Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
pontikes67
Overplanner Underposter

How MUCH time...

to allow:

We are coming off The Fantasy and heading to the parks for 3 or 4 days (I know it's backwards, but it's 1/3-7/2015, so crowds should be favorable.)

It appears we will Disembark about 7ish. Just wondering how much time will it take to disembark and transfer to BLT.

Can someone give me a rundown of the procedure for disembarking, customs etc before being able to access Disney transportation. I'm assuming the bus ride is 60-90 minutes??

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontikes67 View Post
to allow:

We are coming off The Fantasy and heading to the parks for 3 or 4 days (I know it's backwards, but it's 1/3-7/2015, so crowds should be favorable.)

It appears we will Disembark about 7ish. Just wondering how much time will it take to disembark and transfer to BLT.

Can someone give me a rundown of the procedure for disembarking, customs etc before being able to access Disney transportation. I'm assuming the bus ride is 60-90 minutes??

Thanks!
Buses start leaving about 8:00 ish to the parks. Ride is about an hour or so. Do not know if your bus will stop at another resort before BLT.

Basically you can walk off with your bags (don't put them in the hall the night before). You will have to wait until the ship is cleared for debarkation. Many people line up before then to make sure they get off early. You will then walk your bags off once the ship is cleared (anytime between 7-7:30 ish). You will have to wait until the ship is cleared for debarkation. Many people line up before then to make sure they get off early. Walk you bags through customs with or without a porter and then make your way out of the terminal and to your bus (there will be a CM to direct you to the correct bus).

Or, you can put your bags out in the hall and have Disney put them in the terminal. In that case you would claim your bags in the luggage hall, proceed through customs and then head to the bus.

If you want to leave early I would suggest skipping MDR breakfast and just grab something from the buffet in Cabanas.

BTW...there is no right or wrong way of doing WDW/cruise or cruise/WDW. People do what works best for them.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
NWmom
DIS Veteran

I have seen the transfers there by 10 am, do not rush as you can't check in for a while and they will hold your luggage.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #4
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

When we took DCL transfers from port to WDW, we were checked in and sitting poolside by 9:30am. We were the first resort stop, so it might have been a little later if we'd been 2nd or 3rd resort stop. We also did not rush off the ship, ate MDR first seating breakfast.

WDW resorts allow check-in anytime after 6am. It is correct they will hold your luggage if your room is not ready.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: