Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #931
MiceFan
I like this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPiperMommy View Post
My husband had had the chocolate cake on the top right and he loved it. I had a red velvet one and it was ok but that strawberry one looks yummy. ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post
We got the chocolate mickey head cake with the mousse filling for my birthday during the fireworks cruise. It was $65 I think and worth every penny. We still talk about that cake and its been a few years.
Thanks for the replies! I tried calling today but couldn't get anyone on the phone. We have plenty of time but it's on my mind & will bug me until I figure it out. Plus I'm on a diet and looking at the cake pics is just so wrong!

Always ready to go back.
8 trips to the World, a few to the Land & 1 Disney Cruise
Mary DH The kiddos!
MiceFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #932
fsmith2845
Dis Dad's Club Member #119

First Time CSR Visit; need some advice

I have a question for you CSR veterans.....

We have reservations for preferred room at CSR for Aug 13-21. (our first time at CSR but many times at other resorts)..

I'm now at the point where we can do our online check-in (which i haven't done yet). First off, should we do online checkin or just check in on arrival (any pros and cons here)? We are driving in (not flyIng) so probably be arriving at the resort around noon or so.

Second, what building can we expect to be staying? Is there any special requests (room requests, etc) that would make our first stay at CSR any better? I guess any special requests would likely have a better chance if we online checked in soon..

Any advice from those that have been there would be greatly appreciated.

OH and i read on another thread about room rehabs at CSR (preferred rooms in August).. Anyone have any confirmations from that?

fsmith2845 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2014, 08:36 AM   #933
desiree71081
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsmith2845 View Post
OH and i read on another thread about room rehabs at CSR (preferred rooms in August).. Anyone have any confirmations from that?
We had a preferred room reserved for August 31st-Sept 5th. I received a call from Disney saying they were doing maintenance and preferred would not be available and we would be switched to water view. So, it's definitely happening but I am not sure when it starts.

desiree71081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #934
KimBean
DIS Veteran

Staying at CSR in dec. standard room free dining promotion. We are driving to WDW and plan on driving to the parks and not using bus system. Also, don't plan on eating at the resort. I have ADR ressies and counter service plans and will bring muffins and such In room for breakfast. Do you think it matters what area at CSR we are put in? I see a lot of discussion about what building you should be in.q

DH (38), ME (39), DD (14), DD (6)

1988 - Offsite, 1994 - Offsite, 1995 - Honeymoon (Offsite), 1996 - Offsite
2003 - Orange Lake Resort, 2007 - Orange Lake Resort, 2011 - Orange Lake Resort, 2012 - Summer Bay Resort

Upcoming 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort
KimBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #935
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBean View Post
Staying at CSR in dec. standard room free dining promotion. We are driving to WDW and plan on driving to the parks and not using bus system. Also, don't plan on eating at the resort. I have ADR ressies and counter service plans and will bring muffins and such In room for breakfast. Do you think it matters what area at CSR we are put in? I see a lot of discussion about what building you should be in.q
Given those parameters it probably doesn't matter. You could just request close to parking ground floor and hopefully they give you a room backing right on to the parking lot. That way you would be steps away from your car.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #936
Aidensmommy22
Mouseketeer

Chocolate croissant

Can anyone tell me if CSR has chocolate croissants? I had my first at POP last trip & I'm hoping CSR has them.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #937
Drusilla
Mouseketeer

Question about the bus stops. From reading this thread so far (only on pg 30) the bus stop #1 is at El Centro and stop #2 is near Casita 4. Looking at the resort map there is a bus stop at the convention center in between El Centro and Casita 4. Does the park bus stop at the convention center or skip it?
Old 06-20-2014, 02:20 AM   #938
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusilla View Post
Question about the bus stops. From reading this thread so far (only on pg 30) the bus stop #1 is at El Centro and stop #2 is near Casita 4. Looking at the resort map there is a bus stop at the convention center in between El Centro and Casita 4. Does the park bus stop at the convention center or skip it?
I think what you are referring to is the Magical Express stop, the park buses don't stop there.

The park buses goto stop 2 first. Stop 1 is actually the last stop.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #939
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidensmommy22 View Post
Can anyone tell me if CSR has chocolate croissants? I had my first at POP last trip & I'm hoping CSR has them.
They did when I was there April 2012! (Lots of croissants!) Hopefully they still have them.

IMGP7140 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 06-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #940
Drusilla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I think what you are referring to is the Magical Express stop, the park buses don't stop there.

The park buses goto stop 2 first. Stop 1 is actually the last stop.
Thank you so much for the clarification!

After reading this thread my TA was able to change from a standard room to business class for our trip 10/13-10/21! Very excited!!!! My AAA TA didn't even know about BC until I asked her to look into it - crazy!!!!

We've always stayed at AKL and DD12 and DD9 were disappointed to not have bunkbeds but CSR looks amazing, I think they will LOVE the pool and I really like the idea of sending DH and kids to the lounge for a quick breakfast and his coffee before we head out. We are going to be RD'ers for the first time ever so AWESOME SAUCE!!!!

One odd question: Is Coke available in the lounge in the morning? I am not a coffee person, Coke is it for me. I saw in someones pictures of the lounge that Coke was there but I think it was in the evening pics w/beer/wine offerings. Just wondering if DH will have to go elsewhere in the morning to get it for me.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #941
vikster1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

One odd question: Is Coke available in the lounge in the morning? I am not a coffee person, Coke is it for me. I saw in someones pictures of the lounge that Coke was there but I think it was in the evening pics w/beer/wine offerings. Just wondering if DH will have to go elsewhere in the morning to get it for me.
You can ask the CM's. They will get it from the back for you.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #942
Danadanes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
How does 8b rank??
In my unscientific research 8b seemed to be closer the the main building, ie food but also close to bus/dig
I will have 6 kids from 1-10 yrs old and wante'd the best for bus/pools/food
Tia
Yowza that is a lot of kids ). We stayed in 9A and loved it. The quiet pool is right there which might be nice for a quick dip/night swim with your kids. Very close to El Centro. I think 8B would also be a good choice
Danadanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #943
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

After reading this thread my TA was able to change from a standard room to business class for our trip 10/13-10/21! Very excited!!!! My AAA TA didn't even know about BC until I asked her to look into it - crazy!!!!

We've always stayed at AKL and DD12 and DD9 were disappointed to not have bunkbeds but CSR looks amazing, I think they will LOVE the pool and I really like the idea of sending DH and kids to the lounge for a quick breakfast and his coffee before we head out. We are going to be RD'ers for the first time ever so AWESOME SAUCE!!!!

Congratulations!! Business Class at CSR is the best experience any of the Mod resorts have to offer. The room location is awesome!!

The Coke won't be out in the morning, but they will grab you one if you ask.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:28 PM   #944
estephenson
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Congratulations!! Business Class at CSR is the best experience any of the Mod resorts have to offer. The room location is awesome!! The Coke won't be out in the morning, but they will grab you one if you ask.
what time does breakfast start? Earlier enough to grab something and make it to RD?
estephenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #945
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by estephenson View Post
what time does breakfast start? Earlier enough to grab something and make it to RD?
Lounge serves breakfast. 7am-10am.

We don't do rope drop so I can't really help with those questions.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: