Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #166
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Unless something crazy happens with my COPD, I will be scheduled to work on both those days. Then on June 14th, I'm off on the Disney Fantasy again for a week! I can't wait to see you and the family!!!!!!

I'm so excited. Just got done getting ALL the Fast Passes for when Jeanne and Lily are here and got exactly what I wanted for every day I wanted. Also got all the dining we wanted with the princesses and characters. Now if I could only figure out a way to cool it off a bit while they are here.
Woohoo I bet you are excited for the cruise ! I was able to get FP+ for Anna & Elsa & SDMT myself, so excited !!!! See you real soon. I week from today and we will be Disney World

Lalabubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #167
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Unless something crazy happens with my COPD, I will be scheduled to work on both those days. Then on June 14th, I'm off on the Disney Fantasy again for a week! I can't wait to see you and the family!!!!!! I'm so excited. Just got done getting ALL the Fast Passes for when Jeanne and Lily are here and got exactly what I wanted for every day I wanted. Also got all the dining we wanted with the princesses and characters. Now if I could only figure out a way to cool it off a bit while they are here.
Awesome!!!! Exciting about your cruise!!! :-)
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #168
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
9 days until we are back at the BC Doing my happy dance
Woohoo!!!
Old 05-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #169
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana13 View Post
Hi All,

What a great thread! I am excited to be returning to the YC after a 5 year absence. I feel terrible that my 15 yr old daughter has not been to Disney in 5 years, though I snuck in a trip there by adding days to a business trip couple years back.
We will be at YC from 7/26/14-8/3/14 with my DD and mother/grandmother. My mom has not done Disney with us in over 10 years and I am wondering about how to manage, as she cant walk far and long. She has never used a scooter or other devices, but I know she can't do the parks walking alot anymore with some issues. If we do rent a scooter while in the parks, does this mean it stays with us the whole time? I've never paid any attention to them, whether it's like a mini car, with a key and you park it, or does it come back to the hotel room? It seems Disney rentals are very expensive and I have seen others more reasonable, but we are not sure if a scooter is more of a hassle. She can walk up and down stairs, get on a bus, but it's the long time at parks that's the problem. So is this worth it to use, then she would have to use the scooter on the bus back to hotel, etc?
Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
Diana
Plenty of people will have the scooter answer to your post. I'm going to put forth another concern for your consideration...

Your trip is not unlike one where you have to factor in the considerations of people on the trip with different touring abilities. For instance everyone knows that taking little kids means that you are doing the mornings and are back in the room at night for bed time. (This is generally speaking). Older people often do not have the desire or the stamina to keep on doing Disney after more than a few hours.

So with this in mind you just have to realize that you are on two different touring styles, teen and Grandmom.

I know you are asking about the scooter but I just wanted to let you know that when we tried to take the older generation along on a trip years ago it became a problem where the old timer wanted everyone to stick to his schedule of only 4 hours in the park with 2 spent eating and the rest spent back at the hotel entertaining him unless he was sleeping.

Now I'm not saying that your trip is going to turn out like this but I would like to put forth an idea which may help you be more successful in navigating this teen/ Grandmom trip where more people will be happy...

Consider taking along a friend, possibly another teen so that your Daughter can go and do Disney with her friend while you and Grandmom go off for a couple of hours a day in your Disney vacation direction. You can still do things together depending on how Grandmom is holding up. Meals and mornings are great for that. But When Grandmom gets tired and needs a break Daughter can keep going with her friend and you can decide if you go back to the room with Grandmom or keep going with your daughter or perhaps go off on your own.

Definitely talk to Grandmom and see what she thinks she can manage and try to get an idea of what her expectations are for the trip. We were blindsided when our trip with my father in law turned into a disaster because he felt he was entitled to control everyone's itinerary.

Like I said, I'm not saying that your trip is going to turn out like this. I'm just saying to realize that you are on two different trips, Grandmom and Teen and that you need to plan accordingly. Make sure that both of those factions as well as your own needs are considered and you will have a great trip. Don't assume that any one person has the desire to keep up with anyone else's touring plan. As long as everyone going has reasonable expectations about what the other is able/willing to do then people will understand when it is time for this one to keep going while that one takes a break. It's best that this is talked about and understood before the trip.

So that's just my two cents. Take it with a grain of salt but when ever I see posts about those multi-generational trips I remember the pitfalls that I experienced when we failed to realize the different directions that everyone was going to need to go in. Disney has something for everyone, and it can be overwhelming unless some thought is put into a trip before hand. It's ok to go hard and it's ok to take it easy. As long as everybody understands that and is willing to split up when they need to... things will turn out great!

~NM
Old 05-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #170
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DummbGiRL View Post
Thanks for this... I've spent the last half hour stalking Jackie Miller and her husband's vacay ... and I'm just gonna keep going!

So excited for December 15th!!! When will it get here!?!
I can't find part 8
Old 05-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #171
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

really old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWHereWeeeCome View Post
Sorry, this is kinda but related to my upcoming BC stay so I thought I would ask...

On the old thread someone mentioned that if you place your GG order more than 60 days out you get a discount. I looked on the site and didn't see anything about it. Does anyone have any additional information or OP if you are still out there can you provide some more information.
Thanks!
How old was that thread? I don't recall ever hearing about such a thing. We ordered from Garden Grocer in 2012.

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #172
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
I can't find part 8
Here's part 8:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNBr...0A17968F516E67

And here's her page where she also has one earlier vacay documented: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFj...MtYe4IwRflDmwg

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *

DummbGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #173
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Teena - sounds like a fabulous summer for you!

Our park tickets came today!!!!

First time without APs since 2004. We got the 10 day water park and more park hoppers. If things go well this trip we'll trade up to APs before we go.
Had a few bumps last year so waiting to see before we upgrade.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #174
msdroz
Mouseketeer

I had a dream last night that we got to WDW and they forgot to send us our fast passes. My mind must be really thinking Disney!!!
msdroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:29 PM   #175
ceecee
DIS Veteran

My nephew will be visiting us (they live in Orlando) at the BC for DD's grad party. I know he won't be able to swim at SAB but would he be able to do the quiet pool?
Old 05-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #176
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
How old was that thread? I don't recall ever hearing about such a thing. We ordered from Garden Grocer in 2012.
Here is the original post and my reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJen View Post
Dee thank you for starting the new thread!!! Also heads up to anyone using garden grocer, be sure to order 90 days or more out for 20% discount. I missed it by 5 days but still got 10% off.

Also question, dd has appt at BBB at 8 what time should we catch a bus to MK?
Thanks for that helpful tip!

I would be at the bus stop no later than 7 am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
My nephew will be visiting us (they live in Orlando) at the BC for DD's grad party. I know he won't be able to swim at SAB but would he be able to do the quiet pool?
I don't think there would be a problem with that
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #177
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Congrats!!! It's kind of like Willie Wonka's Golden Ticket, huh??? Were you also able to get the Mine Train? Just curious how difficult that one has been to get!!!
Yes! We had no problem getting the Mine Train! I think our biggest problem with not getting the exact day we wanted for Anna & Elsa was because there are 12 of us. I could any day I put in for a smaller number.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:48 PM   #178
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Yes! We had no problem getting the Mine Train! I think our biggest problem with not getting the exact day we wanted for Anna & Elsa was because there are 12 of us. I could any day I put in for a smaller number.
Search for the smaller number and book it. Then go back in and copy the FP+ plan to the other members.

Trip Reports: I Can Spot Frozen Fireworks Anywhere! 08/2014 ; All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! 05/2014
Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:43 AM   #179
WDWHereWeeeCome
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
Nope it was the one that just closed. It was bugging me so I looked again and found it. (Don't know if it was because I was on a desktop compared to my previous searches on my phone). Anyway, it is a link says order early and save or something like that. More than 60 days is 10% off your subtotal and I think 5% for more than 30 days.

Nine trips and counting......Next up - October 2014 BC!!!
WDWHereWeeeCome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #180
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Oh my! The Be Our Guest list is soooooo long for August.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: