Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2014, 05:59 AM   #76
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw

Ummm....main pool is right beside the Cabanas area not opposite side of resort. Also a very short 3 min walk to the restaurant.
I think they mean across the lake. I am here now, have Stayed before also and it is a short walk between the 2 but definitely not right beside. Esp. When compared to other resort, this one is much bigger and more spread out. Just be aware you will have to walk a ways to something, no matter which area you stay, even BC.
BTW, you can get your drinks to go in the lounge. Water is in carafe so you just pour into to-go cup to take it. No bottled water, we asked. Lol
Old 05-03-2014, 06:07 AM   #77
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
I think they mean across the lake. I am here now, have Stayed before also and it is a short walk between the 2 but definitely not right beside. Esp. When compared to other resort, this one is much bigger and more spread out. Just be aware you will have to walk a ways to something, no matter which area you stay, even BC.
BTW, you can get your drinks to go in the lounge. Water is in carafe so you just pour into to-go cup to take it. No bottled water, we asked. Lol
What has been in the BC lounge for breakfast items and the snacks at night?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2014, 06:10 AM   #78
bafleyanne
Earning My Ears

In the previous thread there was a picture. It was things like cold cereal, bagels, fruit, etc for the morning and crackers, cheese, hummus, veggies, dips, etc for afternoon/evening. Juice and coffee, soda in cans, beer and wine.

bafleyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #79
Emme
DIS Veteran

Check this link out from the other thread. Go about half way down the page and it will show the Lounge and what they serve! Hope this helps

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....023399&page=32
Old 05-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #80
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Check this link out from the other thread. Go about half way down the page and it will show the Lounge and what they serve! Hope this helps

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....023399&page=32
Those are my photos!

We are returning for another BC stay later this month for the 3rd time and can't wait!

The breakfast offerings are plenty enough to start your day, but the evening offerings are probably not enough to make a meal. (I know some of the Club Levels have generous evening offerings that many make a full meal from - this really won't work for CSR's BC!)

If the hours haven't changed, the Lounge is only open from 7-10am and then again from 5-10pm. We like to hit the Lounge around 5 for a light snack and sangria!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #81
JennyT2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bafleyanne View Post
I believe it's open 7-10 in the morning.
Thank you

Next DCL trip Aug/2015
JennyT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #82
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

We are saying here in a few weeks. ...

Were not big drinkers however we are snackers lol

Is BC that much better. .. are the food offerings worth an upgrade for a short trip?

Me DH DD DS

mrsmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #83
Disney before Sally
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmomo View Post
We are saying here in a few weeks. ... Were not big drinkers however we are snackers lol Is BC that much better. .. are the food offerings worth an upgrade for a short trip?
How many people would leave the park between 5-10pm just to get a snack for free from business class. Not a cream cheese pretzel, Mickey head ice cream, or dole whip, but crackers. I can't even make the sacrifice for being at pool when the lifeguard and slide are open. The alcohol BC offers is also not choice. Wondering how this is worth $40 extra / day?

Last edited by Disney before Sally; 05-03-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Disney before Sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #84
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

Subbing!

Hello! We were originally booked with a Memory Maker package for our third trip to Port Orleans Riverside in September. Once rumors of free dining surfaced, we decided to research alternate resorts. After digging through the original CSR thread and scouring every internet review possible, we decided to switch to CSR whether POR was excluded or not! We really love the theme of this resort and the cleanliness.

Yesterday morning I was on hold for an hour and a half (I even took a shower while I was waiting!! ) before I had to give up and take my daughter to school. Yes, I did consider letting her be tardy, but they were leaving for a field trip right after the first bell. Yes, I could have continued to hold since I was on my cell phone, but this trip is a surprise for her and I want to keep it that way!! Luckily, my best friend stuck it out for 2+ hours, and she was able to make the changes for me! Three cheers for best friends and free dining!

Our travel party will consist of my family (husband, two kids) and my best friend's family (her husband, her two kids, and her parents). We'll also be meeting up with our friend who now lives in New Jersey and her family (her two daughters, her parents, her boyfriend and his daughter). We've got all kinds of fun things planned, including all of our ADR's.

Now all we can do is get some insider tips on CSR and count down the days until we can make our FP+ selections!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
A Tale As Old As Time - Sept '13 PTR
"Mommy, this time it's all of our first times." April 28-May 3 TR
Magic In the Bayou...April 28-May 3 PTR
littlelovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #85
Emme
DIS Veteran

:0

Last edited by Emme; 05-03-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #86
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme

I am not paying an extra $50 a day... I am paying an extra $44 for the week!!!! Not sure where the $50 a day is coming from?
A few to maybe $10/night seems more reasonable but BC wasn't offered for my dates @ a discount so it was a little over $50 a night difference

Me DH DD DS

mrsmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #87
Disney before Sally
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I am not paying an extra $50 a day... I am paying an extra $44 for the week!!!! Not sure where the $50 a day is coming from?
Rack is standard at $135.54/night and BC at $173.04/night

Disney before Sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #88
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Staying at CSR in November. Has anyone ever stayed business class before? Would it be worth an extra $400?

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #89
Emme
DIS Veteran

** OK I apologize for the misinformation I posted earlier (now deleted). It does come to approx. $50 more a night. Just spoke with a CM at length. We wanted a moderate resort no question. Only CBR and CSR are available with free dining. CBR preferred room is in total for the week $59 more than the CSR business class we have booked. Here is how we are justifying the $59 a week difference between CSR and CBR .

1)We really wanted a preferred room and of course they were all out at CSR. As we all know CSR is huge and I definitely wanted a preferred location. The business class gives us that.

2) Queen Beds. CSR has them CBR does not.

3) The free continental breakfast. Won't have to pack cereal, buy milk...

4) Afternoon snacks/Wine. Nice little treat of chips/dip before we head out to dinner.

These are our main reasons. Again, we had the free dining plan so we really had to choose what was important to us between the two resorts being offered.

*So basically it came down to a preferred room at CSR or a preferred room at CBR and for a difference of $59 for the WEEK between the two. Hands down for us CSR WINS!!

Last edited by Emme; 05-03-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #90
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

I noticed that the website shows absolutely no availability for the 3rd week of September. My sister is hoping to stay there since both PO resorts are excluded from FD. Anyone know if there's any hope in some opening up when announce the FD general discount? Getting very nervous. Thx!

ToyStory3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: