Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #1171
ElsaColon
Mouseketeer ......................... .............. The Florida heat never bothered me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marielynn724 View Post
Very excited to be returning to the wonderful CSR in September! We loved it 2 years ago and this time we booked a king room - anyone know there those are located? Last time we stayed in Casitas and I think for a change this time we'd like to try one of the other sections. I'm hoping for Ranchos but I will be happy anywhere
Ranchos is a littler further away from everything but a beautiful location. If you're looking for a change the Cabanas are great and close to the Dig-site and main building depending on room placement. I also know there are King beds in the cabanas so I'm guessing there are King beds in every section of Coronado. Have fun! I also have so many fond memories at Coronado!
May 4th at Port Orleans Riverside
ElsaColon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #1172
ElsaColon
Mouseketeer ......................... .............. The Florida heat never bothered me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymomma123 View Post
Does anyone know if there are any plans for updating the rooms anytime soon? We love staying at CS with the pool and great bus service. However we felt the rooms were looking a like they needed some touching up last year.
Really? I felt the opposite. I thought the rooms were some of the best rooms available for a moderate (until the Royal Rooms at POR became available) when I stayed in 2011. I was there again this past spring and still thought the rooms were great. I can't remember the exact year but I believe they were renovated in 09, maybe 10?

On the subject of moderate rooms needing an update, Caribbean Beach rooms could use some lovin!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #1173
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsaColon View Post

On the subject of moderate rooms needing an update, Caribbean Beach rooms could use some lovin!
The rooms at the CBR are getting a refurb right now. Some of the Jamaica buildings have been completed and crews are working their way through each village. New carpet, drapes, furniture, lighting, queen beds and some rooms have murphy type beds so that they can fit a family of 5.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #1174
ElsaColon

Cabanas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom2002 View Post
So we have booked a preferred room - does anyone have any suggestions on room requests? What can I request and why should I? I have no idea if some rooms are better than others in the preferred area.
I've posted about this before but I would suggest the Cabanas. i think they are great and close to everything. The first time I stayed at Coronado was the Cabanas was an excellent experience. We were close to the Dig-site and close to the main building. The cabanas also had it's own quiet pool and was close to the laundry mat.

However I requested a preferred room for the my last trip to Coronado in the spring and got Casitas and was left feeling underwhelmed with that area of the resort. I felt so far from everything and it was so confusing each time I tried to find my room. The area felt desolate and isolated. I didn't like the overall look of the casitas area either. Maybe I'm being picky, and this is totally my personal preference but you asked for suggestions
Old 07-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #1175
ElsaColon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The rooms at the CBR are getting a refurb right now. Some of the Jamaica buildings have been completed. New carpet, drapes, furniture, lighting, queen beds and some rooms have murphy type beds so that they can fit a family of 5.
That's awesome! Thanks for the update. Know where I can find any photos of the new refurb? I'm guessing in the Caribbean Beach thread ! lol
Old 07-16-2014, 12:23 PM   #1176
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsaColon View Post
That's awesome! Thanks for the update. Know where I can find any photos of the new refurb? I'm guessing in the Caribbean Beach thread ! lol
Yep, over on the CBR thread.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #1177
carly3592
Mouseketeer

Hi!
I'm sorry if this is posted elsewhere on this topic already, I tried searching for some info and was overwhelmed by bus posts!

I'm staying at Coronado in September I'm starting to figure out my morning routine (I'm a pretty crazy planner haha) If I want to be at each park for rope drop, I need to figure out how long the bus rides are from the resort to each park.

Obviously I don't know which Coronado bus stop I'll be closest to yet, but if someone happens to know the general travel time between Coronado and each park, that would be super (and I'm sorry again if this has already been discussed).

Thanks!

carly3592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #1178
ElsaColon

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly3592 View Post
Hi!
I'm sorry if this is posted elsewhere on this topic already, I tried searching for some info and was overwhelmed by bus posts!

I'm staying at Coronado in September I'm starting to figure out my morning routine (I'm a pretty crazy planner haha) If I want to be at each park for rope drop, I need to figure out how long the bus rides are from the resort to each park.

Obviously I don't know which Coronado bus stop I'll be closest to yet, but if someone happens to know the general travel time between Coronado and each park, that would be super (and I'm sorry again if this has already been discussed).

Thanks!
As a general rule I try to be at the bus stop around 45 min prior to rope drop at any resort I'm staying in. Coronado isn't a far distance from most parks as lets say AKL but I do remember it taking 15-20 to get to parks. I don't really know the time it would take to get to each one but if you give yourself the max 15 wait time for the bus and about 20 min on the ride then 45 min should be enough time. It always is for me
Old 07-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #1179
twinmom2002
Mouseketeer

Pool

What time does the slide at the pool close?

July 2009 - offsite - Reunion Resort
August 2010 - Contemporary
November 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2013 - offsite - Peabody Orlando
September 2014 - Coronado Springs

twinmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #1180
ElsaColon

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom2002 View Post
What time does the slide at the pool close?
The Dig site pool where the slide is located closes at 10:00pm I believe.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #1181
Jarvis23
Mouseketeer

Slide closes when lifeguards go off duty, usually around 8 or 9pm.
Jarvis23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:13 PM   #1182
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Rules for main pools changed WDW wide last November. Pool (and slide) is open until 11pm with lifeguards on duty. At 11pm they kick everyone out and you can no longer use the main pools after hours.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:41 PM   #1183
hicksnichols
Earning My Ears

Parking?

Is all the parking close to the rooms? We plan to drive everywhere and want a room close to my car!
hicksnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #1184
Bamagirl43
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly3592 View Post
Hi!

Thanks!
According to the 2014 Unofficial Guide, commute times by bus from CSR to the parks are as follows with 1st # being avg. to () being worst case:

MK: 23 (32)
Epcot: 20 (28)
DHS: 18 (26)
AK: 18 (27)
Bamagirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:49 PM   #1185
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksnichols View Post
Is all the parking close to the rooms? We plan to drive everywhere and want a room close to my car!
Yes, the entire resort is surrounded by parking.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: