Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #211
crazymomof4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
They sell protective wine bags that you can put your wine in. IF the bottle should break in your luggage, it will contain the spill so that your luggage remains dry.

Just google "protective wine bags" or something similar and you will see a lot of options. I have gotten one for around $6 and some are reusable.

Have fun with your paper chain countdown.
Thanks!

9 nights. First time in a Deluxe for us!

Last edited by crazymomof4; 05-23-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #212
TPTraveler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
Hi there, hope you are having a great trip! Could you explain this please? Is it just a paper band so that they know you are a YC/BC guest and have permission to swim at the pool?
Yes, they scan your magic band the 1st time you enter the pool area and put on the paper band, which means they know that you are a Yacht/Beach Club guest and you can come and go as many times as you want into the pool area that day.

They do however, change the color of the paper band every day, so you will get a new color for each day to visit the pool.

Yacht Club 2014 Beach Club 2014 * Yacht Club 2013 * Polynesian 2012, 2010, 2008 * Boardwalk Inn 2011, 2006 * Contemporary 2006, 2005 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2003, 2000, 1999, 1998 * Coronado Springs 2002
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #213
Mickey & Minnie Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
page 13-14

Mickey & Minnie Mom- thanks for giving your information and input about scooters. I have a section in the "Other Useful Info Post" about going to Disney with travelers who have limited mobility- would you mind if I added links to your post for people who want more information/reviews?

Alice, you are correct, normally adults are prohibited from wearing costumes in the parks. One exception is during MNSSHP. Perhaps the 24-hours-of Disney day event also has an exception to that rule. Not sure.

Yes, Dee ... please include any information you think others may find helpful. I think I forgot to add when it was time for my mom to check out, all she had to do was leave the scooter with bell services and then Apple picked up from there. Very convenient to work in our schedule versus waiting around a la the cable company.

And from what I have read, today's 24 hr event is an exception to adults wearing costumes in the parks as guests are encouraged to "Rock their Disney Side." Watched the camera set up on Main Street for a few minutes and caught a Belle in her blue dress, a Tink and a couple dressed at Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee entering the Magic Kingdom.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #214
Hawg Pharm
Earning My Ears

Nothing like skimming the Beach Club thread when contemplating a trip (even if it is next year). Glad to see familiar names still posting, especially Teena. Someone brought a Tastykake box into the pharmacy not too long ago and I popped my head up and said, "Teena?" My staff was like, "who???"
6-1980 Off Site
Old 05-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #215
GoGoBeans
Mouseketeer

We're moving over to the Poly for the last night of our trip so we can enjoy a late night at MK and lunch at Kona the next day before catching the ME.

Would the YC CL be able to check us in to Poly? Or if we do online check in, will I have to wait in line at the Poly? It's RO so I've already paid in full and don't need anything except the room.

Planning on hitting DHS in the morning, then heading to MK. Would prefer not to make a Poly pit stop.
BC - 10/11 & YC - 8/14
Old 05-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #216
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Hello All!

I found the new thread!

I just upgraded to YC CL for our July trip. I had the AP package with dining, but cancelled that and moved to CL just because it is cheaper and I always end up with unused credits!!

56 days!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:16 PM   #217
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
Forgot to add, I believe there is a limit of 2 bottles per luggage. Not sure if this is the airline's rules or TSA. I just remember seeing it last year on a website.
From TSA's site:
Carrying Alcohol in Your Checked Baggage
Alcoholic Beverages

Please note, you canít take alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcohol content (140 proof), including 95% grain alcohol and 150 proof rum, in your checked luggage.

You may take up to five liters of alcohol with alcohol content between 24% and 70% per person as checked luggage if itís packaged in a sealable bottle or flask.

Alcoholic beverages with less than 24% alcohol content are not subject to hazardous materials regulations.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...olic-beverages

I tend to buy bottles of wine wherever I am to take home, so I always pack and honestly, have done a terrible job of protecting them. I usually place them in wine carriers and then wrap a garbage bag around them. Never have had an issue yet to teach me a lesson.

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *

Old 05-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #218
db57me
Mouseketeer

I just checked MDE online, not the app. My MagicBands are on their way. Should have them next Wednesday. Yippee! It's getting more and more real. Only 28 days from tomorrow. We are going to Disney World!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #219
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg Pharm View Post
Nothing like skimming the Beach Club thread when contemplating a trip (even if it is next year). Glad to see familiar names still posting, especially Teena. Someone brought a Tastykake box into the pharmacy not too long ago and I popped my head up and said, "Teena?" My staff was like, "who???"
Great to see you here again!!! When will I see you at the BC?
Old 05-23-2014, 09:08 PM   #220
parkhopmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Teena: Hoping to see you for our Thanksgiving trip this year!!! Have to wait until DD does her "traditions" for the college program (she arrives on August 4th!!!) to see if we will be able to get a discounted room at BC and or YC!! I hope BC is available for that. We may do a split stay with WL also! She is so excited about the DCP, her dream (she has been chosen in merchandising) would be to work in the BC gift shop!! Fingers crossed for DH, he loves staying at BC and visiting with you!! P.S. Richard says hello, and he has to admit that the Magic Bands were pretty awesome....but he still hasn't made up his mind on the whole FP+ thing!!!
My daughter did her CP 3 years ago in Merchandise. She got Main Street. It was the best experience of her life. She had a blog while she was there, if your daughter would like to check it out. It's kelly3105c.blogspot.com. (And, yes, the discounts were great!)

Kathy
Old 05-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #221
vwlfan
Mouseketeer

BC Marina?

Anyone know if one can rent watercraft at the BC?

Thanks
Old 05-23-2014, 10:21 PM   #222
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlfan View Post

Thanks
You can rent watercraft at the YC.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 05-24-2014, 05:53 AM   #223
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlfan View Post

Thanks
to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip planned?

Here is the information about the Yacht Club Marina from the Amenities Post (Post 5) on Page 1 of this thread:

Marina

Thanks for the marina photos, heatherbelle and pixarmom!

Marina Prices, February 2013:

"All those Ears" put out
a coupon for 15% off Sammy Duval water sports!

Here's the link: http://allears.net/btp/SammyDuvallAECoupon.htm

The coupon expires 12/31/13

PRINT IT out NOW! AND STASH IT IN YOUR WALLET SO YOU WON'T FORGET TO TAKE IT to the dock!

Boat rentals are available at the marina on the YC side. Boats include Sea Racers, Montauks, and Pontoon Boats. The hours are 10am-5pm.

Guided Fishing Excursions are available daily at 7am, 10am, and 1:30pm. For reservations, please call 407-WDW-BASS.

Fishing Trip Review
Fishing Trip Review

Illuminations cruises are also available for hire. Reservations are strongly suggested and can be booked by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.

Illuminations Cruise Review by eandesmom:
Boat Drinks
Boat Drinks, continued

Illuminations Cruise Review by DisneyKid4Life:
Having a Wild (Christmas) Time, By Land and by... Lagoon?

Here is a review of one of the boat rentals from WDW4us2006 (August 2012)

Boston Whaler Montauk Rental, August 2012

Albatros Treasure Cruise
Little buccaneers sail the high seas to exotic "Ports of Call" along Crescent Lake and EPCOT in search of treasure. Pirates must be ages 4 to 12.

Albatross Treasure Cruise Reviews:

Pirates Cruise Review- At World's End

Nole95, May 2013:
In regards to the Pirate cruise, I highly recommend it. The kids did it on Wednesday morning and had a blast. Even though it poured on them at the beginning of the trip, they did not complain about getting soaked. Since there was no lightning, the trip continued on. The cast members were great and made sure all the kids had fun. Great way for mom and dad to have a couple hours of quiet time in the middle of the trip.

Mmrules:
Last summer I sent my sons ages 4 and 6 on this cruise and it was one of the highlights of the trip!!! The woman "pirates" were awesome! They played the parts well and made boarding the boat very easy for my boys (the 4 year old doesn't socialize easily). They heard the legend of the treasure, docked at Canada in Epcot (while it was empty) and found treasure there. THen they chased the bad pirate on their boats. They also got some "loot" when the cruise was over. It was great and I am going to sign them up again next summer when we go!!! He would love it!!!

Disneymomx7:
My kids and my grandkids have done the Albatross Cruise and LOVED it. My kids like it even better that the Pirate Cruise from the GF and my dgs said it was his favorite part of his Disney trip!!!!

Drmomof3:
My children did it in August, 2010. Jessica was 4 and Nathaniel was 6. There were plenty of "solo" children on the cruise and they both made friends. It was definitely a highlight of the trip for them and it gave me some quality time with my neglected 3rd child (he wasn't old enough).
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=193
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=196
Old 05-24-2014, 06:38 AM   #224
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoBeans View Post
We're moving over to the Poly for the last night of our trip so we can enjoy a late night at MK and lunch at Kona the next day before catching the ME. Would the YC CL be able to check us in to Poly? Or if we do online check in, will I have to wait in line at the Poly? It's RO so I've already paid in full and don't need anything except the room. Planning on hitting DHS in the morning, then heading to MK. Would prefer not to make a Poly pit stop.
You will have to wait on line to check in, but if you do online check-in, the process should go quickly. Are you having your luggage sent over? If so, they won't deliver it to your room without you being there - you will need to call bell services. If it's going to be a late night at MK, it will make more sense to have that all taken care of first. Just take the bus from DHS to poly, check in, get your luggage, and hop on the monorail.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 05-24-2014, 06:42 AM   #225
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Alice, you are correct, normally adults are prohibited from wearing costumes in the parks. One exception is during MNSSHP. Perhaps the 24-hours-of Disney day event also has an exception to that rule. Not sure.
The 24 hour event is another exception, and same rules as the Halloween party apply: eyes must be visible, no signing autographs or posing for pictures with other guests, etc.

I saw a bunch of very creative costumes on my fb newsfeed yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: