Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #91
tweis
DIS Veteran

We headed up to the pool deck to enjoy the pirate party. The party on the Magic is very different than the party on the Dream. O on the Magic felt it had more like a dance party feel with the characters and the staff whereas on the Dream it was geared more towards the older crowd and involved Captain Jack Sparrow where the Magic has Mickey. We were having a great time until an adult couple walked in front of Trystan and completely blocked his view. I gave it a little bit to see if they were going to move on but they did not. I politely got the woman's attention and told her that my son could no longer see the show. She proceeded to tell me that the same thing had just happened to them and when she mentioned it to the "offenders" they flipped her off. I was thinking to myself that she was about to flip me off but instead they stood there a few more minutes before finally moving on. A nice couple that was closer to the stage with their daughter offered to let both of my boys come up front with them so that they could enjoy the show without ADULTS getting in front of them. I'm not saying that adults can't watch the show or even be front row. Heck, we loved the show but I would NEVER knowingly block a child from seeing the show.

Sorry for the bad lighting. That is not fire but a bright light on stage.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:29 PM   #92
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Great trip report!

Wondering if we were on the same double-dip in June 2012? June 10?
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #93
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas View Post
Great trip report!

Wondering if we were on the same double-dip in June 2012? June 10?
Thank you and

We sure were on the same double dip! Such a wonderful cruise!

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

Old 05-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #94
tnshsms
Mouseketeer

We have only done the dream and fantasy but we are booked on the magic next year so I enjoy reading your report!
Disneyland - May 2013
Disney Fantasy - May 2014
Disney Magic - May 2015
tnshsms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #95
4worlds1family
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=tweis;51433937]DAY 2-NASSAU

I set an alarm for 7:00 because I had made Mark and myself a spa appointment. Not just any spa appointment…..an exotic rasul appointment. I had read very “interesting” things about the rasul and I was intrigued. The description from the DCL website described it as this:

This sensual body treatment, applied by you, conditions and nourishes your skin while uniting the 4 fundamental elements of water, fire, earth and air in one spiritually uplifting experience. Aromatherapy massage oils are worked gently into the body, and then you're invited to spread various miracle healing muds of different colors and grain sizes onto your limbs. Body and soul are elevated to a place of ethereal bliss. In the privacy of a secluded chamber and steam room, you can make liberal use of decadent facial care products, exfoliating creams and morer and steam room, you can make liberal use of decadent facial care products, exfoliating creams and more.

I have found it described a little less "G-rated" on these boards. I really wasn't sure what to expect but it was a spa treatment for 2 for $89. We got dressed in swimsuits, set a new alarm for the boys and left them a note instructing them to get ready for the day. I have zero pictures of the spa area.

We made our way to Senses and filled out the obligatory forms and were then shown to a dressing area for each of us. I was given a locker which contained a robe, sandals and towels. I got undressed and put on the robe and then I panicked because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be FULLY undressed or not! I ended up keeping on my swimsuit underneath the robe.

We were lead to the rasul room and given a rundown on all the products in the room. By the time she left, I had no idea what half of them were nor was I sure what part of the body they were to be used on. I am going to try to describe the rasul room to you the best I can. When you walk in the door you see a tile covered bench with towel swans and rose petals covering it. Que up the cheesy music Everything is tile. To the immediate left is a shower with 3 dispensers inside. To the right is the steam room with 3 benches inside and an area in the middle with 4 sinks (I think) in the middle of the room. The main room had a barrel type thing that had mud and a type of scrub or salts in it.

BEFORE testing any showers or the steam room, DH and I decided to rub the mud all over each other first. HUGE mistake!! I went to rinse off and the first shower was ice cold!!! I couldn't stay in long enough to rinse. DH didn't want to go anywhere near it after I shrieked from the coldness so we decided to move into the steam room because each bench had a shower head and water would come from the sides. Well guess what? That water was freezing also! So here we are, covered in a minty tingly mud that we can't get rinsed off because the water is freezing! I finally pumped my hand full of soap and just bit the bullet and washed it off in freezing water. Once I finally got rinsed, I ventured into the steam room for a bit but it quickly got too hot so I turned on the shower again. This time the cold water felt good but the hot water that ran out of the hose across my bare foot did not! We ended up leaving the rasul room before the attendant knocked on the door. I can honestly say that I will never be tempted to book the rasul again.

This TR has a couple of pictures of the rasul area. It appears they were not give the towel swans and rose petals. lmao /QUOTE]

We are booked for our first cruise next year. I love your pictures and trip report, but the rasul report made me laugh out loud! I now know what not to book!! Keep the details coming
4worlds1family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #96
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnshsms View Post
We have only done the dream and fantasy but we are booked on the magic next year so I enjoy reading your report!
Thanks and

Old 05-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #97
tweis
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=4worlds1family;51501824]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
DAY 2-NASSAU

I set an alarm for 7:00 because I had made Mark and myself a spa appointment. Not just any spa appointment…..an exotic rasul appointment. I had read very “interesting” things about the rasul and I was intrigued. The description from the DCL website described it as this:

This sensual body treatment, applied by you, conditions and nourishes your skin while uniting the 4 fundamental elements of water, fire, earth and air in one spiritually uplifting experience. Aromatherapy massage oils are worked gently into the body, and then you're invited to spread various miracle healing muds of different colors and grain sizes onto your limbs. Body and soul are elevated to a place of ethereal bliss. In the privacy of a secluded chamber and steam room, you can make liberal use of decadent facial care products, exfoliating creams and morer and steam room, you can make liberal use of decadent facial care products, exfoliating creams and more.

I have found it described a little less "G-rated" on these boards. I really wasn't sure what to expect but it was a spa treatment for 2 for $89. We got dressed in swimsuits, set a new alarm for the boys and left them a note instructing them to get ready for the day. I have zero pictures of the spa area.

We made our way to Senses and filled out the obligatory forms and were then shown to a dressing area for each of us. I was given a locker which contained a robe, sandals and towels. I got undressed and put on the robe and then I panicked because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be FULLY undressed or not! I ended up keeping on my swimsuit underneath the robe.

We were lead to the rasul room and given a rundown on all the products in the room. By the time she left, I had no idea what half of them were nor was I sure what part of the body they were to be used on. I am going to try to describe the rasul room to you the best I can. When you walk in the door you see a tile covered bench with towel swans and rose petals covering it. Que up the cheesy music Everything is tile. To the immediate left is a shower with 3 dispensers inside. To the right is the steam room with 3 benches inside and an area in the middle with 4 sinks (I think) in the middle of the room. The main room had a barrel type thing that had mud and a type of scrub or salts in it.

BEFORE testing any showers or the steam room, DH and I decided to rub the mud all over each other first. HUGE mistake!! I went to rinse off and the first shower was ice cold!!! I couldn't stay in long enough to rinse. DH didn't want to go anywhere near it after I shrieked from the coldness so we decided to move into the steam room because each bench had a shower head and water would come from the sides. Well guess what? That water was freezing also! So here we are, covered in a minty tingly mud that we can't get rinsed off because the water is freezing! I finally pumped my hand full of soap and just bit the bullet and washed it off in freezing water. Once I finally got rinsed, I ventured into the steam room for a bit but it quickly got too hot so I turned on the shower again. This time the cold water felt good but the hot water that ran out of the hose across my bare foot did not! We ended up leaving the rasul room before the attendant knocked on the door. I can honestly say that I will never be tempted to book the rasul again.

This TR has a couple of pictures of the rasul area. It appears they were not give the towel swans and rose petals. lmao /QUOTE]

We are booked for our first cruise next year. I love your pictures and trip report, but the rasul report made me laugh out loud! I now know what not to book!! Keep the details coming
Thanks so much! The rasul made me laugh out loud too AFTER the fact! It just did not work out for us.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #98
tweis
DIS Veteran

Off to Vegas in the morning for a week guys but I will update when we get back!

Old 05-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #99
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Just found your TR, I'm really enjoying reading it. Oh how we miss Palo, the lobster ravioli is my favorite. I also love the bean soup, can't wait to sail again just to have those two things.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #100
skit72
Earning My Ears

Loving your trip report, cruising on Magic in August and reading all the reports really builds the excitement!!
skit72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #101
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
Just found your TR, I'm really enjoying reading it. Oh how we miss Palo, the lobster ravioli is my favorite. I also love the bean soup, can't wait to sail again just to have those two things.
Thanks and

Palo is delish and I can't wait to have it again. I really wish I liked lobster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skit72 View Post
Loving your trip report, cruising on Magic in August and reading all the reports really builds the excitement!!
Thanks and

I love reading trip reports prior to my cruises also. It really helps me to get an idea of what to expect.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:10 AM   #102
tweis
DIS Veteran

After the Pirate Party, we were pretty pooped and my sunburn was giving me fits (apparently, Banana Boat does NOT work for me) so we headed back to our room for the night. We found this guy waiting for us.

Of course after getting back to the room, the boys are hungry. We thought about ordering room service but Mark decided to take them up on deck and bring a few things back. Pizza, of course.

After the pirate party, there is a 30 minute buffet set up in Cabanas but we have skipped it the last two cruises due to us having dinner in Palo.

Navigators

Old 06-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #103
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! I hope you had a great trip. Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:42 AM   #104
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
Welcome back! I hope you had a great trip. Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR.
Thanks Lisa. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to visit again. I am hoping to finish this TR soon before I forget everything.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #105
TLovesDisney
Earning My Ears

Thanks for an awesome trip report!! Makes me wish Oct would come faster so we could be on our cruise.
June 1995 - WDW - Broadwalk Villas, Sept 2010 - Carnival Cruise, June 2013 - WDW, Jan 2014 - WDW - French Quaters/Coronado Springs, Jan 2014 - Disney Dream 4-Day, Aug 2014 - WDW All Star Music / Frozen Summer, Oct 2014 - MNSSHP, Oct 2014 - Disney Fantasy 7-Day, July 2015 - Disney Dream - 5-Day
TLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: