Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
Boynton1234
Earning My Ears

Disneys Wilderness Lodge Standard Room

Just booked a Standard Room @ Wilderness Lodge. Any suggestions on room location? Should I try and request a room that overlooks the lobby or is it better to stay away from there.
Boynton1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
kapoof
DIS Veteran

None of the rooms overlook the lobby. Your room could be outside of the lobby. A standard room will overlook the bus stop. You could upgrade to a woods view or a courtyard view. It is a nice resort, enjoy!

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
francileb
Mouseketeer

There actually are standard view rooms that have doors that open to the lobby--they are on the 4th floor directly above the check in desk. We had one of those rooms in October and loved it. Whenever we left or came back to our room, the last thing we saw was that grand lobby. It was also really convenient to the lobby elevators and bus stop. I'll warn you that the view from the balcony of these rooms is a big green roof. (see post #7 in this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2392744) That "view" is terrible, but it was very private. I've read some people complaining about the noise when having a room that opened to the lobby--but we didn't have any problems with it. We did have an issue with the light that came in from the small space under the door--so we put a rolled up towel at the bottom of the door every night. I guess that could have kept out the noise.

The other area with standard views have balconies that overlook a loading area--see post #5 in this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...15&postcount=5 In my personal opinion, I'd take the big green roof!

I hope this helps. Have a great vacation.
francileb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

We love having a room that opens to the lobby at WL. Others complain about the noise from the WCC restaurant, but we find the view to be more than worth it. If you need quiet in the evenings or prefer not to have the open hallway, a room down one of the wings might be better. It's up to you.

If anyone is curious about room locations at WL for the different bookable views, there's a map showing the locations in the WL FAQ thread here.
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: