Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #826
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveyoumost View Post
Do you know is this just going to be a room refurb or will amenities like the main pool be affected? I'm really nervous now.
It's a major room refurb. I think the pool was done a couple years ago.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #827
~Piglet~
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Full credit to Buzz the number one source of CSR information on the Internet for getting confirmation on this!

CSR will undergo a full refurb beginning in August. Room design and furniture will be affected. This is awesome news!!

Quite amazing how this flew under the radar. The CBR refurb has been big news for quite sometime now, but only minimal rumours of a CSR refurb.

They are starting in the Casitas preferred rooms. I'm not sure at this point how long this will take or which section is next. Some of us who are going in November and December could very well have a new room!!
How long does a Resort refurb usually take? We are there next May, it would be nice to have a new-ish room

May 2005 - 18 days, 2 weeks at Pop Century and 4 days Gulf Coast
May 2010 - 3 weeks including our Wedding - 10 days at the Pop, 7 days POR
and 5 days Honeymoon onboard the Disney Wonder

October 2012 - 17 days at CSR
May 2015 - 17 days at CSR again
~Piglet~ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #828
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Piglet~ View Post
How long does a Resort refurb usually take? We are there next May, it would be nice to have a new-ish room
I think the refurb at POR took about a year, so they should have about 75% done by then. Most likely done all of Casitas and Ranchos. They won't be done Cabanas by then though. Booking a preferred room, which is Casitas 1-3 would get you a refurbed room in May.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #829
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm told the Cabanas section which includes Business Class will be done last. So probably not until sometime in the spring when they get through the rest of buildings. Cabanas is by far the most requested area at CSR and apparently the last time they did a refurb they did Cabanas first. It caused mass chaos. Anyone who wasn't put in Cabanas was very angry. So having said that it makes sense to do them last. We only want to stay in the BC rooms there now, so from a personal stand point I'm disappointed, but I understand why they are doing them this order. They are starting at Casitas 1, then 2, and working around the lagoon in that order.
So my hope of Casitas 4 in November is not looking so good.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #830
pbcanderson
Earning My Ears

We are going to Coronado in October cannot wait to get there it has been 4 plus years since we went. We are hoping to have a magical time at the parks and have stayed at Coronado once for one night and are now booked for 4,nights with a water view.
pbcanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #831
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
So my hope of Casitas 4 in November is not looking so good.
Obviously I have know way of knowing for sure, but I would guess in November they would be working on Casitas 3 or 4. I think you would enjoy Casitas 5 as well.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #832
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcanderson View Post
We are going to Coronado in October cannot wait to get there it has been 4 plus years since we went. We are hoping to have a magical time at the parks and have stayed at Coronado once for one night and are now booked for 4,nights with a water view.
Have fun!!!
Old 06-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #833
pbcanderson
Earning My Ears

Thanks we will
pbcanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:32 AM   #834
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post

Like all properties within the Walt Disney World Resort, Coronado Springs is serviced by WDW Transportation. The only transportation option available at this location is the bus. However, Coronado is one of the few resorts on property that does not share buses with any other resort. There are 4 stops around the resort:
Bus stop 1: El Centro
Bus stop 2: Cabanas
Bus stop 3: Ranchos
Bus stop 4: Casitas

However, the buses DO NOT visit the stops in that order. When the THEME PARK (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom) buses enter the resort they proceed to Bus stop 4, then 3, then 2, and lastly 1. When the DOWNTOWN DISNEY/TYPHOON LAGOON or BLIZZARD BEACH buses enter the resort they proceed to Bus stop 1, then 2, then 3, then 4. The thought process behind this transportation strategy is that you can hop on a THEME park bus to go to El Centro and then hop on a DOWNTOWN DISNEY bus and return to your room.
Great thread and big thanks for maintaining it! I assume this might be a typo but figured I added my 2 cents...

Bus only run clockwise.

* Buses going to the parks enter the resort and visit stops in this order: 2, 3, 4 and finally stop 1.

* Downtown Disney buses first stop at stop 1, then 2, 3 and then 4.

* There's now an internal bus but it goes to Blizzard Beach as well making a loop. First stop is 1 then 2, 3 and 4. Then BB, and back to stop 1.

Note that a bus returning from a park or DD during the day may change the stop schedules depending on where they go next. For example, if the DD bus will go to a park, it will follow the 2-3-4-1 stops.

The last couple of buses of the day coming in from a park will typically follow a 1-2-3-4 as they will go offline afterwards.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #835
cinmouse
Mouseketeer

How do you know if there will be a convention during your stay? if they are starting a refurb I would think this will then also limited the # of rooms if a convention is also the same time.
cinmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #836
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinmouse View Post
How do you know if there will be a convention during your stay? if they are starting a refurb I would think this will then also limited the # of rooms if a convention is also the same time.
Just to put this into perspective for everyone.

There is approx 2000 rooms at CSR in 13 buildings. They are refurbing only 1 building at a time. That means only about 150 rooms are out of circulation at one time during the refurb. 150 out of 2000 will have a very minimal effect on operations. The building being worked on will not be used and the construction is inside the rooms. This means no noise or vacation disruption for anyone staying there. Unless you walk right up to the construction area you won't even know it is going on.

This refurb is exciting not negative!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #837
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just to put this into perspective for everyone.

There is approx 2000 rooms at CSR in 13 buildings. They are refurbing only 1 building at a time. That means only about 150 rooms are out of circulation at one time during the refurb. 150 out of 2000 will have a very minimal effect on operations. The building being worked on will not be used and the construction is inside the rooms. This means no noise or vacation disruption for anyone staying there. Unless you walk right up to the construction area you won't even know it is going on.

This refurb is exciting not negative!
Well said! I think people are worried this will be like the MAJOR construction going on at Poly which is affecting the overall resort. My guess is most would have no clue there are room renovations going on at CSR without reading about it or being contacted by Disney the category they booked is no longer available.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:45 PM   #838
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Well said! I think people are worried this will be like the MAJOR construction going on at Poly which is affecting the overall resort. My guess is most would have no clue there are room renovations going on at CSR without reading about it or being contacted by Disney the category they booked is no longer available.
Yeah the Poly situation is different. They are basically reconstructing most of the resort. This is a room refurb. Anyone who is concerned should read through the CBR thread. The room refurb has begun there. All current guests are reporting no noise or disturbances of any kind. They are all very excited on that thread.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #839
Gru
Mouseketeer

How bad are the rooms now if they are refurbishing them? We stayed in connecting rooms at CBR last summer and the rooms were horrible. The rugs were stained, bathroom ceilings were moldy, there was dust accumulation on light fixtures and the rooms just had a musty smell to them. After our last trip my husband didn't want to stay onsite again! I convinced him to try CSR for our August trip. Please tell me the rooms aren't that bad! Should we change to POR?
Old 06-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #840
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gru View Post
How bad are the rooms now if they are refurbishing them? We stayed in connecting rooms at CBR last summer and the rooms were horrible. The rugs were stained, bathroom ceilings were moldy, there was dust accumulation on light fixtures and the rooms just had a musty smell to them. After our last trip my husband didn't want to stay onsite again! I convinced him to try CSR for our August trip. Please tell me the rooms aren't that bad! Should we change to POR?
I'm booked for connecting rooms this Dec. Are there certain buildings that have connecting rooms. I stayed at CBR last time and I would give Mousekeeping a C- I was hoping it would be better at CSR.

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: