Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
jaymar
Earning My Ears

stingray snorkleing on CC

My kids (both teens) dont have much snorkeling experience. Do we want to spend some time snorkeling first and then do the stingray adventure or just get to stingrays early. I've been told the earlier the better for visibility.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

From what I remember, the stingray enclosure on CC isn't that big. You first do the encounter(feeding, etc.) and then you have time to snorkel with the stingrays in a roped off area. IMO, snorkeling with the stingrays is much like snorkeling at the family beach--you decide how far out you go. For most of the stingray area, the water isn't that deep(I'm 5'4'' and I could stand on the bottom without the water reaching my neck in most of the stingray area). The stingrays mostly swim around you and you can just watch them if you prefer(I did both).
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:39 PM   #3
belac
I like fluffy!

We feel that the stingrays are probably best first thing. We did CC stingrays the first session and it seemed they were fully engaged. I guess that may be due to the fact it was breakfast time for them and we were feeding them breakfast. They were all around us even after the feeding session.

We did stingrays in the afternoon at another park type excursion and stingrays were noticeably not interested, they probably had their fill of food at breakfast and lunch.

Another reason to do it first was to get it done so that we could have the rest of day to unfold naturally.

But it depends on you, your plans, and schedule.

OFF TO NEVERLAND..............
belac is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: