Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #856
arothrock
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
You are correct. The CM on the phone is mistaken. There is no Business Class waterview category. Just Standard and King. All the rooms have a "water" view. There are 9 on the front side and 14 on the back. I have made the same request as you for our next trip. Hopefully it works out for both of us!

The back side of the building wouldn't be the end of the world, but I would prefer the front side. I think only 5 of the front side rooms are on the 2nd floor. It will really depend on the occupancy the day we check-in.
Thanks for your response! We are getting in around 11 in the morning so hoping our rooms will be ready. What did you ask for? I am thinking of calling back and asking them to put down Lagoon view but I don't want to be a pain. When I called to make my reservations and when I called back to put in the request neither person knew very much about the BC rooms. We are going November 9 - 16th, 2014.
arothrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #857
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arothrock View Post
Thanks for your response! We are getting in around 11 in the morning so hoping our rooms will be ready. What did you ask for? I am thinking of calling back and asking them to put down Lagoon view but I don't want to be a pain. When I called to make my reservations and when I called back to put in the request neither person knew very much about the BC rooms. We are going November 9 - 16th, 2014.
I asked for 2nd floor on the Digsite side. That way there's no confusion about which lagoon or what is the front of the building...lol.

This is the way I made the request last December and it was granted.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #858
scrappinmom
Still Tagless.......

Is it still true to call the resort directly about 10 days before arrival to make your room requests? Or are you guys all calling as you make the initial reservation?

Just wondering, we've never stayed at CSR before so I'm not super picky about where we wind up.

scrappinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #859
arothrock
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I asked for 2nd floor on the Digsite side. That way there's no confusion about which lagoon or what is the front of the building...lol.

This is the way I made the request last December and it was granted.
I am going to call back and ask for the Digsite side, 2nd floor. Hopefully this will work for me too! Thanks!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:49 PM   #860
arothrock
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinmom View Post
Is it still true to call the resort directly about 10 days before arrival to make your room requests? Or are you guys all calling as you make the initial reservation?

Just wondering, we've never stayed at CSR before so I'm not super picky about where we wind up.
I was calling now and adding the request to my reservation even though it isn't until November, LOL. I am not sure about calling the resort directly. I haven't tried that before.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #861
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

new to CSR

This will be our first trip staying at CSR. I noticed on the Disney site it calls one of the room categories Standard View - Business Class , is this the same as the business club level that is referred to on this thread?

Sorry if this has been asked before, and I appreciate the help.

Last edited by nyrebecca; 06-11-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: said CBR instead of CSR
nyrebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #862
laurenfratt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
This will be our first trip staying at CSR. I noticed on the Disney site it calls one of the room categories Standard View - Business Class , is this the same as the business club level that is referred to on this thread? Sorry if this has been asked before, and I appreciate the help.
Yes!
laurenfratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:31 PM   #863
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
This will be our first trip staying at CSR. I noticed on the Disney site it calls one of the room categories Standard View - Business Class , is this the same as the business club level that is referred to on this thread?

Sorry if this has been asked before, and I appreciate the help.
Yes, the Standard view BC rooms have 2 Queen beds and the King BC rooms have 1 King bed.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #864
martinyoung54
martinyoung

hi there, me n my family are having our first ever visit to a disney resort and are staying at coranado spring late October ,and we are very excited. where is the best place to stay at the resort as my children love to go swimming .
martinyoung54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #865
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinyoung54 View Post
hi there, me n my family are having our first ever visit to a disney resort and are staying at coranado spring late October ,and we are very excited. where is the best place to stay at the resort as my children love to go swimming .
Request a room in the Cabanas section, they are closest to the main pool.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:52 PM   #866
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

waves

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinmom View Post

send them a fax about 2 weeks before arrival
Fax number: (407) 939-1001

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #867
lmmantini
Mouseketeer

We're staying 8/15 - 8/24. DD12, DH43 and me 47. We will be arriving around 10 a.m. We may or may not have a rental car. It will depend on what rate we can get. We will probably use the main pool 3 or 4 times during our stay. I plan to do laundry in the middle of our stay. We'll spend most of our time at the parks and eat our meals at the park. We'll probably only eat breakfast at the resort. I've been debating whether have breakfast in the food court or bring bagels and cereal to save money.

What location would you recommend?

Do the rooms have microwaves or toasters? If not, can we use our own toaster?

Do I need quarters for the washers and dryers or can you charge it to your magic band?
Old 06-12-2014, 12:29 PM   #868
scrappinmom
Still Tagless.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
send them a fax about 2 weeks before arrival
Fax number: (407) 939-1001
Thanks!

Old 06-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #869
scrappinmom
Still Tagless.......

So if I want to be relatively close to El Central & the pool, I should ask for Cabanas 8a or 9b? still true? I also need a first floor room, so not sure which request they'd fulfill if any, but it can't hurt to ask.

I know my requests at all the Values & CBR by heart! I should have gone & checked out CBR on my last trip to know where I wanted to be.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #870
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmmantini View Post

Do the rooms have microwaves or toasters? If not, can we use our own toaster?
No and no, but there are microwaves and toasters for guests to use at the food court.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: