resort until midnight of your checkout day. That policy applies to things like the use of Stormalong Bay (until closing time) and the concierge lounge if you are staying at club level.

Unfortunately, we have heard that there is a new policy at the resort that only spa guests are permitted to use the health club lockers and showers because when it was open to everyone, the place was getting trashed.

So it isn't an issue of guests being able to use it on checkout day, but being able to use it period.

I'm not sure I have heard of anyone actually being denied a request to use the area, but we have been told that is the current policy, which is why we are looking for confirmation.

natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #462
DLo
DIS Veteran

I am at SAB right now. Will see if I can find showers and/or lockers.

Went HS today . Rope drop - straight to rnr - waited about 10 minutes - fp tsmm - starring rolls super crowded so went over to writers stop - which has indoor seating with ac ! Tower of terror w fp then single rider rnr ( about 15 minutes) then lunch at Sci fi. Burger was very good. American idol ( walked in right before it started ) then ended the day with star tours fp. Didn't need it - but they make you pick 3. We still haven't gone for the fourth fast pass yet.

Off to scout SAB . Will report in a little while .
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
DLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:03 PM   #463
DLo
DIS Veteran

Ok found the lockers. Took pics just with my phone just need to figure out how to post them. Also found 2 outdoor showers. Hope you don't want any privacy with those. One shower is by where you get the life vests by lazy river. The other is near the kiddie area / near hurricane Hannah entrance to pool .

The lockers look like to be the size of a high school locker. You input a code ( I have a pic of the lock - oops forgot a pic of the instructions - will get that when I leave SAB ) . They are located in the tall grey structure that is right where the BC /YC meet -( near beaches and cream for another reference )

Hope that helps!
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
DLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:20 PM   #464
Jobelly
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what time the marshmallow roasting will be at the end of November/beginning of December. I need to make our ADRS and don't want to make them too late due to baby but the last time the kids weren't happy about missing out on marshmallows due to rushing off to dinner all the time.
Jobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #465
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo View Post
Ok found the lockers. Took pics just with my phone just need to figure out how to post them. Also found 2 outdoor showers. Hope you don't want any privacy with those. One shower is by where you get the life vests by lazy river. The other is near the kiddie area / near hurricane Hannah entrance to pool .

The lockers look like to be the size of a high school locker. You input a code ( I have a pic of the lock - oops forgot a pic of the instructions - will get that when I leave SAB ) . They are located in the tall grey structure that is right where the BC /YC meet -( near beaches and cream for another reference )

Hope that helps!
No rush on the pictures. If it is easier to wait until you are back home, that is fine. I don't know how to post photos from my phone yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobelly View Post
Does anyone know what time the marshmallow roasting will be at the end of November/beginning of December. I need to make our ADRS and don't want to make them too late due to baby but the last time the kids weren't happy about missing out on marshmallows due to rushing off to dinner all the time.
If you go to the first page of this thread, Post 4 (Activities), there should be a link for past activities schedules. Best bet is to look at the times from previous years.

natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: