Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #886
ciera321
DIS Veteran
 
ciera321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kansas City, MISSOURI
Posts: 4,233

We just got back from our 5th stay at CSR and, as usual, we loved it. We requested and got Ranchos 7A, which is our favorite building. We had 2 rooms, one for DH and me, and one for our DSs. We've stayed at many if the deluxe resorts and all the moderates, but still keep coming back to CSR! So beautiful! Mousekeeping gets extra points since they not only kept our rooms clean, but when our DS left his brand new Keen shoes that he had just gotten the day before we left at a cost of $105, in their room, they put them back with the room number and date we checked out.... I hate checking out! When I called to see if they were there, the head of housekeeping said, "Yes we have them and I'll be happy to mail them to you"! This made the second thing he lost on our trip. The first was his iPod, which he lost at MK, and someone turned it in. Thank you if you found and turned in an iPod in Friday, May 23!!!! Hopefully he learned his lesson about losing things! We can't wait to stay at our favorite resort again!
__________________
RobinTim Alex RyanPixieWinnie,[/B]AKL02*10 BC06 CBR96 CR89*97*07*08 CSR99*04*09*12*14 Poly08 POR05 WL04*06 POP11*14 FQ13*15



ciera321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #887
dmband
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,086

Woohoo
Just booked a May 15 trip
Dates not set in stone but I'm in
Been since 2010 if not earlier since I was at Coronado.
Requested building 8b (actually now not sure if I said a by mistake) to be central located for pool and food
Going with 13 total peeps, 6 kids
If anyone has anything they feel like sharing with me feel free, always up for tips



For some back reading fun http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023399
__________________

Last edited by dmband; 06-13-2014 at 08:59 PM.
dmband is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #888
dawgrif
Mouseketeer
 
dawgrif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Duffield, VA
Posts: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
I wonder... aren't the AC sensors motion activated to conserve energy when the room is empty and guests are asleep? If so, would it work to tie a balloon to the chair since it would likely move around with the ceiling fan on? Not really sure how the sensor works but it might be worth a try?

We are going to give this a try.

Our second day here and we have been to MK both days and I have to say the bus service has not been good. We have had to wait for buses 20+ minutes both from the resort and to the park. The kids have had to stand both to and from the park. I was just hoping for better bus service since our last stay at CBR the buses was the only negative there and that is why we chose CSR this time.
__________________
Sept 2010 - Pop Century
Jun 2012 - CBR
Jun 2014- CSR
dawgrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:50 PM   #889
dmband
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
I wonder... aren't the AC sensors motion activated to conserve energy when the room is empty and guests are asleep? If so, would it work to tie a balloon to the chair since it would likely move around with the ceiling fan on? Not really sure how the sensor works but it might be worth a try?
You can override the sensor

Thermostat #1 digital comfort control

On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters "bp" where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. You might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode after 24 hours.
AC Override


Thermostat #2 sensor stat ddc

To bypass this unit, press the Power and Cooler buttons at the same time. The display will show ‘BP’ which means bypass. The SensorStat will act as a thermostat only for 48 hours. To cancel Soft Bypass mode, press the Power and Fan buttons at the same time. The display will show ‘CA’. The SensorStat will automatically cancel soft bypass mode after 48 hours. To cancel Soft Bypass mode, press the Power and Fan buttons at the same time.
__________________

Last edited by dmband; 06-13-2014 at 11:57 PM.
dmband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:55 PM   #890
Nechville
DIS Veteran
 
Nechville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 863

I've read about skipping mousekeeping services and being able to still get a bag of supplies on your door. Can you do this at CSR? How do you do it? What supplies are in the bag?
Thanks!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:59 PM   #891
dmband
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
I've read about skipping mousekeeping services and being able to still get a bag of supplies on your door. Can you do this at CSR? How do you do it? What supplies are in the bag?
Thanks!
You can call and ask or sometimes they will just leave it
I have had both happen at different resorts

Towels, tp, soap, shampoo is what we got
__________________
dmband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:35 AM   #892
dawgrif
Mouseketeer
 
dawgrif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Duffield, VA
Posts: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
You can override the sensor Thermostat #1 digital comfort control On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters "bp" where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. You might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode after 24 hours. AC Override Thermostat #2 sensor stat ddc To bypass this unit, press the Power and Cooler buttons at the same time. The display will show ‘BP’ which means bypass. The SensorStat will act as a thermostat only for 48 hours. To cancel Soft Bypass mode, press the Power and Fan buttons at the same time. The display will show ‘CA’. The SensorStat will automatically cancel soft bypass mode after 48 hours. To cancel Soft Bypass mode, press the Power and Fan buttons at the same time.
I've did this each night and got the 'bp' and set the temp but I've still woke up each night to a 75 degree room. Maybe I'm doing something incorrect but I'm doing exactly what you have above.
__________________
Sept 2010 - Pop Century
Jun 2012 - CBR
Jun 2014- CSR
dawgrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #893
cassiejo2711
Mouseketeer
 
cassiejo2711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 158

Etiquette question: sorry to be off topic, but I want to make sure I'm doing this "right". When you subscribe to a thread do you post on it that you are subscribing? I am following several that have useful tips, info, etc, but I haven't posted anything. I just don't want to be seen as rude or trolling or anything.

Thank you for your help. Can't wait for our first stay at CSR!
cassiejo2711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #894
jenninaustin
Mouseketeer
 
jenninaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 423

Just back - great trip!

Just got back from a week at CSR and loved it. (Ranchos) I'm happy to answer any questions if anyone wants to PM me! (I might not check this thread too often as I'm obsessively combing through pics now...) Great staff, lovely resort, lots of walking of course, but that was no problem!
__________________
Really wish I had another countdown!

But our June 2014 visit was
Trip Report:June 2014 - "Ok, Mom...we'll let you meet a princess..."

Jenn
JennspirationTs
jenninaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #895
lilluv117
Mouseketeer
 
lilluv117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenninaustin View Post
Just got back from a week at CSR and loved it. (Ranchos) I'm happy to answer any questions if anyone wants to PM me! (I might not check this thread too often as I'm obsessively combing through pics now...) Great staff, lovely resort, lots of walking of course, but that was no problem!
Did you use the bus transportation? How was it? Frequent buses? long waits? Did they come quickly? We're they packed? I've heard mixed reviews about their transportation so I'm a little nervous about it but I'll go in with low expectations so I'm prepared to wait.
__________________



lilluv117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #896
vikster1
DIS Veteran
 
vikster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: jersey shore
Posts: 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilluv117 View Post
Did you use the bus transportation? How was it? Frequent buses? long waits? Did they come quickly? We're they packed? I've heard mixed reviews about their transportation so I'm a little nervous about it but I'll go in with low expectations so I'm prepared to wait.
My experiences with the bus system at CSR has been wonderful. Waited no more than 15. It did always seem like all the bus we were waiting for, came last. The buses just keep coming and going. One time we had the bus all alone. That was later in the day. Buses in the morning were usually 3/4 full. We never had to stand.
__________________
vikster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #897
podgirl
Earning My Ears
 
podgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 70

Silly question, but do they have ice cream at Pepper Market? I don't see it on the menu at AllEars.
__________________
Dec '09-POFQ, July '11- DLR, Aug '12-POR, Dec '13-POR, Aug '14-Pop (mother/son trip), Dec '14-CSR, Aug '15-TDS/TDL
podgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:53 PM   #898
shyjade
DIS Veteran
 
shyjade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by podgirl
Silly question, but do they have ice cream at Pepper Market? I don't see it on the menu at AllEars.
I read somewhere they have gelato....
__________________
(me) (DD16)
shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:23 PM   #899
dhorner233
Disneyophile
 
dhorner233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barstow, WA
Posts: 16,759

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiejo2711 View Post
Etiquette question: sorry to be off topic, but I want to make sure I'm doing this "right". When you subscribe to a thread do you post on it that you are subscribing? I am following several that have useful tips, info, etc, but I haven't posted anything. I just don't want to be seen as rude or trolling or anything.

Thank you for your help. Can't wait for our first stay at CSR!
Once you post on a thread, it automatically subscribes you. You do not have to post, you can go to "thread tools" and click on subscribe.

But, I often see people post "subscribing!" on a thread. I assume this is easier than using the thread tools?

Lots to learn on here!!
__________________
Denise
dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:30 PM   #900
dawgrif
Mouseketeer
 
dawgrif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Duffield, VA
Posts: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilluv117 View Post
Did you use the bus transportation? How was it? Frequent buses? long waits? Did they come quickly? We're they packed? I've heard mixed reviews about their transportation so I'm a little nervous about it but I'll go in with low expectations so I'm prepared to wait.


The first two days I was not impressed with the bus service to Magic Kingdom. However when we have went to Epcot, HS and AK the bus service has been exceptional!
__________________
Sept 2010 - Pop Century
Jun 2012 - CBR
Jun 2014- CSR
dawgrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: