Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM   #1
staffieri
DIS Veteran

Disney Transportation to the Port

Does any one have any idea of pick up times and how Disney transporation works when your taking it to the port? We are staying at AKL and its a Saturday pick up for August 30th. Also, how longs the ride?
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM   #2
jacobwhite08
Earning My Ears

hello

Is there any update here? I'm also looking forward for the replies
jacobwhite08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Today, 02:54 AM   #3
ozliz
Earning My Ears

I would also like to know more. When I look at the online options it only shows transport from the airport to the port and back but I know that they do it from disney resorts so would love more information to save an international phone call.
ozliz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:00 AM   #4
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Are you planning to take a Disney cruise from Port Canaveral? There is transportation that you can arrange with the cruise line, but I don't think it's free like DME.

If that's the case, I'd suggest posting on the Disney Cruise Line board. The good folks there can tell you all the details.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:20 AM   #5
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffieri View Post
Does any one have any idea of pick up times and how Disney transporation works when your taking it to the port? We are staying at AKL and its a Saturday pick up for August 30th. Also, how longs the ride?
The ride is about an hour.

There's a range of times, and you'll know more the night before. To keep yourself happier, though, don't *expect* to be there any earlier than 2pm. You'll probably be there around 1, but if you expect 2 and are earlier it will be better.

I personally like getting there earlier, so I won't be taking it from WDW resorts anymore; I'll get myself to the airport and take it from there, because those buses start around 9ish, not around 11/12ish.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:22 AM   #6
SillyInventor
Mouseketeer

DCL transportation from WDW resorts to Port Canaveral runs about 10.30-12.00 pickup. Depending on the bus route as it may call at one or two other resorts before or after your pickup. Fare is $35 one-way and the ride is about 75 mins. This is a convenient and very Disney way of transportation, but not a way to arrive early at the port. If you wish to arrive early you should arrange a private transfer or a rental car.
You will find a lot of info on this at the DIS Cruiseline forum.
Enjoy your holiday!
Old Today, 05:06 AM   #7
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyInventor View Post
DCL transportation from WDW resorts to Port Canaveral runs about 10.30-12.00 pickup. Depending on the bus route as it may call at one or two other resorts before or after your pickup. Fare is $35 one-way and the ride is about 75 mins. This is a convenient and very Disney way of transportation, but not a way to arrive early at the port. If you wish to arrive early you should arrange a private transfer or a rental car.
You will find a lot of info on this at the DIS Cruiseline forum.
Enjoy your holiday!
This is what I recall from the last time we used the transportation. I know it is $70 round trip but it makes sense you could price it one way too. We were waiting around for our bus -- think we had a noon pick up. getting to the port around that time is fine for us.

2015March- 6 days AKV-CL spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: