Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #916
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie911 View Post
Thank you! And when do you ask for specific locations? When you check in? Or should I have done that when I booked?
Most people call in and ask to have a room request noted on their reservation. If the room they offer you when checking in doesn't reflect your request, politely ask if your room request is noted on your reservation and if there if it would be possible to honor it.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #917
oldtink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikster1 View Post
Washers and dyers are 2.00 a load. Machines take quarters. I found the dryer real hot and didn't need to do extra time. It ran for about an hour.

Will you bring a pop up toaster? We brought fans and extension cords with us.One on the nightstand and the other we put on a cooler next to the bed by the door.

We only ate breakfast one time at pepper mill since we ate in the BC lounge. Breakfast was roughly 10.00 for a meal. My husband and daughter split a large omelet with home fries.
Sorry, but I was just told that all laundry is debit card swipe? Price is correct.
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #918
Kristie911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Most people call in and ask to have a room request noted on their reservation. If the room they offer you when checking in doesn't reflect your request, politely ask if your room request is noted on your reservation and if there if it would be possible to honor it.
So I booked through a TA and I'm guessing it's too late. Oh well, we will be happy with whatever we get.
DD Lexi 3

Planning our first family Disney vacation!!

Kristie911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #919
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie911 View Post
So I booked through a TA and I'm guessing it's too late. Oh well, we will be happy with whatever we get.
It is not too late. Just tell your Travel Agent you would like to make a request. It's not a problem.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:36 PM   #920
vikster1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtink View Post
Sorry, but I was just told that all laundry is debit card swipe? Price is correct.
Maybe it changed in the past two months. I was there mid April and did laundry. It was 2.00. Had to use quarters.

Who said it is debit card swipe? Maybe someone on location can confirm.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #921
Pumbas
Mouseketeer

My DH & I stayed at CSR twice and really enjoyed the resort. Our last trip was in Dec. 2013 with my parents (they liked the resort, too.) We stayed in Casitas #5 and like this location very much. It was a short, pleasant walk to the main buildings. The bus stop was a quick walk (though building 4 is a little closer). Our building was very quiet, almost felt like we were the only ones there. I'm not sure this the best building for kids, since it is a bit of a walk Dig Site Pool. Casutas we're perfect for us adults. Our rooms were very clean and looked like they were recently remodeled. Beds were comfortable. We really did not like the food at the Pepper Market or the Quick Server, however the bakery, coffee, Gelato counter was good. We enjoyed Sitting outside eating an afternoon Gelato! Yum! The downfall to this past trip was the Cheerleading Convention. I believe this caused for the resort to busy and delays with the buses. Overall a beautiful resort.
Pumbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #922
shannon006
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if there are any conventions scheduled for 12/17-12/26?
Old 06-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #923
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
Does anyone know if there are any conventions scheduled for 12/17-12/26?
According to Buzz's site the only convention is December is Dec 29 – Jan 4, UCWDC Worlds.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:41 PM   #924
GillieRose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe it changed in the past two months. I was there mid April and did laundry. It was 2.00. Had to use quarters.

We just came home saturday and did laundry on Saturday. We had to use quarters...
Old 06-16-2014, 11:38 PM   #925
Ochio
Mouseketeer

We returned from CSR Sat, 6/14. Quarters only for the washer and dryers in Casitas 4. Everyone we encountered was pleasant. We had 4 standard rooms reserved and requested at the time we booked to be placed in Cabanas and to be near the Dig Site. We were told there were no rooms available in Cabanas and we were upgraded to water view rooms (2 lake view and 2 quiet pool view) and placed in Casitas 4. While we were very close to the quiet pool and bus stop 2, it was a hike to the main pool area. This was a disappointed since we had 4 teens and 3 children under 7 that would have loved the main pool area and activities. It was just too much of an effort to get everyone there after touring all morning. We used it once during our 8 night stay and used the quiet pool in front of us the other days. A positive about Casitas 4 was the closeness of the fitness center-we had two teens who worked out frequently. Food at Pepper Mkt was adequate. We ate nachos, flatbread pizza, pasta, and breakfast one morning. Looking back, I wish we would have tried moving to the Cabanas the next day. It would be nice if there was a bridge that connected the end of the Casitas section to the Dig Site, much like the one that is in front of the Cabanas. It was still a pleasant stay and we wouldn't hesitate staying here again for a third time.
Ochio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:08 PM   #926
shadowmender
Earning My Ears

Preferred King

I booked a Preferred King room. Where will I likely be placed? Any tips on a bldg request? Thanks so much!
shadowmender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #927
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmender View Post
I booked a Preferred King room. Where will I likely be placed? Any tips on a bldg request? Thanks so much!
According to post #3 of this thread Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are preferred so you'll be in one of those buildings.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:22 PM   #928
shadowmender
Earning My Ears

Thanks, Dansdad! I so appreciate your kind answer when it had already been clarified earlier. Very excited to visit CSR for the first time.
shadowmender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #929
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiceFan View Post
I haven't read the whole thread, so please forgive me if it's been discussed. I see that CSR has different options for birthday cakes than the other resorts. Has anyone had a CSR cake? I'm deciding between the strawberry shortcake or Oreo birthday cakes or I might just go with a standard Mickey head cake from a restaurant. I would love to see pictures of any of the CSR cakes but would like to at least know what you thought of them. I read through some of the cake chatter thread but those were mostly custom cakes & spending $100+ on a cake for the 4 of us doesn't appeal to me. Thanks in advance!
We got the chocolate mickey head cake with the mousse filling for my birthday during the fireworks cruise. It was $65 I think and worth every penny. We still talk about that cake and its been a few years.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #930
oldtink
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Got it from one of the people who runs Disney for Seniors site. They even showed how to avoid having your card ID swiped illegally. I guess I better get someone to tell so I bring quarters after all.
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: