Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #196
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymomof4 View Post
We are staying at BC in Sept. We've always driven before, but for this trip we are flying from NJ. I wouldn't mind a glass of wine on the balconey or in my resort mug by the pool.
Question: How does one safely pack a bottle of wine in a piece of checked luggage?

7 days away from making our "100 Day Countdown Paper Chain"!!! woo hoo!
They sell protective wine bags that you can put your wine in. IF the bottle should break in your luggage, it will contain the spill so that your luggage remains dry.

Just google "protective wine bags" or something similar and you will see a lot of options. I have gotten one for around $6 and some are reusable.

Have fun with your paper chain countdown.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 05-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #197
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Forgot to add, I believe there is a limit of 2 bottles per luggage. Not sure if this is the airline's rules or TSA. I just remember seeing it last year on a website.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #198
izzylovesmickey
Earning My Ears

I have had so much fun planning our July trip

at the BC that DH & I are doing a trip for our anniversary in September too! Can you add us to the September list? After much debate (we were considering AKL) we decided to try the YC September 22-26 since we know we will like being in the Epcot area. Can't wait to do F & W and we are splurging on the Wild Africa Trek.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #199
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymomof4 View Post
I have often seen it posted that YC is "cheaper" but when I go on the wdw site the price for YC and BC are the same. What am I missing?
(btw- my family is dead-set on BC for this trip, but for future trips I am interested in what sounds like a way to get better rate at YC)
You are right that the posted prices (rack rate) for YC and BC are the same. But YC will often receive a better discount than BC. The most current room only discount is a good example of this. The BC has a 20% room only discount 8/16/14 to 10/3/14 while the YC has a 30% discount. That is a pretty good savings.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 05-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #200
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

We often do wine on the balcony when staying at YC. While I agree bringing your own works -- I just wanted to mention for those who may not know, or if bringing your own is a hassle, there are some adequate bottles at the YC gift shop at an okay price (really), more choices at Boardwalk gift shop. Same goes for Italy and France in Epcot. (I think at Germany too, but I don't like German wine, so not as familiar.) Some of the Epcot choices are not ridiculously overpriced.

Yet another reason YC/BC rocks: proximity to Epcot as a wine store.

During F&W, the festival center has wine and spirits, some of which are not overpriced.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #201
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
Did you try booking Anna and Elsa for just you (one person) then copying the FPP reservation to all the other in your party?
That's how I got that one. Still couldn't get it for Friday or Saturday.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #202
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Hi! I just booked the YC garden view - for three nights in August. We have stayed at the BC twice and love it there. What can we look forward to at the YC? Any room requests/recommendations? Thanks!
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

Old 05-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #203
maa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat8199 View Post
My plan is to double wrap the wine bottles individually in trash bags and then pack them in the middle of a structured suitcase (ie. rectangular wheeled bag rather than giant duffel bag) surrounded by clothes. I am also considering packing the clothes in garbage bags/giant ziplocks, but will probably be too lazy. We will probably bring 2-3 bottles of wine. I am also planning on packing some bananas in a box in the middle of a duffel bag, as well as english muffins and apples.
We fly bottles of beer and wine frequently! Wrap in a plastic bag (ie Target bag), wrap in a towel or tees, place in center of luggage surrounded on top and bottom with other clothing. Haven't had one break yet (knocking on wood).
Old 05-23-2014, 12:06 AM   #204
Amberleefuta
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! Sorry I have not checked in for a few days but we have been crazy busy! We are going to the 24 hour event tomorrow. During the day I am wearing my evil queen shirt and then at night I am eating my cinderella dress. I am very excited for this!! I'll try to check in a few times tomorrow if I can.

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 05-23-2014, 05:33 AM   #205
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleefuta View Post
then at night I am eating my cinderella dress.

Just a FYI, though I'm not sure of my info:

Isn't there a Disney policy against adults wearing costumes in the parks? Not trying to rain on your parade, just don't want you to face an unhappy surprise at the gates.

Have fun!

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Old 05-23-2014, 07:08 AM   #206
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 13-14

Loving all of the packing tips for adult beverages! I'm going to repost the responses and add a link to the "Packing Tips" section on Page 1.

Mickey & Minnie Mom- thanks for giving your information and input about scooters. I have a section in the "Other Useful Info Post" about going to Disney with travelers who have limited mobility- would you mind if I added links to your post for people who want more information/reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzylovesmickey View Post
at the BC that DH & I are doing a trip for our anniversary in September too! Can you add us to the September list? After much debate (we were considering AKL) we decided to try the YC September 22-26 since we know we will like being in the Epcot area. Can't wait to do F & W and we are splurging on the Wild Africa Trek.
again!

I'll add you onto the list for September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Hi! I just booked the YC garden view - for three nights in August. We have stayed at the BC twice and love it there. What can we look forward to at the YC? Any room requests/recommendations? Thanks!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Is location important to you? (Near lobby/transportation/Stormalong Bay)
Upper or lower floor?

View- Garden view rooms look over something green- a courtyard or woods. Anyone know if any of the YC GV rooms look out onto woods, or are those only BC? A lot of people like the view of the wedding gazebo. Another option is a view of the back entrance (lakeside) entrance to the YC. Really great people-watching with that view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleefuta View Post
Hi everyone! Sorry I have not checked in for a few days but we have been crazy busy! We are going to the 24 hour event tomorrow. During the day I am wearing my evil queen shirt and then at night I am eating my cinderella dress. I am very excited for this!! I'll try to check in a few times tomorrow if I can.

Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post

Isn't there a Disney policy against adults wearing costumes in the parks? Not trying to rain on your parade, just don't want you to face an unhappy surprise at the gates.

Have fun!
Alice, you are correct, normally adults are prohibited from wearing costumes in the parks. One exception is during MNSSHP. Perhaps the 24-hours-of Disney day event also has an exception to that rule. Not sure.

Last edited by natebenma; 05-23-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:31 AM   #207
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Question: How does one safely pack a bottle of wine in a piece of checked luggage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat8199 View Post
My plan is to double wrap the wine bottles individually in trash bags and then pack them in the middle of a structured suitcase (ie. rectangular wheeled bag rather than giant duffel bag) surrounded by clothes. I am also considering packing the clothes in garbage bags/giant ziplocks, but will probably be too lazy. We will probably bring 2-3 bottles of wine.

I am also planning on packing some bananas in a box in the middle of a duffel bag, as well as english muffins and apples.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
They sell protective wine bags that you can put your wine in. IF the bottle should break in your luggage, it will contain the spill so that your luggage remains dry.

Just google "protective wine bags" or something similar and you will see a lot of options. I have gotten one for around $6 and some are reusable.

Have fun with your paper chain countdown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
Forgot to add, I believe there is a limit of 2 bottles per luggage. Not sure if this is the airline's rules or TSA. I just remember seeing it last year on a website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenParr View Post
We often do wine on the balcony when staying at YC. While I agree bringing your own works -- I just wanted to mention for those who may not know, or if bringing your own is a hassle, there are some adequate bottles at the YC gift shop at an okay price (really), more choices at Boardwalk gift shop. Same goes for Italy and France in Epcot. (I think at Germany too, but I don't like German wine, so not as familiar.) Some of the Epcot choices are not ridiculously overpriced.

Yet another reason YC/BC rocks: proximity to Epcot as a wine store.

During F&W, the festival center has wine and spirits, some of which are not overpriced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maa View Post
We fly bottles of beer and wine frequently! Wrap in a plastic bag (ie Target bag), wrap in a towel or tees, place in center of luggage surrounded on top and bottom with other clothing. Haven't had one break yet (knocking on wood).
Old 05-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #208
DawnMaree
Mouseketeer

Yesterday I was marking the 1-month till vacation marker!

We are doing a split stay, first at Art of Animation family suites for 3 nights, then over to the Beach Club for 4 nights.

Dee ~ we will be driving and transporting our own luggage, but I can certainly either ask about luggage transport for split stays or do a test transport.

Last edited by DawnMaree; 05-23-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #209
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I have updated the Be Our Guest list- please take a moment to review your info to make sure I have it listed correctly. Thanks!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list
Old 05-23-2014, 08:11 AM   #210
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post

Have fun!
I've never seen anything written about it but you are correct, I've heard about this policy. To keep the integrity of the characters, except for Halloween party nights, adults are not allowed to wear Disney costumes. I know two women in their early 20's had on Minnie Mouse dresses ... the same kind that Lily wears ... and they told me they were asked to leave Magic Kingdom or change their clothes. Again, I've never seen this in writing anywhere but I've heard about it numerous times.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: