Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
LMichelleee
"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -A.D.

Talking "Best Friends For Life, Husband & Wife!" A Disneymoon! *UPDATE 7/2*

HELLO!! And welcome to my trip report,
"Best Friends For Life, Husband & Wife"

As you can tell from the title, this is a Dinseymoon Trip Report!

My new husband and I just got back from an 11 day trip! During that trip, we spent 6 days at Disney World and 4 1/2 days at Universal Studios. If you are coming over from my pre trip report, DISNEYMOON PTR, WELCOME! If you are a new reader, WELCOME! You can find the PTR to this trip HERE, or, you can be surprised and read along!

ABOUT US

My name is L and my hubby is B. We are both in our mid-twenties and have been together for about 7 years now. We were married early April and decided to wait until after Easter to go on our honeymoon and we are so glad we did! I definitely needed the extra 2 weeks to unwind and finalize some plans for Disney!

L
FAVORITE PARK: Magic Kingdom
FAVORITE RIDE: Space Mountain/People Mover
FAVORITE MOVIE: Tangled!! Also Frozen & The Little Mermaid
FAVORITE CHARACTER: Rapunzel & Eugene
FAVORITE PARADE: Festival of Fantasy
FAVORITE RESTAURANT: Lunch at Be our Guest

B
FAVORITE PARK: Magic Kingdom
FAVORITE RIDE: Space Mountain/People Mover/Splash Mountain
FAVORITE MOVIE: POTC, Bolt
FAVORITE CHARACTER: Pluto
FAVORITE PARADE: Electrical Parade
FAVORITE RESTAURANT: Lunch at Be our Guest

The Disney portion of our trip was from April 25th-May 1st and we stayed at Coronado Springs. Because it was a honeymoon we didnít want to stay at a value, and since we were planning an extra 4 days at Universal we opted to not do a deluxe. While researching moderates I immediately fell in love with Coronado! The price was amazing (thanks PIN code!), and it had really good proximity to all the parks. I also really loved the room design. One thing I found when looking at other rooms was that they seemedÖ too themed? Again, since itís a honeymoon I wanted a more adult friendly room. The only other one I considered was Port Orleans- French Quarter or the Royal Rooms at Port Orleans- Riverside. Unfortunately, I found the royal rooms awhile after I already made our reservation; otherwise that is probably where we would have stayed! Theyíre so cute! I am still really happy with our choice. The busses were fast and never crowded, and I noticed Port Orleans were always pretty full.

We decided to not to the DDP. I TRIED to make it work, but just couldnít. I even went through all the menus of the places we made ADRs at and picked the most expensive items and we only came ahead one day. I also used the DDP calculator I found here on DisBoards and that said we were better off not getting it. We are not big eaters, we usually donít eat big breakfasts, we tend to split meals, typically donít order a lot of soda, snacks, apps, or desserts. It just would have been way too much food that would be wasted. But donít let that deter you, we still ate at all the Table Service restaurants that we wanted to!

I'm working on the first post now, stay tuned!

INSTAGRAM: lmichelleee | TWITTER: laurenlovescats

ME: DH: LITTLE "ELLE":

WALT DISNEY WORLD & UNIVERSAL STUDIOS ORLANDO PASSHOLDER!

10/12 Universal Trip Report

Last edited by LMichelleee; 07-02-2014 at 09:49 PM.
LMichelleee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
LMichelleee
"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -A.D.

CHAPTERS

Day 1, Friday, April 25th

Day 2, Saturday, April 26th

Day 3, Sunday, April 27th

Last edited by LMichelleee; 07-02-2014 at 09:57 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

First off, congratulations!

Second, joining! Hope it was everything you were hoping for! Specifically thinking the honeymoon, but also applies to the wedding, marriage, etc.

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
DisneyPride072308
Earning My Ears

Yay! Congrats on your wedding and Disneymoon! Following along Seems like you guys had a great time!

'98 to '99 DLR/ '00 DLR/ '03 DLR/ '09 DLR 1st Anniversary and grad trip/ '12 First WDW Trip POFQ/ May '14 Second WDW Trip OKW
DisneyPride072308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:08 PM   #5
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Congrats! Looking forward to reading more!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
stackyallred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:52 AM   #6
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Following along!! Excited to read about your Disneymoon! Congrats on your marriage!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #7
BOG Obsessed
Foodie & Disney Lover= Pure Bliss

Subbing....Loved the title! Can't wait to read your TR.
BOG Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #8
KelleyK75
DIS Veteran

Loved your PTR and jumping in here. Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Sept 2010 - CBR

March 2014 - POR

Next trip....Hoping for a few days in Feb. 2015 and planning birthday trip Dec 2015. And hopefully one sooner.

Setting goal to run the Princess Half Marathon, 2016.
KelleyK75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #9
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #10
kristenabelle
Earning My Ears

following! :D

AP/DCP alum/D23/DVC newbie (2013!)
Enjoying adventures in the great, wide, somewhere for 25 years!

Upcoming:
- August 2014 @ BWV - Welcome Home! - November 2014 (DL) - D23 TWDS Tour and Haunted Mansion Holiday! - February 2015 - Baby's First Princess Half!- August 2015 (DL) - Expo 2015!!
kristenabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #11
esquared221
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to see how it went!
WDW-POP Century, Bonnet Creek 10/12
WDL- 11/13
WDW, US- Wilderness Lodge Villas and Leows Royal Pacific 5/14

My TR: I've got a dream... of a Disney trip where I dont get sick! *May 2-11 2014*
esquared221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #12
bellesBFF
Mouseketeer

congrats!! joining in

May 2015 @ POP!
bellesBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:32 PM   #13
LMichelleee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
First off, congratulations!

Second, joining! Hope it was everything you were hoping for! Specifically thinking the honeymoon, but also applies to the wedding, marriage, etc.
Yay, WELCOME!! And thank you! Everything was so wonderful and we are really enjoying our new life together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPride072308 View Post
Yay! Congrats on your wedding and Disneymoon! Following along Seems like you guys had a great time!
WELCOME!!! Thank you so much! We really did, I am so excited to relive it all through this report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackyallred View Post
Congrats! Looking forward to reading more!
WELCOME!! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Following along!! Excited to read about your Disneymoon! Congrats on your marriage!
WELCOME!! Thanks so much!! I am really excited to do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOG Obsessed View Post
Subbing....Loved the title! Can't wait to read your TR.
WELCOME! Thanks! It was a quote I read somewhere! We have always said we're definitely each others best friend, for life! It was just too perfect and we kept saying throughout the entire honeymoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyK75 View Post
Loved your PTR and jumping in here. Can't wait to hear about your trip.
YAY!! You're here! WELCOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Following along!
WELCOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenabelle View Post
following! :D
WELCOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquared221 View Post
Can't wait to see how it went!
YAY! You're here too!!! WELCOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellesBFF View Post
congrats!! joining in
Thank you so much! WELCOME!!

Old 05-14-2014, 12:27 AM   #14
LMichelleee

DAY 1, FRIDAY, APRIL 25TH

"We're going to Disney World today!"

Our flight didnít leave until 5pm so I had some time during the day to get last minute things done, like finish packing! There were also some things I kept putting off purchasing because I had so much time until we left. I was SO annoyed with myself! One other huge thing we had to get done before we left was file our marriage license because it would expire during our trip. Yep, kind of a big deal.

MY SWEET GIRL! And packing buddy!

I got my errands done and then went to my friends house. I had to hand over my key so she could check on kitty and she was also going to cut my hair and do my nails for the trip! She's a pretty amazing friend! I mean, I had to look pretty for the princesses!!

B came home around noon and we finished up packing, grabbed our marriage license, said goodbye to our kitty, and were out the door by 2! WE WERE ON OUR WAY TO DISNEY!

We got to the country clerk and were immediately seen, thank goodness! The marriage license was filed and everything is official! YAY!!!!

We started getting hungry but didn't want to get stuck eating at the airport. Our airport is pretty small, like no Starbucks small, and offers mostly local chain restaurants and coffee. Definitely not a terrible thing, but also not cheap! B remembered that In N Out burger recently opened up a couple of locations and we decided to drop by and check it out. We have both been before but it had been years since I last went! We really enjoyed it! We have an all-natural burger place right next to us and agreed we liked it better over In N Out, but if we ended up on that side of town we would definitely go back!

We made it to the airport and I started getting SO excited!! We flew Southwest because I needed my 2 free checked bags. Since we were using Magcial Express we didnít get a grocery stop, so we packed a lot of food in a suitcase, like beef jerky sticks, applesauce pouches (not just for kids!), crackers and some pretzel chips. Not only is it a great money saver, but I have some serious stomach/digestive issues and it's just nice knowing I have food I know my stomach can handle.

We boarded our flight a little bit before 5 and took off early! The best! I spent my time on the flight listening to the Frozen & Tangled soundtrack and doing some research using my Unofficial Guide. Love. That. Book.

We arrived in Orlando about 8:10...

HI MCO!!!!

...and made our way to Magical Express!

We were a bit nervous about the luggage but figured I hadnít heard any stories of lost/mixed up luggage so we had decided to go ahead and do it.
We got a really cute Magical Express bus, but I wasnít able to get any cute pictures because it was SO dark outside! We also didnít get the welcome gates either! I didn't care though, I WAS ON DISNEY PROPERTY AND WAS JUST SO HAPPY!!!

I looked around and noticed there were a bunch of us on the bus, so I told B to get to check in, fast! It helped since we didnít have our luggage and mostly everyone else did. We were first in line for check in and a minute later I looked back and the line was really long. There were only 2 cast members handling check ins and it was not a quick process! But that might be because someone may or may not have, but definitely did, maybe forget to do online check in...?? Oops! It definitely snuck up on me!

The woman helping us was so nice! She congratulated us and handed us our Happily Ever After buttons along with a voucher for a complimentary champagne toast. How sweet!

We grabbed some park maps and made our way to Cabanas 8A. My only request was to be next to a bus stop. Since we werenít on DDP and didnít get mugs, we didn't care how close or far we were from the main building. We did end up right next to The Dig Site and I was worried itíd be super loud, but we actually never heard anything.

We found our room and noticed our view was the woods. Not the best, but it sure beats a parking lot! What does kind of irritate me is that king bed rooms were $20+ more per night and I don't get why? We tested our Magic Bands and at first it didnít work and I was so worried we were going to have to walk all the way back, but we tried a few more times and it finally worked! Whew!

We walked in and I was so excited! It was so cute, I loved it! B really liked it too, he said I did such a great job picking the resort out. Thanks, babe!

I immediately started exploring and taking all sorts of pictures!

We were both really exhausted after such a long day so I turned on Stacey while we were waiting for our luggage to get here!

I noticed a bunch of cheerleading teams get on buses before we did (another reason I am so glad we didn't pick a value!) and I guess all their luggage maybe slowed the rest of ours down because we checked in around 9:30 and it didn't arrive until after 1. I've read it can take a couple of hours for it to arrive, and it wouldn't have been such a big deal if we could have gone to DTD or had an ADR, but we were just stuck. After that experience I donít think I will ever use Magical Express for luggage that late at night again. It just wasn't worth it.

We unpacked and set our alarm so we could be up nice and early for Magic Kingdom!

Last edited by LMichelleee; 05-20-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:44 AM   #15
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

I love the subtle Mickey heads on the bed runners! Just a touch of Disney while still looking grown up. Someday I would love to head over to CSR and explore!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
stackyallred is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: