Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #121
texasmomoftwo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbies04901 View Post
Lurking, trying to decide whether to switch from pop. Biggest concern is the size of the resort and distance to bus. Only standard rooms left for my dates. Bus stop 4 has been recommended. Thoughts? Encouragement? Anyone who's stayed at both care to comment?
I have stayed at pop and CSR. Also POFQ. To compare pop and CSR, they are very very different. To me POP is Disney themed. Pop you get so many people of so many walks of life. Pop can be very loud at all times and good court is jammed. Theming is very good at pop. Good food court, but very busy at pop.

CSR is more like a typical hotel (think Hilton resort). It is very spread out. Less "Disney" theming. Beds are queen instead of full. Rooms much larger at CSR. Food court is very different, much less busy but you have to order at stations.

I like CSR so much better because of the room sizes, and even if it is full, you don't feel as crowded. Also CSR Has a work out room, if you do that on vacation

Hope that helps.
texasmomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #122
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Hi All!

Thank you all for your patience regarding the first few posts I'll have them fully updated soon!
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #123
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
Hi All!

Thank you all for your patience regarding the first few posts I'll have them fully updated soon!
Thanks for,taking on the job!!!
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #124
jcano
Mouseketeer

Staying at CSR this November. Looking forward to trying a new resort! Just wondering what building we should request. We are staying standard, and we'd like to get as close to the food court and bus stop as possible. We have a kid with Type 1 diabetes, so easy access to these would be helpful.

1993 Off-site, 2002 Off-site, 2007 ASMo, 2008 POP, 12/2011 POFQ, beginning to plan for November 2014
jcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #125
rachelp6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
Yes, there's a short path around the lake that's .75 mi., and a longer option that's about a mile. There is also a wide sidewalk along Buena Vista Drive, the street in front of the resort, from CSR past BB to All-Star Movies Resort. The distance from CSR to ASMo is about 2.6 mi. one way to the end of the trail. There are walk signals at several street crossings, and not too many driveways to cross. It's mostly well-lit by the streetlights.
Thanks 😃
rachelp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #126
newbies04901
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmomoftwo View Post
I have stayed at pop and CSR. Also POFQ. To compare pop and CSR, they are very very different. To me POP is Disney themed. Pop you get so many people of so many walks of life. Pop can be very loud at all times and good court is jammed. Theming is very good at pop. Good food court, but very busy at pop. CSR is more like a typical hotel (think Hilton resort). It is very spread out. Less "Disney" theming. Beds are queen instead of full. Rooms much larger at CSR. Food court is very different, much less busy but you have to order at stations. I like CSR so much better because of the room sizes, and even if it is full, you don't feel as crowded. Also CSR Has a work out room, if you do that on vacation Hope that helps.
helps lots. Thanks much!
newbies04901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #127
photos_101
Mouseketeer

We have had a great 4 days here at CSR. The buses were very quick and we only had to stand once (our choice as there were a couple of seats but separated from each other). We did leave at about 8:30am each day so not bad. Love the refill station in pepper market! The resort seems empty even though I know they are pretty full. It is just very quiet compared to values.

We took a walk across the bridge to
the dig site this evening and there was maybe 3 people swimming however it is cool and rainy here today. Although we really like it here , we did miss the Beach club this trip, basically because of the inside access it offers. Walking in the rain to food/drinks was a bummer!

I am sure we will be back soon and will absolutely stay business class but I think our Christmas trip will be AoA suites for the extra room or Beach club for the easy park access.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #128
newbies04901
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmomoftwo View Post
I have stayed at pop and CSR. Also POFQ. To compare pop and CSR, they are very very different. To me POP is Disney themed. Pop you get so many people of so many walks of life. Pop can be very loud at all times and good court is jammed. Theming is very good at pop. Good food court, but very busy at pop. CSR is more like a typical hotel (think Hilton resort). It is very spread out. Less "Disney" theming. Beds are queen instead of full. Rooms much larger at CSR. Food court is very different, much less busy but you have to order at stations. I like CSR so much better because of the room sizes, and even if it is full, you don't feel as crowded. Also CSR Has a work out room, if you do that on vacation Hope that helps.
helps lots. Thanks much.
newbies04901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #129
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcano View Post
Staying at CSR this November. Looking forward to trying a new resort! Just wondering what building we should request. We are staying standard, and we'd like to get as close to the food court and bus stop as possible. We have a kid with Type 1 diabetes, so easy access to these would be helpful.
The closest buildings to the food court are either Preferred or Business Class. The closest with standard rooms would be Cabanas 9A or Casitas 4. The nice part about Casitas 4 is its right beside busstop 2 which is the first pickup for going to the parks.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #130
maryb828
Earning My Ears

Where can you refill mugs? Anywhere besides pepper market?
maryb828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #131
Mom2Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryb828 View Post
Where can you refill mugs? Anywhere besides pepper market?
Cafe Rix at El Centro and you can have them filled at the bar by the pool.

2001 ASMo, 2002 POR, 2003-2008 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Poly, 2011 CSR, 2012 CSR,2013 CSR
Mom2Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #132
tbone00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post
As excited as i am to try a new resort i will still miss jumping in the boat to head to dtd from por. I can only imagine how long that bus ride is gonna be from csr.
Same here, I had planned to go to DD the day we arrived and know my girls would've loved the boat ride
tbone00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #133
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

I'm thinking of trying CS next time. We have done POR and POFQ before, but never CS. Reading through this thread now for good scoop!
Old 05-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #134
summerlady
DIS Veteran

I have a very important question to ask: does anyone know if they have Mickey ice cream bars available at the Pepper Market or anywhere else at the resort?

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:22 PM   #135
McMonsters
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
I have a very important question to ask: does anyone know if they have Mickey ice cream bars available at the Pepper Market or anywhere else at the resort?
My guess is yes, all the other resorts we have been to have them in the freezer section with the grocery items. I could be wrong, hope someone else chimes in with an answer

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: