Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #16
allbrobower
Earning My Ears

We were on your same cruise as well. We were also extremely disappointed with the quality of food in The main dining room during the week. Our servers were also terrible so that made it worse. They had absolutely no personality or sense of humor. During past cruises, we got so close with our wait staff- I cried on our last night of the cruise. Definitely not this time! The shows were also disappointing - especially Wishes. We did love Buckets N boards. In St. Thomas, we did the catamaran sea Safari and snorkel and loved it - had an awesome time!! Highly recommend that excursion! My girls loved both the Oceaneer club and lab and Edge. The youth CMs were great! Our room attendant , Chitro, also did a great job! Our main disappointments were around our main dining room experience and crowds. The pools were always overflowing. Character lines were also always long.
allbrobower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #17
ldymcbth
Mom of 2

I was remiss in not mentioning Buckets and Boards - they were awesome! My kids even loved them, and they are tough cookies.

My kids had a great time in the clubs, as well, and I loved the new magic bands so that when I picked up the kids they could tell me exactly where to look for my kids - sure beats randomly circling around looking for them!
*WDW (AoA) - late Aug 2014
*DLR - fall 2014
ldymcbth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #18
MC0810
Mouseketeer

we are sailing on the fantasy this time next year..enjoyed reading these reviews.

whats up with disney cruise and the below average food? We felt the same way on our Magic cruise 2 years ago. Carnival, RCCL and Princess all had better food than Disney.

Sucks about the rude people..I cant believe they were leaving nasty messages on your dry erase board. Boy have times changed...when I was a child I would have gotten a butt spanking if I knocked into someone going up the stairs and didnt apologize...so your telling me a father got offended that you corrected his child? How sad.

I am really looking forward to the midship detective game!

Our cabin is 9652 and will also open up to the stairs/elevator..glad the noise wasnt a big deal for you!
May 2012 ~ DCL Magic
May 2013 ~ AOA
Oct 2013 ~ POP
May 2014 ~ POP
Oct 2014~ MNSSHP
May 2015 ~ DCL Fantasy-Western
MC0810 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #19
hezzie
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We were on the Fantasy the previous week and found the same issues with the dining rooms. Service was not terrible, but not even close to previous cruises. Sitting with empty water glasses for any period of time is unacceptable!

We commented to our server and made it clear to our head server that we were not happy. Things did improve, but then we had the head server stalking us the remaining evenings, sneaking up and whispering in our ears.

Kids running up and down the halls at all hours was an issue as well. We never actually saw any kids running, but clearly heard them.

Also, very disappointed in overall customer service on the ship this time. Spent three days trying to get our room keys working properly and staff did not seemed concerned that it took 12 trips to guest service bc we were locked out of our room!

Not to scare future cruisers, just be sure to speak up and make your thoughts known. We pay more for Disney cruises and have cruised enough to know how good they can be.

2014: April - BWV, DCL Fantasy (7nights), BLT / 2013: April - BLT, DCL Fantasy (7 nights), BWV / 2012: April - BWV, DCL Magic (5 Nights) / 2011: Oct - BWV, MNSSHP, FWF / 2011: Apr - BWV, DREAM B2B, BLT / 2010: Apr - Vero, DCL (4 Night), BWV / 2009: Sep - DCL (7 Night - 15 yr Anniversary Cruise) / 2009: Apr - BWV, DCL (3 Nights), SSR / 2008: Nov - BWV (5 Nights) / 2008: Apr - BCV, DCL (4 Nights) and BWV / 2007: Oct - Vero Beach / 2007: Apr - BWV, DCL (3 Nights) and BCV / 2006: Nov - BWV / 2006: Apr - DCL (4 Night) and BWV / 2005: Sep - BWV / 2005: Apr - BWV, DCL (3 Night) and BCV / 2004: Dec - BWV / 2004: May - OKW (10 yr "early" Anniversary) / 2003: Sep- BCV / 2002: Oct - BCV (Kids first trip, ages 3 and 5) / 1996: May - Grand Floridian / 1994: Aug - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
hezzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: