Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #871
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinmom View Post
So if I want to be relatively close to El Central & the pool, I should ask for Cabanas 8a or 9b? still true? I also need a first floor room, so not sure which request they'd fulfill if any, but it can't hurt to ask.

I know my requests at all the Values & CBR by heart! I should have gone & checked out CBR on my last trip to know where I wanted to be.
Building 9b is now "business class" category at a premium rate so if you've booked standard level room, 9b would not be an option.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #872
Jarvis23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
No and no, but there are microwaves and toasters for guests to use at the food court.
Yes and no. There are microwaves available at check in only, first come first serve basis. THere is also a microwave in the seating area of Cafe Rix
Jarvis23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #873
vikster1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmmantini View Post
We're staying 8/15 - 8/24. DD12, DH43 and me 47. We will be arriving around 10 a.m. We may or may not have a rental car. It will depend on what rate we can get. We will probably use the main pool 3 or 4 times during our stay. I plan to do laundry in the middle of our stay. We'll spend most of our time at the parks and eat our meals at the park. We'll probably only eat breakfast at the resort. I've been debating whether have breakfast in the food court or bring bagels and cereal to save money.

What location would you recommend?

Do the rooms have microwaves or toasters? If not, can we use our own toaster?

Do I need quarters for the washers and dryers or can you charge it to your magic band?
Washers and dyers are 2.00 a load. Machines take quarters. I found the dryer real hot and didn't need to do extra time. It ran for about an hour.

Will you bring a pop up toaster? We brought fans and extension cords with us.One on the nightstand and the other we put on a cooler next to the bed by the door.

We only ate breakfast one time at pepper mill since we ate in the BC lounge. Breakfast was roughly 10.00 for a meal. My husband and daughter split a large omelet with home fries.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #874
iluvwdw_2002
Smile and ALWAYS have fun!!!

First time staying at CSR in November due to the FD offer. We have always stayed at POFQ, so I am anxiously learning as much as I can about CSR. Thank you soo much for this fabulous thread!

One question I have is, how would you get to and from the Boardwalk for dinner at Flying Fish? Would I take a bus to HS and then take a Boardwalk resort bus?

Another question, we are going with my DH, two girls, my mom, and my 'adopted' mom. We are going for my mom's 80th birthday! I noticed that there is spa on site..how much (ballpark) would a pedi cost? Also, is there a menu anywhere that I can look at? Thought it might be fun for the girls to get pedis to celebrate my mom's birthday. :-)

Thank you soo much!

iluvwdw_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:55 AM   #875
Ceryssa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvwdw_2002 View Post
First time staying at CSR in November due to the FD offer. We have always stayed at POFQ, so I am anxiously learning as much as I can about CSR. Thank you soo much for this fabulous thread!

One question I have is, how would you get to and from the Boardwalk for dinner at Flying Fish? Would I take a bus to HS and then take a Boardwalk resort bus?

Another question, we are going with my DH, two girls, my mom, and my 'adopted' mom. We are going for my mom's 80th birthday! I noticed that there is spa on site..how much (ballpark) would a pedi cost? Also, is there a menu anywhere that I can look at? Thought it might be fun for the girls to get pedis to celebrate my mom's birthday. :-)

Thank you soo much!
From the Disney World website:
Nail Services

Manicure
Starting at $35
Pedicure
Starting at $55
Paraffin Treatment Upgrade
Starting at $20

About the Boardwalk...we're going over there one night too. I think you could do the HS route, though I'm not sure if there's a bus or if you have to take the boat. I think you can even walk. We're probably going to take a cab. We're also staying there in November, first trip! Hope your trip is great and your mom has a fun birthday!
Ceryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:10 AM   #876
dawgrif
Mouseketeer

We are here now and the resort is really nice. The buses were PACKED last night going to Magic Kingdom and back to the resort. However we did not have to wait long for a bus.

The only complaint I have is the sensor thermostat. I have put in bypass but it keeps resetting while we are sleeping. We like it cool while sleeping but when you are not in bypass mode it gets really warm at night.
dawgrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:20 AM   #877
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceryssa View Post
From the Disney World website: Nail Services Manicure Starting at $35 Pedicure Starting at $55 Paraffin Treatment Upgrade Starting at $20 About the Boardwalk...we're going over there one night too. I think you could do the HS route, though I'm not sure if there's a bus or if you have to take the boat. I think you can even walk. We're probably going to take a cab. We're also staying there in November, first trip! Hope your trip is great and your mom has a fun birthday!
We took a few cabs for restaurants last year and it turned out great. It might be fun to take the bus to HS and then walk or take the boat to dinner. When your done you can pick up a cab, there are many in front of Boardwalk. I think we paid between $10-20 with tips depending on how far.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #878
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgrif View Post
We are here now and the resort is really nice. The buses were PACKED last night going to Magic Kingdom and back to the resort. However we did not have to wait long for a bus.

The only complaint I have is the sensor thermostat. I have put in bypass but it keeps resetting while we are sleeping. We like it cool while sleeping but when you are not in bypass mode it gets really warm at night.
This is a dumb question (and a serious one, not meant in a judgmental way), but don't the ceiling fans help during the night? I was looking forward to having a ceiling fan for exactly this reason. I've always had troubles with this same issue at the values but never deluxe resorts and I assumed it was because I kept the ceiling fan on at night (like I do at home during the summer months). I was really looking forward to staying comfortable during the night with the use of the ceiling fan on our upcoming stay at CSR.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #879
dawgrif
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
This is a dumb question (and a serious one, not meant in a judgmental way), but don't the ceiling fans help during the night? I was looking forward to having a ceiling fan for exactly this reason. I've always had troubles with this same issue at the values but never deluxe resorts and I assumed it was because I kept the ceiling fan on at night (like I do at home during the summer months). I was really looking forward to staying comfortable during the night with the use of the ceiling fan on our upcoming stay at CSR.
It does. It is just what you are used to. When I woke last night it was 75 in the room. We like it around 72 with a fan. Just 3 degrees I know but after a day in a hot park I like to be cold in my room.
dawgrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #880
dnelson25
Earning My Ears

I'm going to be staying at the Coronado in Dec., can't wait!
dnelson25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:33 PM   #881
Ceryssa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgrif View Post
It does. It is just what you are used to. When I woke last night it was 75 in the room. We like it around 72 with a fan. Just 3 degrees I know but after a day in a hot park I like to be cold in my room.
We like it cooler at night too, even with the fan. That's worrisome, my husband in particular gets really hot.
Ceryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #882
iluvwdw_2002
Smile and ALWAYS have fun!!!

Quote:
From the Disney World website: Nail Services Manicure Starting at $35 Pedicure Starting at $55 Paraffin Treatment Upgrade Starting at $20 About the Boardwalk...we're going over there one night too. I think you could do the HS route, though I'm not sure if there's a bus or if you have to take the boat. I think you can even walk. We're probably going to take a cab. We're also staying there in November, first trip! Hope your trip is great and your mom has a fun birthday!

Thank you so much!!! I totally forgot about taking a boat from HS!!! That would be fun!!! I want something special and different for my moms bday and I think she would enjoy that!!

iluvwdw_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #883
shyjade
DIS Veteran

I wonder... aren't the AC sensors motion activated to conserve energy when the room is empty and guests are asleep? If so, would it work to tie a balloon to the chair since it would likely move around with the ceiling fan on? Not really sure how the sensor works but it might be worth a try?
Old 06-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #884
catlady7
Earning My Ears

We took a cab and it only cost $5

Quote:
From the Disney World website:
Nail Services

Manicure
Starting at $35
Pedicure
Starting at $55
Paraffin Treatment Upgrade
Starting at $20

About the Boardwalk...we're going over there one night too. I think you could do the HS route, though I'm not sure if there's a bus or if you have to take the boat. I think you can even walk. We're probably going to take a cab. We're also staying there in November, first trip! Hope your trip is great and your mom has a fun birthday!
catlady7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:44 PM   #885
catlady7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvwdw_2002 View Post
Thank you so much!!! I totally forgot about taking a boat from HS!!! That would be fun!!! I want something special and different for my moms bday and I think she would enjoy that!!

We tried the boat thing but just be prepared for a very long trip to get there. We waited for the hollywood studios bus then had to wait for the boat. It took an hour to get there where if you take a cab you are there in five minutes. The boat stops at the dolphin hotel, yacht club then boardwalk.
catlady7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: