Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #256
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Good thoughts and prayers heading out to Teena.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #257
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

It's been a while since I checked in with my Beach Club friends. Our plans for the summer are quickly approaching. We'll be arriving in Orlando on Friday, 8/1, and we are going to stay one night at the GF in Sugar Loaf before we head off to our cruise on Saturday morning. We'll be eating dinner at 1900 Park Fair, and we're hoping to get a view of Wishes at the end of the evening.

We'll do breakfast in the lounge, then have a swim before the bus comes to pick us up to take us to Port Canaveral. We have a concierge family room on the Fantasy, and we'll be visiting Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and finally to Castaway Cay.

We disembark on 8/9, and then we are heading over to our favorite Beach Club. We've got one night booked on the club level, and we have one day passes to Epocot. We should be arriving at the resort around 9:30 am or so and plan to head out to the park for the morning. We've got lunch reserved around noon at Beaches and Cream, then we plan to spend the afternoon at Stormalong Bay. We'll head back out to Epcot to have dinner at the Biergarten around 7ish. We'll watch Illuminations and head back to the resort for our final evening before heading home.

The trip starts in 9 weeks, 5 days and 18 hours.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #258
db57me
Mouseketeer

Teena: Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I've had my share of kidney stones!
Old 05-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #259
db57me
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ordered supplies from Amazon and had them delivered to BC for your visit? How does this work? How do you address the shipment?
Old 05-24-2014, 11:00 PM   #260
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by db57me View Post
Has anyone ordered supplies from Amazon and had them delivered to BC for your visit? How does this work? How do you address the shipment?
You can ship to the Beach Club, but be aware that there's an extra charge for fedex or UPS because it's a Conference Center. This post has more information:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=14

Quote:
Can I ship a package to Beach Club or Yacht Club for my stay?

If you ship a package to the resort, Mail by United States Postal Service, not anything else!!! If you mail other than USPS, your items will be shipped to the convention center and the shipping department will charge the recipient a handling charge, based on the weight of your package.

Disney's Beach Club Resort (or Disney's Beach Club Villas)
1800 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

or

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
1700 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Please give to Guest, (name on reservation)
Check-in date 9/1/10 (for example)

Orders from Garden Grocer are delivered to Bell Services at YC or BC, so they are not subject to the resort delivery fee, only the delivery fee charged by the company. You can ask Bell Services to deliver the order to your room when you are there.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:16 AM   #261
DisneyEsther
Earning My Ears

Teena: Hope you have a quick recovery and feel better soon

Beach Club Villas: 09/07/14-09/13/14 My Mom's Birthday Surprise!
Yacht Club Resort: 08/11/13-08/17/13 Celebration for my son's tumors going away, soooo thankful!
Coronado SpringsResort: 12/14/11-12/21/11 First Visit!
Old 05-25-2014, 02:50 AM   #262
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

TeenaGet well soon. Thinking of you
Old 05-25-2014, 05:39 AM   #263
natebenma
DIS Veteran

There was more discussion about water over on the previous thread which got momentarily resurrected:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtripli View Post
Hi Everyone

Please bare with me if this question has been asked many times. I was wondering if the market place sells cases of water. We won't have a car this trip, and when I saw the "upcharge" (double) from gardengrocer I thought we might as well just get a case at the resort if they sell it. I know they sell milk etc. so I thought they might have cases of water?

If so I'll just pack our cereal, buy the milk and water there and avoid having to use the grocery delivery service. I'd appreciate any tips you all might have.
I believe the Marketplace does have cases of water available, at least it is on the listing of items DVC members can preorder:

24 pack of 12 oz Dasani water, $16.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazyX5 View Post
I was wondering about this too. We are flying and I wondered if I could put a case into my checked luggage.
Theoretically you could do that as long as the TSA does not have a restriction on the amount of liquid you can check in a bag (anyone know, someone just looked up the rules on wine), but you do have to be concerned with

1) Baggage fees unless you are using an airline like SW with free baggage allowances

2) Weight limits on your bags, if you are packing other stuff in the same suitcase. Not sure what a case of water weighs, but me thinks, a lot.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:43 AM   #264
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We went to Trail's End from the BC in March. We took the bus to MK and then the boat to FW. The boat brings you close to the restaurant. Give yourself at least an hour or more to get there, since you need to anticipate a 20 minute bus ride and a 20 minute boat ride with time for waiting added in. We love Trail's End but usually only eat breakfast there when we stay at WL. The Captain's Grill at the YC serves a very nice breakfast buffet and it is about the same price as Trail's End. Both restaurants will give a 10% discount for Disney Visa or annual pass holders.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
GREAT reminder!

Someone had mentioned this before our July trip and we did get the 10% discount using our Disney Visa when we ate there for lunch. But I think the discount is only valid for breakfast and lunch, at least at the Captain's Grille, not dinner. Not sure about the AP discount.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:26 AM   #265
db57me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
You can ship to the Beach Club, but be aware that there's an extra charge for fedex or UPS because it's a Conference Center. This post has more information: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=14
Thank you. I'm not sure what Amazon uses, it may vary depending on the product and shipping speed you request. I've looked at the grocery delivery, but we don't need that much. The only thing that I really need to have is Greek yogurt. It's a dietary need. I don't want to waist time searching all over WDW for it. Does anyone know if they sell it at the BC marketplace?
Old 05-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #266
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Some bad news. Teena let me know that she is hospitalized due to more kidney stone trouble. She may be released tomorrow but will not be in the lobby Sunday or Monday as scheduled. She says she will miss everyone who is around. Ill keep you posted on how she is doing.
Hope Teena's better soon!! Thinking of her.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #267
ahilly
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what is the fee that the BC charges to ship/hold a box, since it's a convention resort? I would like to send something as a surprise for the kids but I didn't see what the fee from the resort is. And does anyone know where or how I would pick it up once I check in? Thanks
Disney day trip & Sanibel Island 09/2003 (me, DH & DD-her first trip!)
POP 05/2004 (me, DH, DD, MIL & FIL) & 10/2004 MNSSHP (me, DH, DD & DM)
POP 08/2006 (me, DH, MIL, DD & DS-his first trip!)
Yacht Club Concierge level 11/2007 (me, DH, DD, DS & DM)
POR Alligator Bayou 08/2012 (me, DH, DD, DS & DM)
Old 05-25-2014, 08:58 AM   #268
Ozzygirl
Mouseketeer

Hi all, sad to say I cancelled my YC room for October as the savings at the Dolphin was just a better deal for us . I wish our week was included in the RO discounts but it wasn't so I could try the YC but maybe next time

I can be removed from the Bog list but we will be by for dinner at Capt Grill !!
Old 05-25-2014, 09:17 AM   #269
Amberleefuta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Some bad news. Teena let me know that she is hospitalized due to more kidney stone trouble. She may be released tomorrow but will not be in the lobby Sunday or Monday as scheduled. She says she will miss everyone who is around. Ill keep you posted on how she is doing.
Feel better soon teens!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 05-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #270
Amberleefuta
Mouseketeer

We are checking out today! it has been a wonderful trip. Thanks for all the advice and help.

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: