Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 06:17 AM   #436
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Good Morning!!!!
We made it POFQ yesterday and now we are packing up and getting ready to head over to our happy place......The Beach Club

We had a nice relaxing day yesterday with swimming and then took a boat ride over to DTD for dinner, Wolfgang Puck Express, yummmm. This was our first stay here at POFQ and we all like it here but we all agree that it's not the Beach Club Can't wait to walk into Epcot this morning!!!!

Old 05-29-2014, 06:30 AM   #437
crazyfordisney2000
DIS Veteran

We just changed our reservations, we are at YC from Aug 20-26 instead of Aug 20-28. We added GF from 26-29, so we get Disney for 1 extra day, YAY!! A lot of firsts for us, first time staying at a Deluxe resort, first split stay, first visit to the dark side, and first time driving instead of flying!! Woohoo! Can't wait!
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2014, 06:37 AM   #438
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 27-30

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlpixie View Post
Hi everyone~ just throwing my Mickey ears into the ring We are staying at the YC in August. This is our 3rd stay at YC/BC and we are "Epcot people" so we're real psyched to be staying back in that area.

Happy planning everyone~~

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzy6 View Post
Looks like you can order it directly from Method... http://methodhome.com/shop/foaming-h...ted-edition-2/

Teena, so glad you're home and recovering! Take it easy!
Thank you for this! I'll add the link to my collection of possible redneck scent solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo View Post
At ak. 9:30 and already rode prime evil whirl and EE. Both walk ons .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo View Post

we hit ak early and got a lot done before 1. rode primevil whirl, everest and kali as walk ons. then fp kali then single rider ee ( with less than 5 minute wait ) then fp safari and fp primevil ( can do with out that ride). lunch at espn then walked/shopped world shoepwcase. dinner at beaches and cream.

tomorrow is hollywood studios.

let me know if you need me to gather any info. got refill mugs - just need to fill with a grey goose slushie !

Thanks for your reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlpixie View Post
I looked on the info page for YC rooms and it states a 4-cup coffee pot with a flat bottomed filter basket. This is still correct yes? It's just a regular pot right? Im bringing my own, so I wanted to make sure.

thanks!

-penny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
No, that is not correct. All the resort rooms at both YC and BC have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines. They make a single cup of coffee using a coffee pod. The pod looks like a flat, round tea bag. The machine will make two single cups at the same time. The BCV studios have the four cup pot, not the resort rooms.

Dee - you might want to change that in your information pages.
WOAH! Sorry about that!!!

Thanks to both of you for pointing that out. I have made the correction to the BC room and YC room info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymomof4 View Post
Melitta makes the pods/ Our Walmart carries them.

Not sure if posting a link is ok or not but here goes: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Melitta-Me...-18ct/20525198
Thanks for the info. This suggestion and link will go into the FAQ post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW4us2006 View Post
So, I just received an email from the BC Club Level IP team, asking for my arrival info and room requests. We are booked for Garden View Club level room in August....does anyone know if any of the rooms that overlook SAB are classified as Garden View? You know, if one or two rooms don't have the best water views they might be classified as GV?? I have stayed in a lagoon view CL room once that was over the pool and I found the noise to be distracting, and would like to overlook the back entrance or the other side. Just not sure if I should even bother requesting that if GV rooms aren't located there.

Anyone know or can make a guess?
Don't know if any GV rooms overlook SAB. If this was my category, I would request a room overlooking the back entrance courtyard. I LOVED the people watching from that view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyc72 View Post
We are going to BC for our 20th anniversary and upgraded to club level after reading all the great reviews. I see there will be construction. We are going from 9/10-9/17. Should I change to Yacht Club or stay at BC? I contacted them and they said they have no dates yet for construction. Any suggestions? We requested a room with a king bed and balcony. Doubt I will get both but its worth a shot.
Since we don't have dates yet, my suggestion is to stay put. If it looks like your dates will be impacted by the refurb work (at that point I think the lounge might be worked on and the alternate, Presidential suite location would be used for the lounge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahcathryn View Post
I'll be staying at the YC in September. I plan on booking a Swedish massage for my boyfriend for his birthday. Any reviews on the salon?

I don't know about the spa. Haven't used it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
BC/YC made this blog for top smells at Disney, and a recommended candle that replicates the scent!

http://www.disneydining.com/top-10-s...9817-305198137
Thank you! I'll add that post to the FAQ/redneck scent solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by neville04 View Post
i wonder if any of the refurbished rooms will be completed when we go - we are arriving oct 29th...

Highly unlikely- work will start on the lounge first, sometime this fall, then the CL rooms. We haven't been given a start date for the construction yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
Good Morning!!!!
We made it POFQ yesterday and now we are packing up and getting ready to head over to our happy place......The Beach Club

We had a nice relaxing day yesterday with swimming and then took a boat ride over to DTD for dinner, Wolfgang Puck Express, yummmm. This was our first stay here at POFQ and we all like it here but we all agree that it's not the Beach Club Can't wait to walk into Epcot this morning!!!!
home!

Last edited by natebenma; 05-30-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:50 AM   #439
DawnMaree
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
I'll see both of you there too, look for me drinking cocktails by the pool haha
Me too! Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by db57me View Post
Great advice on pool hogging. I'm the swimmer, my wife occasionally wades in to cool off. If we find two chairs when we arrive, and I go off to swim while she suns and reads, are we hogging a chair? What about when she does decide to join me? Honestly, we probably only need 1 chair. But we don't want it taken while we are both in the water. So, do we leave something personal, more than a towel, on the chair? It's hard to believe people have the balls (apologies if offended) to hold a chair on the way to a park.
I would assume you would leave something personal there, like flip flops? That is the true way to tell if a chair is 'really' occupied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
To make an analogy, it's like going to the Magic Kingdom early one morning and RUNNING to Columbia Harbor House Quick Service restaurant to throw empty trays on a table that you will not return to until lunch time.

~NM
Thanks for giving away my secret to saving a table at CHH for my family of 5. Now I'll have to add personal items, such as ketchup and honey mustard packets to make it look like we just stepped away for a bit.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:11 AM   #440
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neville04 View Post
i wonder if any of the refurbished rooms will be completed when we go - we are arriving oct 29th...
I'd say not much chance of it unless you are club level and then only if they start 10/1.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:56 AM   #441
catho72
DIS Veteran

We arrive at BC in one week from today!!!!!!!! I. Can't. Wait!!!!!!!! Dee and everyone, I'm willing to do some investigating for you if you need me too. I'm planning on finding out if the bartenders still remember how to make Sunken Treasures, how hot DOES it get at 1pm at SAB, and how many cookies can a family of five eat in 7 days from the CL lounge. ;-)

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 05-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #442
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMaree View Post
I think the pros list is funny. We have only stayed at Yacht Club and are finally going over to the Beach Club next month. It will feel strange, as I always had a special place in my heart for the YC. And the first time we ever stayed deluxe, I cried. Seriously, I was so happy. Ha! That was always one of my "things" about being at the Yacht Club was the bus pickup was first. There were a few times (mostly during early entry MK) that the bus almost filled up, and only a few at the BC were able to get on, leaving a bunch of people unhappy. But I think I also recall the buses were very late for some reason, and everyone was antsy. This was NOT the norm.
We are the opposite - have always stayed at the BC, but I always thought about staying at the YC. I thought it was going to happen on our next trip. Originally there was no availability at the BC when I first booked. So I booked the YC. Then a few weeks ago my TA was able to get us BC for $600 less, so it's back to the BC! I had actually gotten excited to try the YC, but not $600 worth of excited .

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 05-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #443
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
ME picks you up three hours before your plane departs. Missing a flight would be extremely rare but I'm sure it's happened before. We usually arrive at MCO over two hours early for our flight. Don't be scared to use ME.
Agreed! We have never had a problem - it's convenient, easy and free! Three hours usually gets you there with plenty of time to spare. We actually like MCO so we don't mind spending some time there.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 05-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #444
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We arrive at BC in one week from today!!!!!!!! I. Can't. Wait!!!!!!!! Dee and everyone, I'm willing to do some investigating for you if you need me too. I'm planning on finding out if the bartenders still remember how to make Sunken Treasures, how hot DOES it get at 1pm at SAB, and how many cookies can a family of five eat in 7 days from the CL lounge. ;-)
I had never been able to complete the task of trying to find out if resort guests could use the locker/shower room at the health club after swimming on check out day.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 05-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #445
jen3b
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I had never been able to complete the task of trying to find out if resort guests could use the locker/shower room at the health club after swimming on check out day.
Do you know if you are able to use these facilities on check in day? We are driving and would like to check in early in the day (even if our room is not ready) then explore our resort and SAB. We can keep our luggage in the car, but may need a place to change clothes / use restroom? Thank you!
Old 05-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #446
jen3b
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Do you know if you are able to use these facilities on check in day before your room is ready? We are driving and would like to check in early and even if our room is not ready - we can keep our luggage in the car while we explore SAB and the resort, but we may need a place for changing clothes. Thanks!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:18 AM   #447
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen3b View Post
Do you know if you are able to use these facilities on check in day? We are driving and would like to check in early in the day (even if our room is not ready) then explore our resort and SAB. We can keep our luggage in the car, but may need a place to change clothes / use restroom? Thank you!
Yup! This! (Thanks, Cathy!)

1) Can resort guests use the health club facilities (locker room/shower)?
2) Where are the outdoor lockers at SAB (picture if possible) and location of outdoor showers
3) What kind of yogurt is available in Marketplace. Any Greek?

@ jen- you can keep luggage in car or hand it over to bell services if you wish. You can change/use the restroom in the hallway between the BC and YC- it is a nice bathroom. Preferable to the ones at poolside.

I think there are also rest rooms in the lobby, but I can't think of where they are.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #448
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

I think there are also rest rooms in the lobby, but I can't think of where they are.

The rest rooms in the lobby are located on your right hand side as you are walking in the lakeside main door of the BC. They are close to the main elevator. In fact, if you walk into the building using that door on the right, you will be right at the restrooms.

Here is a picture of the entry door. If you look at the lower right corner of the picture, there is an entry door on the far right, at the end of the porch. If you go in those doors, you'll find the restrooms.

There is also a huge bathroom at the quiet pool that you can use to change in if you plan to swim there.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 05-29-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #449
DawnMaree
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Good luck with the cookies. I'm counting on you to let me know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
We are the opposite - have always stayed at the BC, but I always thought about staying at the YC. I thought it was going to happen on our next trip. Originally there was no availability at the BC when I first booked. So I booked the YC. Then a few weeks ago my TA was able to get us BC for $600 less, so it's back to the BC! I had actually gotten excited to try the YC, but not $600 worth of excited .
I think I would have originally stayed YC if there was availability, but we had to go with BC. I am excited about it. And I agree, $600 savings is much better than trying somewhere else.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #450
amg35
DIS Veteran

If we are arriving to Beach Club around 12:30 -1:00 and the room isn't ready, can we go to parks, etc and not come back until after 9 and get luggage then?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: