Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #1261
ElsaColon
Mouseketeer ......................... .............. The Florida heat never bothered me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsiren View Post
Digging up a ridiculously old comment, but yes! I crossed POFQ off my list years ago based solely on those masks/heads/jesters!!
I agree! I love POR though.
[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/]
ElsaColon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #1262
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Digging up a ridiculously old comment, but yes! I crossed POFQ off my list years ago based solely on those masks/heads/jesters!!
Yeah, I wouldn't say I find the POFQ theme unsettling, but it is completely unappealing to me. It would be one of the last resorts at WDW I would consider staying at.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #1263
LilacBarries
Mouseketeer

Panchito's

Not sure if this is the right spot for this question- if it isn't any direction on the right spot is greatly appreacieted.

We are staying at CS the night before we set sail on the Disney Wonder and I'm wondering if anyone know's if I can get a bottle of Sparkling Cider at Panchito's or possibly somewhere else at CS? Downtown Disney maybe?

Since we don't drink alcohol but are celebrating our anniversary on the cruise I wanted to pick one up. We're taking disney transport both ME and the DCL buses everywhere we go so there wont be an opportunity to go to an offsite store.

Unless anyone knows of anywhere at MCO I can get a bottle of Martinelli's? any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated
Old 07-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #1264
samanthad
Earning My Ears

Room requests

I'm getting ready to book my May 2015 disney vacation for my college graduation! It'll be just me and my boyfriend and I've decided on CSR. Any suggestions on where we should put a room request in for? We're not huge pool people, so being close to the dig site isn't important. Also, are the parking lot views horrible or should I pay the extra for a water view? Any suggestions would be appreciated!
samanthad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:27 AM   #1265
tbone00
Earning My Ears

Well, thanks to a pin, I am switching back to our original choice of POR in a Royal Room. Was excited about CSR but can't pass up the Royal Rooms for my girls!!
tbone00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #1266
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone00 View Post
Well, thanks to a pin, I am switching back to our original choice of POR in a Royal Room. Was excited about CSR but can't pass up the Royal Rooms for my girls!!
They will love the Royal Room! We got upgraded to one last fall and DD (then 10) said it was the prettiest room she has ever stayed in.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #1267
tbone00
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
They will love the Royal Room! We got upgraded to one last fall and DD (then 10) said it was the prettiest room she has ever stayed in.
Glad to hear that!!
tbone00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #1268
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

(I'm up to page 68 of this thread! Powering through!)

How much luck do people have being really specific with room requests? Specifically using Touring Plans' guidelines (ex Casitas 3 NE facing, 1st or 2nd floor, rooms 3X10-3x17 - I'm totally making those numbers up!). I plan to book Preferred because I LOVE the Casitas and proximity to the Pepper Market is important to us. But...and I'm embarrassed to admit this...since I first looked at CSR years ago, I've been so, so in love with that stretch between Casitas 2 & 3 that has the long fountain. I would be devastated not to stay in a room overlooking that! How likely would I be to get it during non-holiday periods in November/December/January?

(photo credit wdwmagic)
plumsiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #1269
JennandJaryd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthad View Post
I'm getting ready to book my May 2015 disney vacation for my college graduation! It'll be just me and my boyfriend and I've decided on CSR. Any suggestions on where we should put a room request in for? We're not huge pool people, so being close to the dig site isn't important. Also, are the parking lot views horrible or should I pay the extra for a water view? Any suggestions would be appreciated!
If the pool doesn't matter, I would request Casitas. They are much prettier than other sections.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #1270
Lolly76
Earning My Ears

Room Finder

I have been looking at the Touring Plans Room Finder & wondering how that would work out, too. It is a neat little tool!
Lolly76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #1271
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly76 View Post
I have been looking at the Touring Plans Room Finder & wondering how that would work out, too. It is a neat little tool!
I'm completely obsessed! I'll probably wind up writing down every single room that I would be okay with! It's also a great way to see the resort from angles you normally wouldn't!
plumsiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:06 PM   #1272
Tonyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
(I'm up to page 68 of this thread! Powering through!)

How much luck do people have being really specific with room requests? Specifically using Touring Plans' guidelines (ex Casitas 3 NE facing, 1st or 2nd floor, rooms 3X10-3x17 - I'm totally making those numbers up!). I plan to book Preferred because I LOVE the Casitas and proximity to the Pepper Market is important to us. But...and I'm embarrassed to admit this...since I first looked at CSR years ago, I've been so, so in love with that stretch between Casitas 2 & 3 that has the long fountain. I would be devastated not to stay in a room overlooking that! How likely would I be to get it during non-holiday periods in November/December/January?

(photo credit wdwmagic)
I am 100% full-on totally with you on this one, my friend!!! That stretch with the fountain is EXACTLY where I want my room!!!

1999 - All Star Sports
2005 - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Beach Club
2014 - Coronado Springs
Tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:24 PM   #1273
slzer0
DIS Veteran

Also agree. That photo is what made me love the hotel. Bummed that the whole place doesn't look like that.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #1274
dmband
DIS Veteran

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't get why people are so concerned with the view of their room when there is no balcony or anything else???
Do you sit looking out the window or what? With the way the walkways are I t's not like a mk view room at cr or something where you can look out and see
Confused, tia
Old 07-27-2014, 11:10 PM   #1275
slzer0
DIS Veteran

For me I will be doing a lot of walking to and from the room and I will be awesome to look at the prettiest part of a hotel while I do that

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: