Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
jtdaly
Disneylady2009

Difference from Deluxe to Value

I would really love to hear from some others about their experiences between deluxe and value resorts at Disney World. I had only stayed at deluxe and moderate until my last visit and we tried a value resort due to my daughter wanting to. I was sadly disappointed with the staff and their customer service. Was I expecting too much? Help?
jtdaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
rtilner
Mouseketeer

Difference between value and deluxe resorts

1. money
2. location
3. size of the room
4. the pool has a slide
rtilner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
Wendybird55
DIS Veteran

As PP said...

Location, Location, Location. Many of the deluxe are conveniently located to at least one theme park (some in walking distance) and offer other modes of transportation in addition to buses.

Dining...Deluxe have more than 1 restaurant (some of the best restaurant in Disney are in deluxe resorts) along with counter service / fast food.

Room Size...Deluxe rooms are bigger and many can accommodate up to 5 people.

Privacy: Deluxe resorts your room entrance in on the inside of a building. Moderate and Values have entrance to room from outside so depending upon where you room is you can be subject to noise from outside plus if you leave your room curtains open there's the chance of people walking by and looking in your room.

The main appeal of deluxe resorts for me is LOCATION. We particularly like EPCT resorts (BW, BC, YC) because they are so close to EPCOT and DHS...you can walk to both if you want or take a boat. Plus Fantasia mini golf course is nearby and you have access to the restaurants and gifts shops of 3 nice resorts without having to take a bus to a park and another bus to a resort.

The other aspects aren't as important because we're usually out of our room most of the day. Basically we sleep, shower and get dressed in room. Even if we go back in the afternoon it's to hang out by the pool, not in the room.
Wendybird55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
shocker
DIS Veteran

My trip report thread of our first stay at a value...

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3244891

Courage is doing something I'm not any good at. -Me
shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
Wild4Walt
DIS Veteran

It's really like asking what's the difference between the filet and the ground chuck.

Both will have a details theme, but they are set up completely differently. Value's tend to be more campus style - lots of buildings to fit lots of people in.

Dining is different as well. There is no table service at any of the Value Resorts.

It is a drastic change from a Deluxe to a Value - I would recommend lots of research to avoid disappointment.

POR Oct 14 / POP Oct 12 / Poly Oct 12 / CBR Nov 11 / POR Oct 10 /Pop May 10/Poly Nov 09 / CBR Mar 09 / BWI - Feb 09 / BC- Oct 08 / POFQ - Feb 08 / SSR- Dec 07 / POR - Oct 07 / Poly Oct 05
Wild4Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:47 PM   #6
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Even though I have a few favorites, I find the deluxes way overpriced for what you get. The moderates are a good compromise IMO particularly since we normally have a car.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:55 PM   #7
Babsy
DIS Veteran

$$$$$$$….and...

Deluxe rooms often have balconies.

Deluxe theming is more 'adult' in style. Values rooms/resorts have a child's or teenager's style IMHO.

Deluxe resorts have more elaborate grounds.

deluxe resorts rarely have huge groups of teenagers staying there. Values on the other hand seem to have teen groups often.

……..plus everything PP's said
Old 05-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #8
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

We only stay at deluxe, now, because of location. The amenities the deluxe offers aren't that important to us, and we've noticed no difference in resort service quality. We're just willing to pay more for location.
Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:41 AM   #9
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzytime View Post
We only stay at deluxe, now, because of location. The amenities the deluxe offers aren't that important to us, and we've noticed no difference in resort service quality. We're just willing to pay more for location.
Oh yes...deluxes really make our trip.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #10
Debbie Jean
DIS Veteran

Room service
Old 05-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #11
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Moderates and Duluxes also have a hot tub.. which is the only thing I miss at a Value.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #12
mckelvey72
Mouseketeer

What everyone else said hahaha....plus, specific to WL which is deluxe, we love having the bunk beds. My kids are DD (14) and DS (8) so they don't like sleeping in same bed and bedtime is so much easier with each of them having their own space.

Talking on beds.....values I believe are doubles which mods and deluxe are mostly queen. That is huge for some people.

We too are deluxe people and our favorite is WL. We love that if it is raining we can still wander around and do stuff without getting wet, love the balconies so hubby and I can have a drink while the kids sleep, and they just seem to have a quieter more relaxed feel to them.

mckelvey72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:09 AM   #13
hakepb
DIS Veteran

On the other hand, when staying in a deluxe resort, I kinda miss the variety of the value resort's food court. When you go to your value room, its fun to see the guests' stuffed animal arrangements that the mouse keeping CM's leave in the room windows.
(Moderate resorts also have food courts and outside entries)
Old 05-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #14
mom2alix
I know he is always on my side
How fun! I'll play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckelvey72 View Post
Talking on beds.....values I believe are doubles which mods and deluxe are mostly queen. That is huge for some people.
This is our big problem with the values and with some moderates. We have a king bed at home and going down to a double is just too much of a size difference. We felt really cramped at AllStars the one night we stayed there. We really like POFQ, OTOH.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #15
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

for us our first value was staying at AoA in a Family Suite.
AoA had better bus service than any other deluxe.

The front desk service was wonderful at both places. However I waited forever at AoA - just sheer volume of people they couldn't keep up.

I loved the food court but missed having easy access to table service restaurants.

The kids got over the lack of slide - they loved the big blue.

AoA family suite had 2 bathrooms! So for a little less $$ than the deluxe our AMs were so much easier.

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: