Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #1546
beachmom14
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
I thought about garden grocer but high fees for a small order, and if I ordered the minimum it really doesn't make sense for us to stay club level. It's just discouraging when other resorts have done this with no issue and even no additional cost. We offered to pay whatever extra for its delivery to IPO but no luck.
Don't know if this would help you, but there is a Hess gas station (that sells milk, water, snacks etc) within walking distance. DH walked there a few times last trip, I believe he cut through BW, down their parking lot and it's across the street.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:40 AM   #1547
msdroz
Mouseketeer

Last day here and it was positively perfect! Spent the am at SAB, had a
Treat at beaches and cream then took a nap. Went to MK this evening and repeated our 4 favorite rides (mine train, btmr, pirates and buzz light year). Did the dessert party for wishes and then saw the 11 electrical parade. Really a fantastic way to wrap up our trip!!!!

Until we return again...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2014, 12:51 AM   #1548
Karebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I thought about garden grocer but high fees for a small order, and if I ordered the minimum it really doesn't make sense for us to stay club level. It's just discouraging when other resorts have done this with no issue and even no additional cost. We offered to pay whatever extra for its delivery to IPO but no luck.
Don't know if this will help you or not, but Turner Drugs will deliver water, soda and milk, etc. The delivery charge is $7.50 to the WDW resorts. They have told me that they will do same day delivery service. Maybe if CL can't help you when you get there, then you can call Turner Drugs? Just an idea.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:23 AM   #1549
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
Treat at beaches and cream then took a nap. Went to MK this evening and repeated our 4 favorite rides (mine train, btmr, pirates and buzz light year). Did the dessert party for wishes and then saw the 11 electrical parade. Really a fantastic way to wrap up our trip!!!!

Until we return again...
Glad you had a good time msdroz. And thanks for taking us along .

Old 07-02-2014, 05:47 AM   #1550
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 102-104

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillySallySews View Post
We just returned from our Florida adventures!

*snip*

Next year's trip can't come soon enough!
So glad you had a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
And thank you to two of our regular posters.

Thank you Wood Nymph for all the great, spot on, advice you give posters on this thread. I know you've helped countless numbers of families have better vacations.

And Ninja Mom for, well, being Ninja Mom.......Tube post is one of the best ever!
Just wanted to give this a

I can't tell you how many times I have gone through several pages of this thread and discovered that Wood Nymph has already answered a question someone had.

Much appreciated!!!

PS- That will come in VERY handy in about 10 days...

I also love to read Ninja Mom's posts! They always put a smile on my face and the neck stretches as I end up shaking my head repeatedly count it as part of my workout routine.

Keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMaree View Post
We stayed in a Garden View room on the third floor. Room 3679.
GREAT pictures of the room and your view. I will post a link to this on the BC Rooms FAQ post and on the view thread.

Thank you so much!!!

Quote:

Until we return again...
So glad you ended your trip with a bang! Sounds magical!

Thank you so much for all of your live posts.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:56 AM   #1551
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Reminder- I am trying to put together information about the accommodation for food allergies and dietary intolerances at the resort. If anyone has information or pictures about items that are available- especially at the Marketplace- I would appreciate it.

The recent discussion about milk and milk substitutes at club level has piqued my curiosity about what is available at the Marketplace.

According to the order form I have for the Marketplace for DVC members, Pearl Organic Soy Milk Vanella (sic) is available. (September 2013)

I don't see any other soy or almond milk listed, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Could someone who is going to be there soon please check what is available, and if possible, take pictures.

Thank you!

Dee

Last edited by natebenma; 07-02-2014 at 06:01 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #1552
Elitravelor
Mouseketeer

Allergies at the BC

We are staying at the BC Club level the end of this July. Our daughter has a gluten allergy and cannot drink milk. Two years ago, we also stayed BC club level and we had a great experience everywhere including the BC. I will try my best to report our experience this time. We didn't do much snacking at the Market Place-but there was gluten free options. Many of the GF cupcakes or sweets had chocolate which she doesn't like so she didn't try any. They had Babycakes products.

In the Club Lounge, she was given gluten free muffins (baked for her from the chef at BC/YC) and offered appetizers that could replace something that she really wanted. Usually there were choices that were naturally gluten free-the veggies, the yummy chips, the dip etc. And the CM got her lactaid.

Hopefully, things will be just as good this time! She picked this vacation as her graduation/valedictorian celebration!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:59 AM   #1553
mom2aandp
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have the July movies schedule yet? My kids loved that, just want to tweak up some plans. 13 days!
Thank you!
Old 07-02-2014, 07:06 AM   #1554
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Reminder- I am trying to put together information about the accommodation for food allergies and dietary intolerances at the resort. If anyone has information or pictures about items that are available- especially at the Marketplace- I would appreciate it. The recent discussion about milk and milk substitutes at club level has piqued my curiosity about what is available at the Marketplace. According to the order form I have for the Marketplace for DVC members, Pearl Organic Soy Milk Vanella (sic) is available. (September 2013) I don't see any other soy or almond milk listed, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. Could someone who is going to be there soon please check what is available, and if possible, take pictures. Thank you! Dee
Dee I have link to a disney media PDF that talks soy free options at all of disney...but I'm sure they might have something similar for dairy and gluten allergies as well.
Http://WDW.wdpromedia.com/media/kana/sd/WDW-soyfree.pdf

I can email special diets and see if they have others, since we'll be needing it anyways! Also, when we are there, I'd be happy to find out some allergy options and report back!

Old 07-02-2014, 07:08 AM   #1555
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Dee I have link to a disney media PDF that talks soy free options at all of disney...but I'm sure they might have something similar for dairy and gluten allergies as well. Http://WDW.wdpromedia.com/media/kana/sd/WDW-soyfree.pdf I can email special diets and see if they have others, since we'll be needing it anyways! Also, when we are there, I'd be happy to find out some allergy options and report back!
If you change the end of the link to dairyfree and glutenfree it also shows up! Last update to some are June 2014 being very recent.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:15 AM   #1556
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

My gluten-free experience at the Marketplace mostly consisted of eating naturally gf foods, like scrambled eggs and bacon. I brought a few gf items from home, too, like fruit and nut bars, for breakfast.

We also ate breakfast at the Captain's Grille a couple of times. Even though we had the buffet the chef still made gluten free toast and gf Mickey waffles for me. And he pointed out all the gf options on the buffet. There were a lot of them.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 07-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #1557
GoGoBeans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
And as far as the no inside shower facilities, I understand there are none at the Grand, Poly, Contemporary ... at least that's what I've been told. I personally have no problem with jumping out of the pool, rinsing off the pool water on me with the outdoor shower, grabbing a bunch of clean towels and heading into the handicapped bathroom stall (which is large) and changing my clothes. I can wait until I'm home for a proper shampoo. But like I said before, if it's a deal breaker for you, please, please write a letter to Guest Communications. It will be seen by people not at the Y&B and then it will be sent on to the Y&B.
I think it's just that it changed. What was a nice perk over at YC/BC, is now different, and a perception of less and having to rework some ideas. We purposely booked later flight to be able to enjoy the pool. Just would love to be fresh for the plane ride home. Not a deal breaker, but different.
BC - 10/11 & YC - 8/14
Old 07-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #1558
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aandp View Post
Does anyone have the July movies schedule yet? My kids loved that, just want to tweak up some plans. 13 days!
Thank you!
Thanks for the reminder. I know it is July but I didn't realize it was a new month if you know what I mean! Hopefully I will have a copy of the activities list soon and I will post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitravelor View Post
We are staying at the BC Club level the end of this July. Our daughter has a gluten allergy and cannot drink milk. Two years ago, we also stayed BC club level and we had a great experience everywhere including the BC. I will try my best to report our experience this time. We didn't do much snacking at the Market Place-but there was gluten free options. Many of the GF cupcakes or sweets had chocolate which she doesn't like so she didn't try any. They had Babycakes products.

In the Club Lounge, she was given gluten free muffins (baked for her from the chef at BC/YC) and offered appetizers that could replace something that she really wanted. Usually there were choices that were naturally gluten free-the veggies, the yummy chips, the dip etc. And the CM got her lactaid.

Hopefully, things will be just as good this time! She picked this vacation as her graduation/valedictorian celebration!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for July.

Thanks so much for sharing your past experience and for offering to let us know how the food issues are treated during your upcoming trip. My hope is that the resort and Disney in general is getting BETTER, not worse in dealing with allergies and food intolerances.

Quote:
Dee I have link to a disney media PDF that talks soy free options at all of disney...but I'm sure they might have something similar for dairy and gluten allergies as well.
Http://WDW.wdpromedia.com/media/kana/sd/WDW-soyfree.pdf

I can email special diets and see if they have others, since we'll be needing it anyways! Also, when we are there, I'd be happy to find out some allergy options and report back!
Quote:
If you change the end of the link to dairyfree and glutenfree it also shows up! Last update to some are June 2014 being very recent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
My gluten-free experience at the Marketplace mostly consisted of eating naturally gf foods, like scrambled eggs and bacon. I brought a few gf items from home, too, like fruit and nut bars, for breakfast.

We also ate breakfast at the Captain's Grille a couple of times. Even though we had the buffet the chef still made gluten free toast and gf Mickey waffles for me. And he pointed out all the gf options on the buffet. There were a lot of them.
Thanks to both of you for this information. I'll add this info to the Dining post on Page 1. Wood Nymph, I believe I have added some of your observances there.

I also have mentioned before about a Facebook group, Gluten Free at Disney, created by a DISer who is now part of the Disney College Program. She posts pictures of her gluten free meals from around the World.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #1559
DawnMaree
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Did the dessert party for wishes and then saw the 11 electrical parade. Really a fantastic way to wrap up our trip!!!!

Until we return again...
I have had heard conflicting opinions on whether the Wishes Dessert Party is worth the money. What is your take on it?
Old 07-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #1560
DawnMaree
Mouseketeer

And lookie who I got to meet, again, right before we checked out... (my daughter took the pic, so it's a bit fuzzy)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: