Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2014, 02:04 AM   #1
tndisneyfan
DIS Veteran

Pepper Market

We are staying at Coronada Springs in a couple of weeks. We haven't stayed there in a couple of years. We usually like to go to Pepper Market at least once for lunch. They last time we ate there it had went to a buffet for breakfast and lunch. I was curious what the setup was now. Is it still a buffet or have they went back to the old way. If they did go back is it still the same?
Old 05-13-2014, 07:14 AM   #2
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

We haven't been in a few years as well. I do know the buffet is gone and it is back to the old set-up, but a lot of reviewers are saying the food is not as good as it once was and many of the options are gone. Go over to allearsnet and take a look at the menu to see if your favorites are still there.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #3
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

If you mean back to food stations where you order your food and get your card stamped, then yes.

But there are no longer servers. You get your own drinks. There is no longer any tips or service fee. You will still check out when you leave, which I prefer, nothing worse than standing in line to check out while my food gets cold.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:59 AM   #4
nkereina
Wendy Darling

We were there in November. The buffet set up was only temporary (a trial) and they have since discontinued it. It's now back to the old way where you visit the station you want and they stamp your card. The difference is that they no longer have servers, so now you sit where you want and get your own drinks. On your way out, you hand the cashier your card that was stamped and pay.

We ate there for lunch and it was empty.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #5
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
We were there in November. The buffet set up was only temporary (a trial) and they have since discontinued it. It's now back to the old way where you visit the station you want and they stamp your card. The difference is that they no longer have servers, so now you sit where you want and get your own drinks. On your way out, you hand the cashier your card that was stamped and pay.

We ate there for lunch and it was empty.
So they have done away with the mandatory tip for "failure to provide service"?

(Last time I ate there they showed me to the only clean table in the area and went back to gossiping amoung themselves. They wanted a tip for that??? )

I haven't been back, but if the "tip" is gone I might try it again!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #6
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
So they have done away with the mandatory tip for "failure to provide service"?

(Last time I ate there they showed me to the only clean table in the area and went back to gossiping amoung themselves. They wanted a tip for that??? )

I haven't been back, but if the "tip" is gone I might try it again!
haha yes - thankfully! It's now similar to other food courts in that you seat yourself, throw away your own trash, and get your own drinks from a fountain machine. Only difference is that you still have to get your card stamped at each station you get food from, and then present the cards to the cashier on your way out of the food court (after you eat).
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #7
mikeyg1479
Earning My Ears

It always changes every time I go

In February of 2011 the servers seated you took drink orders and brought those, gave you a blank ticket (with dranks added) to food stands, they stamped it with your food items, and when done you brought the ticket to the register to be rung up.

In March of 2013, it was mostly the same, except the servers were physically taking your finished ticket to the register and ringing you up while you remained seated. (guess they were worried about dining and dashing?)

I'm actually glad the servers are gone- it was one of the more useless tips ever- I refused to leave any more than a dollar or two for a set of drinks (and very seldom follow up for refills without chasing one of them down) and this is after an entire week of eating breakfast there, so the "service" was consistant.

That said, I've always enjoyed the food itself there for a glorified cafeteria. A def step above the All Star resorts/Pop Century food court.
mikeyg1479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #8
ChrisNY2
Mouseketeer

Get ready for another (little) format change! Pepper Market is adding cashier stations near the serving areas so it will be like most other resort quick service restaurants where you pay the cashier on the way to your table.

Resorts so far (trying to stay at all of them!): GF, VGF, BLT, BC, BCV, BW, AKL, CB, CS, POFQ, AS Music, AS Sports, AoA, FW
ChrisNY2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: