Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #136
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

We will be staying 7 nights at Boardwalk Villas and then moving to the YC CL for 2 nights. We have ROOM only prices. I am an annual passholder, my DH has an 8 day park hopper.

When I check out of the BWV do I have to check in again at the YC CL before I can go to the parks? I'm thinking no, because my DH park hopper is still in effect and I'm the PH.

We can check in anytime, right? The magic bands should still work? I know I won't be able to use SAB until we check in.

I know that the BWV will move our luggage to the YC but will our luggage be held at the YC until we get there or will it be out in our room?
Old 05-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #137
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 DISNEY FAN View Post
Was talking to the welcome greeter guy (sorry forgot his name) dressed in like a white captains suit about the refurb. Saying it was starting in October and everything ( lobby restaurants etc)was getting done. I asked when it would be likely to be completed but he couldn't say. We hope to go back when it's done. Saying that the rooms were nice the only thing that was old was the shower nozzle which was covered in rust. Mouse keeping was really good keeping room nice and clean..
restaurants and lobby. That's an interesting addition to room refurbs.
cgulls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #138
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineVet View Post
We are here at the YC now and encountered this issue on Monday. We didn't see any boats and since I had developed a blister, we didn't want to walk that morning - its a nice walk but we didn't want to spend the steps. We took a cab and it was $10 with the tip.

We also had an 8 am breakfast at AK on Sunday, and I learned (from the front desk, bell desk and concierge) there is no longer a bus for early ADRs, and the bus doesn't begin to run until an hour before park opening. The last few years I have been here, at different resort hotels, there has always been a 6:30 bus. We drove to AK, but that's something to verify and keep in mind if you have early ADRs elsewhere.
Thanks so much for this info! The only other pre-opening breakfast I have is at Crystal Palace and I was planning a taxi to the Contemporary anyway so we can sleep in as late as possible!

We have had so many issues with the early ADRs at Tusker House over the years that we no longer make them. Buses never coming. Driving but having the entrance blocked until exactly 8 am so finishing the meal before rope drop is impossible. Taxi is definitely the way to go!

Hope the rest of your trip is wonderful!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #139
Duck77
Earning My Ears

Hi - we arrive this Friday (yay!). I already completed on-line check in, but we received an email from Itinerary Planning Services at Beach Club asking us to respond with arrival time, room requests, etc. Do I really need to give them this info again? I thought it was a bit odd. I don't want to ignore if its important. We are staying in a Standard room.
Duck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #140
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Teena: Hoping to see you for our Thanksgiving trip this year!!! Have to wait until DD does her "traditions" for the college program (she arrives on August 4th!!!) to see if we will be able to get a discounted room at BC and or YC!! I hope BC is available for that. We may do a split stay with WL also!

She is so excited about the DCP, her dream (she has been chosen in merchandising) would be to work in the BC gift shop!!

Fingers crossed for DH, he loves staying at BC and visiting with you!!

P.S. Richard says hello, and he has to admit that the Magic Bands were pretty awesome....but he still hasn't made up his mind on the whole FP+ thing!!!
Tell Richard I'm starting to love the FP+ thing!!! I got Anna and Elsa FP+ for Lily for July!!!!!
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #141
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
restaurants and lobby. That's an interesting addition to room refurbs.
Not sure which greeter said this. The lobby definitely is getting another rehab but the restaurants aren't on the list that I know of.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #142
ceecee
DIS Veteran

If anyone is there now, can you tell me if the Mickey Graduation Ears are available?
Old 05-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #143
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
We will be staying 7 nights at Boardwalk Villas and then moving to the YC CL for 2 nights. We have ROOM only prices. I am an annual passholder, my DH has an 8 day park hopper. When I check out of the BWV do I have to check in again at the YC CL before I can go to the parks? I'm thinking no, because my DH park hopper is still in effect and I'm the PH. We can check in anytime, right? The magic bands should still work? I know I won't be able to use SAB until we check in. I know that the BWV will move our luggage to the YC but will our luggage be held at the YC until we get there or will it be out in our room?
Your luggage will be held until you check in and they assign the room. I think only the ME will put your bags in your room without calling for them.

Your MBs should work in the parks.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #144
nat8199
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
Thanks so much for this info! The only other pre-opening breakfast I have is at Crystal Palace and I was planning a taxi to the Contemporary anyway so we can sleep in as late as possible! We have had so many issues with the early ADRs at Tusker House over the years that we no longer make them. Buses never coming. Driving but having the entrance blocked until exactly 8 am so finishing the meal before rope drop is impossible. Taxi is definitely the way to go! Hope the rest of your trip is wonderful!
This is really disappointing. We love doing 8am ADRs at tusker house before the 9am opening. Taking a taxi would be difficult since we are 7 people including a double stroller. When we stayed at BLT in October we had no problem getting to AK for 8am (we caught the bus around 7:30). Is it just YC that stopped busses before 8am? I don't understand how they could offer ADRs and not the bus service to get to them. We will either have to only eat breakfast at cape May or pick a different resort to stay at.

We also like an 8am ADR for crystal palace. Do they not offer busses to MK before 8am either? I thought if we were waiting for busses around 7:20 it wouldn't be a problem. Boo.

Too many pre-family to count!

Me - 32 DH - 34 DD - 4 DS - 3 DS - 3
nat8199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #145
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat8199 View Post
This is really disappointing. We love doing 8am ADRs at tusker house before the 9am opening. Taking a taxi would be difficult since we are 7 people including a double stroller. When we stayed at BLT in October we had no problem getting to AK for 8am (we caught the bus around 7:30). Is it just YC that stopped busses before 8am? I don't understand how they could offer ADRs and not the bus service to get to them. We will either have to only eat breakfast at cape May or pick a different resort to stay at. We also like an 8am ADR for crystal palace. Do they not offer busses to MK before 8am either? I thought if we were waiting for busses around 7:20 it wouldn't be a problem. Boo.
I'm not sure about the early ADR busses, but we drove our own car to AK for our early breakfast at Tusker and had no problem getting in early. Also, we took a taxi home from Downtown Disney and there were eight of us and we all fit in one of the large vans that they have. Not sure if that might be an option for you.

bama belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #146
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Teena: Hoping to see you for our Thanksgiving trip this year!!! Have to wait until DD does her "traditions" for the college program (she arrives on August 4th!!!) to see if we will be able to get a discounted room at BC and or YC!! I hope BC is available for that. We may do a split stay with WL also!

She is so excited about the DCP, her dream (she has been chosen in merchandising) would be to work in the BC gift shop!!

Fingers crossed for DH, he loves staying at BC and visiting with you!!

P.S. Richard says hello, and he has to admit that the Magic Bands were pretty awesome....but he still hasn't made up his mind on the whole FP+ thing!!!
Don't we all dream of working at the BC!

That is so exciting that your daughter gets to participate in the college program. It sounds like such a great thing to be a part of!

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #147
nat8199
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
I'm not sure about the early ADR busses, but we drove our own car to AK for our early breakfast at Tusker and had no problem getting in early. Also, we took a taxi home from Downtown Disney and there were eight of us and we all fit in one of the large vans that they have. Not sure if that might be an option for you.
I just realized the kids would need car seats to ride in a van. We will have three still in 5-pt harnesses, though one might graduate to booster by then, and I wasn't planning on bringing any. I figured with The busses from the airport and to the parks we would be set. If busses really don't start running until 8am then we might have to change plans. If we stayed at CR then we could walk to MK. I am off to see if the transportation board has any ideas.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #148
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat8199 View Post
If busses really don't start running until 8am then we might have to change plans.
Buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day for early ADRs.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #149
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfTheWind View Post
Thanks for this... I've spent the last half hour stalking Jackie Miller and her husband's vacay ... and I'm just gonna keep going!

So excited for December 15th!!! When will it get here!?!

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *

DummbGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #150
nat8199
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day for early ADRs.
Yay!!!! Thank you!!! I was scared for a minute there! My three year olds have beaten me to an emotional pulp with their antics the last few days and I don't think I could have taken another disappointment.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: