Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #1396
PrincessNelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesca View Post
Another question... if I check in online, will I still have an opportunity when I get there to ask to stay in a preferred room the whole trip so we don't have to move rooms? Or would it be better for me to wait until we get there to have that conversation?
I would see if you can let them know in advance that your one night reservation is followed by a package. Maybe a fax or call.

I know they tend to assign rooms in advance so that may make it easier for them.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:23 PM   #1397
PrincessNelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABYJOSIE98 View Post
1st time staying at CSR...Checking in Nov 1st!!

Questions is.......For those that have been to this resort before what our the odds of our room being ready when we arrive in the morning?

We have a super early flight that gets us to Orlando by 9:15 am so I figure we will be checking in at the resort by 10:30 am if all goes smoothly which it usually does with Southwest.

We have a preferred room booked with the FD and I know the resort will probably be full.

Would be nice if our room was ready, but if not I figure we can head to Downtown Disney for lunch and some shopping... Hoping they have some "Frozen Ornaments" out by Nov in the Christmas store so I could go buy those...

Just wondering if others had luck with the room being ready that early?

I have always had great luck with our Studio being ready early at AKV in the past..Coming off the Disney Cruise they get you to the resort super early.
We checked in at 9:30 last September and our room was ready.
I actually asked the CM to repeat herself because I didn't believe it lol. She laughed at me and assured me our room was ready. We checked in on a Monday and no conventions were happening but FD was going on. So I would do online check in and hope for the best
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #1398
Princesca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNelly View Post
I would see if you can let them know in advance that your one night reservation is followed by a package. Maybe a fax or call.

I know they tend to assign rooms in advance so that may make it easier for them.
I may try to call. My TA assured me that she did note it. I would love to be upgraded to the preferred room for the entire stay, but if that's not possible, then I'm happy to take a standard King to just avoid having to switch.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #1399
hunnywinston
Earning My Ears

Laundry at CSR

Does anyone know the condition of the laundry rooms recently? Are the machines in good repair and not rusty? We are staying longer this trip, so I either ship more clothes or have to do laundry!
hunnywinston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #1400
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnywinston View Post
Does anyone know the condition of the laundry rooms recently? Are the machines in good repair and not rusty? We are staying longer this trip, so I either ship more clothes or have to do laundry!
We are usually there for 2 weeks, so we do laundry once or twice. I don't haven any complaints, other than some of the dryers work better than others.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #1401
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnywinston View Post
I did laundry this morning and earlier this week. There was a dryer or two with out of order signs. I used the front loader both times. I didn't think it was rusty. I saw two CMs working on dryers earlier on the week. It's $2 each for wash and dry, quarters.

DisneyRunner2009 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #1402
laurenfratt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABYJOSIE98 View Post
1st time staying at CSR...Checking in Nov 1st!!

Questions is.......For those that have been to this resort before what our the odds of our room being ready when we arrive in the morning?

We have a super early flight that gets us to Orlando by 9:15 am so I figure we will be checking in at the resort by 10:30 am if all goes smoothly which it usually does with Southwest.

We have a preferred room booked with the FD and I know the resort will probably be full.

Would be nice if our room was ready, but if not I figure we can head to Downtown Disney for lunch and some shopping... Hoping they have some "Frozen Ornaments" out by Nov in the Christmas store so I could go buy those...

Just wondering if others had luck with the room being ready that early?

I have always had great luck with our Studio being ready early at AKV in the past..Coming off the Disney Cruise they get you to the resort super early.
Us too!! Nov 1st preferred king FD deal! We are also flying southwest to arrive to coronado by 10 am! We'll probably be sharing some disney buses that week and not even know it!!
laurenfratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #1403
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Hot off the press. Just walked by Pepper Market. No more card to stamp and pay later. Now it's like other Disney food courts. Go through the line and pay at the register. Then sit down and eat. We checked in about 11:00am and our room was ready.

DisneyRunner2009 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #1404
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

We are checking in also on Dec 1st on FD. We booked a king water view that for some reason was cheaper than just a king room. Go figure... We get in a 1p and will be in search of somewhere to watch the UGA/FLA game.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #1405
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunner2009 View Post
Hot off the press. Just walked by Pepper Market. No more card to stamp and pay later. Now it's like other Disney food courts. Go through the line and pay at the register. Then sit down and eat. We checked in about 11:00am and our room was ready.
I bet that's why they took out the center Fajita stand.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:50 AM   #1406
lilluv117
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylone View Post
We are checking in also on Dec 1st on FD. We booked a king water view that for some reason was cheaper than just a king room. Go figure... We get in a 1p and will be in search of somewhere to watch the UGA/FLA game.
Free dining is offered on Dec 1st? I arrive the 2nd and I thought that week was excluded. Did you have a pin?

lilluv117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #1407
Tiggr924
Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!

Quote:
Wow. That is hot off the press… we were just there a week ago and they were still using the stamp and card system. Though we observed an issue where it seemed some group had eaten and then skipped out on the check. So I'm not that surprised they'd change the system.

1986 ~ Hotel Plaza 1988,1991,1993 off-site 1995,1997 ~Doubletree, Hotel Plaza 2000, 2003, 2005 All-Star Movies 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013 Caribbean Beach Resort 2008, 2009, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside
Tiggr924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #1408
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilluv117 View Post
Free dining is offered on Dec 1st? I arrive the 2nd and I thought that week was excluded. Did you have a pin?
Oh I am sorry.. We arrive on Nov 1st. I keep forgetting we had to go a month earlier this year.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #1409
Andrea817
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh no that was one of our favorite things since at other resorts we had always complained that our food was cold by the time you sit down. We loved the Pepper Market's system. Thanks for the update!!
Andrea817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:29 AM   #1410
michsig
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNelly View Post
We checked in at 9:30 last September and our room was ready.
I actually asked the CM to repeat herself because I didn't believe it lol. She laughed at me and assured me our room was ready. We checked in on a Monday and no conventions were happening but FD was going on. So I would do online check in and hope for the best

Same here! I always arrive earlier, and have never had any problems checking in as early as 9am most trips! Love CSR! I'm staying at POR this trip, and hoping I have the same luck.
June 2010 - CSR
July 1999 - Villas at Disney Institute
May 1991 - Offsite
michsig is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: