Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #1321
Tonyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl43 View Post
We just got back from a 5 night stay at CSR and I wanted to share our experience. Upon check-in I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. Our magic bands were checked to insure they were working and since I had done online check-in, the process took about 5 min. I had booked a standard view so I was pleasantly surprised to be staying in Casitas 5 with a beautiful view of the lake. Our room was #5307, on the 3rd floor at the end, and it was clean, comfortable and smelled nice. It was very quiet with little to no foot traffic and felt secluded and private. This was great for us because we like to be able to take a break from all the action. A short walk to the left took us to the Dig Site pool and a short walk to the right to Pepper Market, Maya Grill and Panchito's gift shop. So, excitement was never far away. The grounds were clean and the landscaping beautiful. We ate at Pepper Market twice, for dinner and breakfast. For dinner we had nachos, empanadas, pasta with alfredo and chicken, and kids mac and cheese. For breakfast we had the Mickey waffles, with bacon and fruit. Everything we ate was very good and our food was served on real plates with real flatware which is a plus in my book. We only went to the main pool and my DS7 loved it, especially the slide. As far as transportation, mostly we drove our own car. The few times we took the bus, we didn't have to wait very long. The only problem we had on our visit, was our refrigerator did not work. We called the front desk and the next day they fixed the refrigerator and brought another one as well. So we had two refrigerators for our stay. I will say that we really enjoyed CSR and would love to stay there in the future. This thread has been so helpful to me and I appreciate all the information it provided. If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to try and answer.
Great review!

So did you request a Casitas room?

1999 - All Star Sports
2005 - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Beach Club
2014 - Coronado Springs
Tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #1322
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

So I keep putting in different dates, playing around to see what's available, and it looks like Preferred rooms, when they show up, are consistently $50-60 per night more than standard. Comparing with Mousesavers' 2014 chart, that looks like a BIG increase for certain periods. What the heck? You would think, given its popularity on here, that if anything they would increase the prices for BC! But it's a moot point for me anyway, since they're still showing no Preferred availability in early November. Sigh.
plumsiren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #1323
Kristie911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
GG orders go to Bell services. There is no charge. We do this every trip.
I was going to use my Amazon Prime account to have food shipped but there is so much talk of the convention center and items being delivered to a different site I decided it wasn't worth the savings. I'll just use GG since it seems they know where to deliver and I'll actually get it!! Thank you!!
DD Lexi 3

Planning our first family Disney vacation!!

Kristie911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #1324
hdrolfe
Earning My Ears

I just booked a standard room for Jan 30-Feb 1, before my Magic cruise. Very excited! I am hoping there will be a discount offered at some point lol, but it was a better price than I expected so I'm happy either way. I didn't put in any type of request for where to be so who knows, but we'll just be so excited to be there, and it's only two nights any way. I am assuming I need to contact someone to arrange for transportation from the resort to the cruise and then the airport, not sure but I'll work on that soon. I'm excited for our first (of sure to be many) Disney trip!
hdrolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #1325
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie911 View Post
I was going to use my Amazon Prime account to have food shipped but there is so much talk of the convention center and items being delivered to a different site I decided it wasn't worth the savings. I'll just use GG since it seems they know where to deliver and I'll actually get it!! Thank you!!
I can't really comment on GG's prices because were from Western Canada and everything is alot more money here, so GG's prices seem pretty good to us...lol

But I can tell you their customer service is second to none!
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #1326
Drusilla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
Ok. This is our room before the cot was rolled in. We had the same situation. My son was terrible to sleep with. Anyway, on the far wall, in the corner was the head of the cot. (Provided by CSR) We scooted the desk down a little, moved the ottoman/chair and voila' ... plenty of room. It would be the same footprint for the air mattress.

His bed was quite comfy, too!

C-DSCN0036 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

WHOA NELLY!!! Did you just say that we can get a cot (aka rollaway bed) from CSR???? Do they charge for it and how do we request it?

DD13 is a horrible sleeper too and we always get her a rollaway on our other vacation stays in hotels. I didn't think WDW offered rollaways. So we were going to take a twin airmattress for her but this would save room in the suitcase!

Funny note: DD13 also wanted her own room since DH snores a bit - I offered to put the air mattress in the bathroom for her and that could be her room. She didn't think that was as funny as I did! lol
Old 08-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #1327
LilacBarries
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacBarries View Post
Not sure if this is the right spot for this question- if it isn't any direction on the right spot is greatly appreacieted. We are staying at CS the night before we set sail on the Disney Wonder and I'm wondering if anyone know's if I can get a bottle of Sparkling Cider at Panchito's or possibly somewhere else at CS? Downtown Disney maybe? Since we don't drink alcohol but are celebrating our anniversary on the cruise I wanted to pick one up. We're taking disney transport both ME and the DCL buses everywhere we go so there wont be an opportunity to go to an offsite store. Unless anyone knows of anywhere at MCO I can get a bottle of Martinelli's? any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated
Anyone?
Old 08-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #1328
Bamagirl43
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyz View Post
Great review!

So did you request a Casitas room?
No. Actually, we had requested a standard room in Cabanas - online check-in only gave the option of Cabanas or Ranchos . I had hoped for Casitas because we wanted to be near bus stop 2 and it looked a bit nicer.
Bamagirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #1329
caravarela
Mouseketeer

Booked 11/15-11/21 preferred, and 11/21-11/22 BC. Looking forward to another great trip to CSR!

Nov/Dec 08: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 09: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 10: 2Nights CSR, 7Nights Polynesian
Nov/Dec 11: Coronado Springs "Surprise the kids" trip
Nov/Dec 12: Coronado Springs
November 13: Caribbean Beach Pirate Room
November 14: Coronado Springs
caravarela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #1330
Tonyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl43 View Post
No. Actually, we had requested a standard room in Cabanas - online check-in only gave the option of Cabanas or Ranchos . I had hoped for Casitas because we wanted to be near bus stop 2 and it looked a bit nicer.
Yeah I don't think I had the option for Casitas when I did online check-in, either. I did call to request Casitas, so hopefully that help!

1999 - All Star Sports
2005 - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Beach Club
2014 - Coronado Springs
Tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:55 PM   #1331
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Just booked our next trip. This will be our first time staying in BC. Thinking about a garden grocer order, but have no idea of what is offered in the lounge for snacks. Is there anything in the way of pastries or juice in the morning?
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #1332
caravarela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Just booked our next trip. This will be our first time staying in BC. Thinking about a garden grocer order, but have no idea of what is offered in the lounge for snacks. Is there anything in the way of pastries or juice in the morning?
Yes, I've seen pics of muffins, bagels, cereal, and fruit in the morning.

Nov/Dec 08: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 09: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 10: 2Nights CSR, 7Nights Polynesian
Nov/Dec 11: Coronado Springs "Surprise the kids" trip
Nov/Dec 12: Coronado Springs
November 13: Caribbean Beach Pirate Room
November 14: Coronado Springs
caravarela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #1333
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caravarela View Post
Yes, I've seen pics of muffins, bagels, cereal, and fruit in the morning.
Excellent! I may be able to do without a GG order then.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:54 PM   #1334
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
There are pics online that I found through Google. In addition to bagels, pastries, cereal & fruit, I've seen yogurt & oatmeal. We plan on eating breakfast there every day as it seems to be more than enough to hold us over until lunch.
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, Split Stay! CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, Land & Sea! Hotel TBD, 3-night DCL Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:57 AM   #1335
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Here now. Got cabanas and upper floor as requested. Water view but paid for standard. There is a convention going on. You only see them walking around. Never really on the buses, so the buses are empty. Seems to be more couples than families. However this morning we are noticing a few more families. Pepper market took out the center nacho fajitas station. Now the food options are only along the walls. Four drink refill stations in Pepper market.

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: