Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 02:15 AM   #3436
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchfan18 View Post
Just added 3 nights to the beginning of our trip at the YC! We usually stay across crescent lake at the BW, so I'm really excited to try a new resort in the epcot area! We are moving to the BW after 3 nights at YC, if we have bell service take our bags for transfer before heading to the opening of the parks, would they be at the BW for an early afternoon swim?
The bag transfer does not happen until after 3 pm if done by Bell services. This is because your room my not be ready so they only transfer the bags during the hours of official room readiness... if that makes sense...

You can pack a separate bag with your swim suits and ask Bell Services to hold on to it. You can then retrieve it when you are ready and go for that swim. This would necessitate you making a trip with this bag over to the new hotel and asking bell services to hold it.... OR you can retrieve the bag containing the swim suits from the hotel you checked out of and then just go over to the next hotel and get busy with that pool.

Because you are checking out of the Yacht Club and into the Boardwalk you can theoretically use both pools that day.

So....after the slide spits you out you can run over to the Stormalong Bay slide and tell us which is better. That trip from pool to pool would go way better with a refillable mug filled with a frosty Sunken Treasure.

Pro tip: when sliding down the Stormalong Bay slide a hearty Tarzan yell will alert everyone at the pool that you are on your way down. I have been told that the tube amplifies and distributes the sound so that everyone (top and bottom!) can enjoy your enthusiasm as you go down the slide.

~NM
Old 08-25-2014, 08:33 AM   #3437
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 228-230

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohgirl6 View Post
My daughter and her family spent the night in Tallahassee last night and are on the last leg of their road trip today. They will be checking into YC this afternoon. The rest of us fly out early Wed (08/27) to join them.

Can't wait to be at my Happy Place again. We go to WDW fairly frequently but it's been years since we stayed at YC (my fav resort).

I bet there will be lots of DISers there due to the magical travel agency specials and maybe some new friends will be made.

I will be the slightly harried looking Pooh trying to simultaneously play in the sand with my 4 y/o DGS, and sneak in a Sunken Treasure.

Safe travels to all who are checking in/checking out this week
Have a fantastic stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousegear View Post
Of course, Dee.

We are surviving the heat! Yesterday, we took it easy and had DHS morning to get some rise done. We did Toy Story Mania (2), RnR, ToT (2), Star Tours, and Muffet Vision before 11 am and jetted out of the park as it was getting too hot. We took the boat to Epcot to have a lovely lunch at Via Napoli and rested in our room. In the afternoon, the sky opened and rained so much that I had to run into room from our balcony. We had ADR at Flying Fish which was lovely as well and went to attend Villains Unleashed. We met many characters and once again rode Toy Story, Star Tours, ToT and RnR. DS really wanted to buy Villains Unleashed pin for his collection but the line for merchandize was over 1.5 hours and by the time we got to the line, everything was sold out. I felt like the party was somewhat unorganized compared to other parties I attended (such as MNSSHP or Christmas) but we had tons of fun. The fire works at the end was awesome.

It is supposed be our resting/resort day so we got up late and had our breakfast at Kona and Poly is their construction in full swing. I am pretty sure that after construction, it will be awesome but right not, I don't think it's worth it to stay especially with the main pool closure. The breakfast at Kona was lovely as usual and it's another scorcher today. Supposed to feel like over 105!
Thank you so much!!!

Sounds like you are making the most of your stay in spite of the heat.

I have heard that the Villains party was fun, but perhaps not the most well-organized event ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleigh View Post
Enjoying a nice relaxing day here at The Yacht Club. The weather is hot but we are loving every minute of it. Two more days here then we head back to NY and back to school.
Hope the rest of your stay is great!

Not sure if I have welcomed you to the thread, so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
Good news for our family!! We are coming back home Dee can you add us on the BOG list for October 15-27, 2015 please. It is a long time off but I love the planning part, it just makes me happy. We will be staying at the Beach Club Garden view. This trip we will be celebrating our 10year wedding anniversary ( which is in Feb.) and our daughters 9th birthday. If things go right my parents and brother will be joining us for part of the trip also. Let the countdown begin!

I am so excited to hear this!!!

I'll add you and your celebrations to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisvee View Post
Heading back to the Yacht Club for a second visit after a few trips to other resorts. Looking forward to it!

When is your trip? November?

Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Possibly because Dee said we had good bus karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEsther View Post
Of course I would not mind
Thank you so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperandchips View Post
Room 1018 (Garden View) from our August 13-17 stay (Dee, please feel free to add to the rooms/views thread):
Thank you so much for the pictures and detailed description of this room. I will indeed add the pictures to the YC view thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureeevil View Post
Hello all,
I've been a long time lurker on this thread because it is a goldmine of information! I fell in love with the beach club when I saw pictures of SAB and vowed to one day stay here, in march we were fortunate enough to book it and we won the upgrade lottery from standard to club level!!! I was so excited!
So now we just HAVE to come back "home" and whatever Disney's plan was to lure us in sure worked because we chose to book club level this time! It's just so wonderful up there!
I love the smell as you walk in the lobby ahhhh! so calming and beachey!
We used and abused the hot tubs and had beaches and cream every night as a night cap! and don't get me started on the CM's such wonderful people!

I guess what I'm trying to say is I can't wait to go back!

Please add me to the BOG list for Aug 31- Sep 8 2014
(my man and I will be doing a split stay starting off with two nights at the WL CL then to the BC CL)
Ah, you have learned the great upgrade lesson "The first one is free..."

and thanks for coming out of the shadows.

I will put you on the Be Our Guest list.

Last edited by natebenma; 08-27-2014 at 07:46 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #3438
Jaybrad
Old Disney Dude

September 4th

My wife and I will be at the Yacht Club September 4th for a week to celebrate our 46th anniversary. We have reserved a Garden Room. Any room # recommendations? Thanks Much.

254 Days @ WDW since 1973 and still counting. Hope to get 365!!

Don't drink the Beverly!
Old 08-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #3439
amg35
DIS Veteran

Asked this on another thread, but thought I should ask here :

(due to recent reports of crowded MK buses from Beach Club)

If MK is an EMH morning with an 8 am opening and we are at Beach Club bus stop around 6:45 am , chances are pretty good we'll get on first bus that comes? Or should we walk over to Yacht Club to get on bus first?

thanks! 57 days!!
Old 08-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #3440
pureeevil
Earning My Ears

thank you

for the warm welcome! i'm glad to be here!

Old 08-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #3441
Tricia Disney
Earning My Ears

Question Turn Down Service at Beach Club

28 days28 days to go, getting down to the details. How is turn down service at Beach Club? Do I request it at check in? Daily? When and what do they traditionally do?
Old 08-25-2014, 01:09 PM   #3442
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchfan18 View Post
Just added 3 nights to the beginning of our trip at the YC! We usually stay across crescent lake at the BW, so I'm really excited to try a new resort in the epcot area! We are moving to the BW after 3 nights at YC, if we have bell service take our bags for transfer before heading to the opening of the parks, would they be at the BW for an early afternoon swim?
No
Generally bags moved resort to resort are not available until after 3 or usually 4PM

Last edited by Hopefully; 08-25-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #3443
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Movies on the beach was Frozen last night. Really funny , Elsa has just finished the song with The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway, slammed the doors and the heavens opened. Q a hundred people running for cover off the beach.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #3444
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer

I just stayed at the YC over the weekend. After staying at BC last fall, I decided I preferred the rooms at YC. I'd read some reports that they were slightly rundown, but our room was in great shape (not true of our BC room last year), and we had better mousekeeping service at YC. We were in room 3114, I believe it was, and it was a garden view corner room. There was a staircase right beside our room, and when we peeped out the door on the ground level, we could see the umbrella tops at a quiet pool. I went there Saturday afternoon, and it was nice and relaxing. We enjoyed our late breakfast at Cape May Saturday morning - I love their chorizo scrambled eggs, cheese grits, and Mickey waffles with syrup, whipped cream, and chocolate chips! My favorite place for Mickey waffles. Sunday we had an 11:05 ADR at Beaches and Cream, and it was delicious as ever. Since we were there so early, there was no problem getting a booth, and our server, Galina, was quite nice. Stormalong Bay was super fun, of course, and my three year old nephew loved the sandy kids area much more this year, and he spent an hour sliding down the kids slide. Wish we could stay there again in October, but it's to Coronado Springs that trip.

The only slight annoyance was when I left for the Villains Unleashed event a bit after 4 on Saturday afternoon, the clouds were rolling in and it had just announced that boat service would be on hold. I went back up to the room for a poncho and then to the bus stop, and every other possible bus came before the DHS one did (Epcot came twice!), so it was quite a wait. Good thing I went for the poncho because the rain blew all over under the bus stop cover and I would have got soaked without it. Bus service is hit or miss no matter what resort you're at though.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #3445
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

NM - yes Sunken Treasure would make the slide judging experience better. Maybe two would even make it much better!

Rebecca

Old 08-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #3446
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

Just back from BC and our kids are already planning our next stay there!

Loved the location, pool and rooms. Beds and pillows were so comfy. Loved the fact that we could walk into Epcot on a whim.

Thank you for all the advice (especially the tip about taking mug into world showcase to transfer adult beverages into - used this one a few times).

Helen
Old 08-25-2014, 01:32 PM   #3447
Dancing Queen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg35 View Post
Asked this on another thread, but thought I should ask here :

(due to recent reports of crowded MK buses from Beach Club)

If MK is an EMH morning with an 8 am opening and we are at Beach Club bus stop around 6:45 am , chances are pretty good we'll get on first bus that comes? Or should we walk over to Yacht Club to get on bus first?

thanks! 57 days!!
Based on my experience this past week, I would walk to YC. I don't know if that is the norm but that is what I experienced last week.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #3448
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

We are currently here at the beach club and having a lovely time, but my phone charger has stopped working! Anyone know where I can buy one for an iPhone 5?
Old 08-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #3449
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
We are currently here at the beach club and having a lovely time, but my phone charger has stopped working! Anyone know where I can buy one for an iPhone 5?
Check with front desk to see if they have any that they can loan to you (and let us know if that is an option)
Old 08-25-2014, 02:03 PM   #3450
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
page 224-228

Thanks so much for this info. I was not familiar with this option.

Thank you so much for your input! I have a section on Page 2 of this thread that includes comparisons between the YC/BC and other Disney resorts. Would you mind if I put a link to this post there?

Sounds like a fantastic start! Have a magical trip!

Never too late to be added to the Be Our Guest list.

I'll put you on for August. Have a fabulous trip!

Sent from my LG-G2
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: