Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
travln1234
Earning My Ears

Waiting on Passport

So, my mom chose to travel with us fairly late in the game and ordered her passport just before tax day. First, I'm hoping it gets here on time! I told her to put a rush on it, but she didn't. Second, I had to create a passport number to enter into the online registration to get our boarding time.

Does anyone know what happens if we get her passport after the deadline to enter information online? That number won't match her real number. But she should have her passport when we get to the port. (Yes, we do realize she can't go if she doesn't get her passport.)

Beginning to get nervous here!
2005 Coral Princess, Alaska Southbound & Pre-Cruise Cruisetour
2014 Disney Wonder, Alaska: RT Vancouver
Disney Wonder Alaska Vacation Blog: travln1.blogspot.com
travln1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travln1234 View Post
So, my mom chose to travel with us fairly late in the game and ordered her passport just before tax day. First, I'm hoping it gets here on time! I told her to put a rush on it, but she didn't. Second, I had to create a passport number to enter into the online registration to get our boarding time.

Does anyone know what happens if we get her passport after the deadline to enter information online? That number won't match her real number. But she should have her passport when we get to the port. (Yes, we do realize she can't go if she doesn't get her passport.)

You can edit any information on your check in up until 3 days prior to your cruise. OR you can just wait and fix it when you check in at the port.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #3
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

I just renewed mine and turnaround was 17 days

you do know that you can check the status of the application on line right?

http://travel.state.gov/content/pass...on-status.html

The status of your application should be available online 5-7 days after applying.

For your convenience, you can sign up to receive automatic updates by email on the status of your application. To register for this service, select the “Check Application Status” below and enter your email address after locating your pending application.

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #4
Made Up Name
Mouseketeer

Quote:

When is your cruise? From what I can tell the State Department has improved their turnaround time on passports in the past 6 years.
Made Up Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #5
muse7mom
Mouseketeer

I ordered my passport in December of 2012 and it took only 2 weeks for me to get it.

We went to file for DH and DD's passports back in March of this year and the website still says "processing." I have no idea what is taking so long! I didn't think it would take so long based on my experience.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #6
midwestpat
Mouseketeer

We applied for DD passport Feb 8 and received it the first of April.

What date is your cruise?
WDW Villas @ Wilderness Lodge 2007 & 2013;
WDW Fort Wilderness 2010;
DCL Wonder to Alaska 2012 & 2014
midwestpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse7mom View Post
I ordered my passport in December of 2012 and it took only 2 weeks for me to get it.

We went to file for DH and DD's passports back in March of this year and the website still says "processing." I have no idea what is taking so long! I didn't think it would take so long based on my experience.
I would contact them about DH and DD's.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #8
Pooh001
Mouseketeer

Just got off the Disney Dream today - didnt need a passport. Only had to show birth certificate and State ID. It was only a3 day cruise - hope that helps
Pooh001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #9
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh001 View Post
Just got off the Disney Dream today - didnt need a passport. Only had to show birth certificate and State ID. It was only a3 day cruise - hope that helps
It depends on where the cruise is going. The Magic will be in Europe this summer and the passengers won't be able to get there without a passport.

The Wonder will be soon be in Alaska. Anyone flying from the states into Vancouver where the cruise embarks will need a passport to board the plane.

Everyone currently on the Wonder Panama Canal cruise had to have a passport or they would have been denied boarding.

When the Dream and the Fantasy cruise out of Port Canaveral and return to Port Canaveral they don't require passports.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #10
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh001 View Post
OP is taking an Alaskan cruise. If they are flying to Vancouver, everyone needs a passport.

Also, birth certificate must be submitted with passport application. It's possible the person waiting for the passport to be issued doesn't have a spare copy.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #11
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

We "renewed" (child = new application) DD's Passport card last month and received the new one in 2 weeks.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #12
megashry
Earning My Ears

My sister just got her kids passports in the mail in 3 weeks and a couple days.
megashry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #13
travln1234
Earning My Ears

Thanks, all. I did not know you could check the status of an application. I will tell my mom. It is an Alaskan cruise and we fly into Vancouver, so a passport is needed. I renewed my and my DD's passports late 2013 and got them back fairly quickly. I'm guessing there's more to process right now with the upcoming vacation season. It's a renewal.

Good to know we can adjust the number at the port if need be. That's a relief!

ETA: checked online and it's in the mail! Woohoo!! About 5 weeks for processing, for those who might also be waiting.
2005 Coral Princess, Alaska Southbound & Pre-Cruise Cruisetour
2014 Disney Wonder, Alaska: RT Vancouver
Disney Wonder Alaska Vacation Blog: travln1.blogspot.com
travln1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:40 AM   #14
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Thanks, all. I did not know you could check the status of an application. I will tell my mom. It is an Alaskan cruise and we fly into Vancouver, so a passport is needed. I renewed my and my DD's passports late 2013 and got them back fairly quickly. I'm guessing there's more to process right now with the upcoming vacation season. It's a renewal.

Good to know we can adjust the number at the port if need be. That's a relief!

ETA: checked online and it's in the mail! Woohoo!! About 5 weeks for processing, for those who might also be waiting.
Glad it's on its way. Five weeks is much longer than ours took, but like you said, it's probably due to the upcoming vacation season.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: