Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2014, 05:43 AM   #1
Kiki La Reu
Earning My Ears

Question about adding days to an existing reservation

Hi there! I'm hoping someone can help me out with my question because getting through to Disney has been hard lately! It's sort of confusing but here goes:

I have an existing vacation planned at the BWI from 8/25-8/30 with my family of 5 with passes into the park. My sister then, invited my family and me to Orlando (not Disney but she has a timeshare in Orlando) from 8/16-8/23...my husband can't take off both weeks from work, but I can, so I'm going to drive down with my three kids for timeshare trip with my sister...and my husband will fly down later to meet us at the BWI...now here's my issue. My trip ends with my sister on the 23rd so I have two days to bridge over with my kids until my vacation package starts...Can I:

1) Add the two extra days (just for the four of us) to my existing package (changing our five day hopper to 7 day hoppers)and getting the room for those two days

2.) Can I make the existing reservation a 'split stay' staying at the AKL for the two days, and get the same rate with the hopper passes?

OR....do I have to make those two days an entirely different reservation??? I've heard of people adding onto their packages and also doing split stays but I'm not sure if my situation is the same
Kiki La Reu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:08 AM   #2
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

You can add days to your package if the promotional rate you're booked with has availability for those 2 days. But your husband would be on there as well even though he hasn't arrived yet.

It would probably be cheaper to just book 2 nights somewhere as a room-only reservation. That is what people mean when they say "split stay". It still requires a second confirmation # and second deposit.
TigrLvsPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:35 AM   #3
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

I would book a room only for the additional days so you don't' have to pay for your dh on the package for the days he isn't there.

If you have always wanted to stay AKL book there and then have Disney transfer your bags on the day you move. Or -book room only at BWI and request to keep the same room when your package starts. You will have to check out and check back in but I have done this a few times and have not had to move rooms.

As far as tickets, you can pick up your tickets up to 3 days prior to your package start so you and the kids can start using your tickets early. Then sometime after you have used the first day you can just upgrade your tickets to add the additional days you need Again not adding days (4) to your husbands ticket he isn't going to use.

I have done all of the above but I have not picked up tickets early since the start of MB but I have seen threads addressing this that may be helpful to you.

TJ
tjmw2727 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: