Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #151
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Tell Richard I'm starting to love the FP+ thing!!! I got Anna and Elsa FP+ for Lily for July!!!!!
That is One Hot Item you got for her!!!! So glad you won't have to do the whole "five hours in line" thing!!!!

I'm sure you are counting down the days to play in the parks with her!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #152
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Don't we all dream of working at the BC!

That is so exciting that your daughter gets to participate in the college program. It sounds like such a great thing to be a part of!
She is beyond excited!!! We were actually at Disney World for Mardi Gras this year when she called us to say she was accepted!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #153
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat8199 View Post
This is really disappointing. We love doing 8am ADRs at tusker house before the 9am opening. Taking a taxi would be difficult since we are 7 people including a double stroller. When we stayed at BLT in October we had no problem getting to AK for 8am (we caught the bus around 7:30). Is it just YC that stopped busses before 8am? I don't understand how they could offer ADRs and not the bus service to get to them. We will either have to only eat breakfast at cape May or pick a different resort to stay at.

We also like an 8am ADR for crystal palace. Do they not offer busses to MK before 8am either? I thought if we were waiting for busses around 7:20 it wouldn't be a problem. Boo.
There should, theoretically, be buses for the early character meals at the parks though the PP who is there now said they were discontinued. It seems difficult to imagine they would do such a thing. I prefer a taxi because, as I said, I haven't had good transportation experiences. But I am sure many people do not have my bad luck, you will probably be fine. The good thing is that, especially, the CMs at Tusker house know there are AK transportation issues and will seat you if you arrive late as will most other character breakfasts (only CRT have been sticklers about this, and I am sure it varies among CMs). Have a great trip!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #154
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Teena, will you be in the lobby either Sunday June 1 or Monday June 2? I would like to bring you something from Kentucky, I was thinking bourbon balls or maybe a derby pie :-) Last time we were there you were off so I am hoping to get to meet you this time

Lalabubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #155
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Tell Richard I'm starting to love the FP+ thing!!! I got Anna and Elsa FP+ for Lily for July!!!!!
I was able to get one too! It wasn't for the day I originally wanted but I got one for Sunday, July 20.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:36 AM   #156
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
I was able to get one too! It wasn't for the day I originally wanted but I got one for Sunday, July 20.
Congrats!!! It's kind of like Willie Wonka's Golden Ticket, huh??? Were you also able to get the Mine Train?

Just curious how difficult that one has been to get!!!

Old 05-21-2014, 07:19 AM   #157
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
Teena, will you be in the lobby either Sunday June 1 or Monday June 2? I would like to bring you something from Kentucky, I was thinking bourbon balls or maybe a derby pie :-) Last time we were there you were off so I am hoping to get to meet you this time
Unless something crazy happens with my COPD, I will be scheduled to work on both those days. Then on June 14th, I'm off on the Disney Fantasy again for a week! I can't wait to see you and the family!!!!!!

I'm so excited. Just got done getting ALL the Fast Passes for when Jeanne and Lily are here and got exactly what I wanted for every day I wanted. Also got all the dining we wanted with the princesses and characters. Now if I could only figure out a way to cool it off a bit while they are here.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #158
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

Unless something crazy happens with my COPD, I will be scheduled to work on both those days. Then on June 14th, I'm off on the Disney Fantasy again for a week! I can't wait to see you and the family!!!!!!

I'm so excited. Just got done getting ALL the Fast Passes for when Jeanne and Lily are here and got exactly what I wanted for every day I wanted. Also got all the dining we wanted with the princesses and characters. Now if I could only figure out a way to cool it off a bit while they are here.
So glad you got all you wanted-you can relax now knowing you are sorted for a wonderful time with your favourite girls
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #159
WDWHereWeeeCome
Earning My Ears

Garden Grocer

Sorry, this is kinda but related to my upcoming BC stay so I thought I would ask...

On the old thread someone mentioned that if you place your GG order more than 60 days out you get a discount. I looked on the site and didn't see anything about it. Does anyone have any additional information or OP if you are still out there can you provide some more information.
Thanks!

Nine trips and counting......Next up - October 2014 BC!!!
WDWHereWeeeCome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #160
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineVet View Post
We are here at the YC now and encountered this issue on Monday. We didn't see any boats and since I had developed a blister, we didn't want to walk that morning - its a nice walk but we didn't want to spend the steps. We took a cab and it was $10 with the tip.

We also had an 8 am breakfast at AK on Sunday, and I learned (from the front desk, bell desk and concierge) there is no longer a bus for early ADRs, and the bus doesn't begin to run until an hour before park opening. The last few years I have been here, at different resort hotels, there has always been a 6:30 bus. We drove to AK, but that's something to verify and keep in mind if you have early ADRs elsewhere.
Hmm, we have to be at AK by 8:30 am for a Girl Scout program. When is the earliest bus now?
Old 05-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #161
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv

Hmm, we have to be at AK by 8:30 am for a Girl Scout program. When is the earliest bus now?
Buses start rolling at 6:30AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #162
diana13
Earning My Ears

Hi All,

What a great thread! I am excited to be returning to the YC after a 5 year absence. I feel terrible that my 15 yr old daughter has not been to Disney in 5 years, though I snuck in a trip there by adding days to a business trip couple years back.
We will be at YC from 7/26/14-8/3/14 with my DD and mother/grandmother. My mom has not done Disney with us in over 10 years and I am wondering about how to manage, as she cant walk far and long. She has never used a scooter or other devices, but I know she can't do the parks walking alot anymore with some issues. If we do rent a scooter while in the parks, does this mean it stays with us the whole time? I've never paid any attention to them, whether it's like a mini car, with a key and you park it, or does it come back to the hotel room? It seems Disney rentals are very expensive and I have seen others more reasonable, but we are not sure if a scooter is more of a hassle. She can walk up and down stairs, get on a bus, but it's the long time at parks that's the problem. So is this worth it to use, then she would have to use the scooter on the bus back to hotel, etc?
Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
Diana
diana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #163
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

9 days until we are back at the BC

Doing my happy dance

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
floridagirl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #164
saquin
Mouseketeer

When you rent a scooter from WDW you rent it in the park and only use it in that park. You return it before you leave the park, it doesn't leave the park with you. So this may be a good option for you if your mom is fine with walking to the buses, around the hotel etc. and she just needs it for the long walks around the parks.

If you are going to a second park that day, you hold onto your receipt from your rental at the first park and you don't have to pay for the second scooter at the next park. In other words, it's a daily rental fee but the scooters stay in the parks.

If you needed it for more than just in the parks, you can rent your own scooter from a private company (not Disney) and that would stay with you all the time (onto the bus, at the hotel, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana13 View Post
Hi All,

What a great thread! I am excited to be returning to the YC after a 5 year absence. I feel terrible that my 15 yr old daughter has not been to Disney in 5 years, though I snuck in a trip there by adding days to a business trip couple years back.
We will be at YC from 7/26/14-8/3/14 with my DD and mother/grandmother. My mom has not done Disney with us in over 10 years and I am wondering about how to manage, as she cant walk far and long. She has never used a scooter or other devices, but I know she can't do the parks walking alot anymore with some issues. If we do rent a scooter while in the parks, does this mean it stays with us the whole time? I've never paid any attention to them, whether it's like a mini car, with a key and you park it, or does it come back to the hotel room? It seems Disney rentals are very expensive and I have seen others more reasonable, but we are not sure if a scooter is more of a hassle. She can walk up and down stairs, get on a bus, but it's the long time at parks that's the problem. So is this worth it to use, then she would have to use the scooter on the bus back to hotel, etc?
Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
Diana

March 1978 - Contemporary ... April 1981 - HiQ on I-Drive... April 1985 - Polynesian... November 2007 - Yacht Club... November 2008 - Yacht Club... November 2011 - Beach Club... April 2012 - Beach Club... November 2012 - Beach Club... May 2013 - Beach Club... November 2013 - Beach Club... May 2014 - Beach Club
saquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #165
Amberleefuta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
If anyone is there now, can you tell me if the Mickey Graduation Ears are available?
Yes there are two different styles.

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Amberleefuta is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: