Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 11:58 PM   #811
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiehallow View Post
I just popped over to Buzz's site and his board, and did not see any changes to the refurb schedule. Where does he have it posted? I wanted to look at the dates. We have a preferred room booked for early September, and I am a bit worried.
He originally had PMed me the info. I had heard some stuff I asked him to look into. His contacts at CSR confirmed the refurb. He has posted this in the main forum area. He hasn't made any official updates to his site as the details and time frame are sketchy at this point. All we know for sure is that it starts in August with the Casitas area. They have already contacted some people to move to different rooms. I suspect if you haven't been contacted they have enough people moved at this point.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #812
cramtoer
Earning My Ears

We get to fly in a day early to save $$$ courtesy of Southwest's fall fare sale. So our new dates are Oct 1 - 12
cramtoer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #813
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

waves

what is Buzz's site?? anyone?

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! But not our last! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3359150
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #814
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
what is Buzz's site?? anyone?
Not allowed here. Google his name and the name of the resort!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:52 AM   #815
vikster1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post

When choosing between CSR and CBR for our trip the only thing that really made me hesitant about not trying CBR is that I knew they would be refurbished rooms which would have been nice.
But now maybe I will get one at CSR! Hmmm I wonder how far along they will be by mid December. If I recall, it can really take a good long time to get the whole resort done. We are booked in a standard room, so I guess all we can do is request a refurbed room when it gets closer and cross our fingers. It wouldn't make or break the trip but it sure would be nice!
Are there any prototype pictures or details floating around out there?
I tried going into the survey to export the pics but it won't let me open the survey since I already took it. The pics of the remodel were beautiful. Stand up shower with glass doors and all new modern tile. The blue/red/yellow tiles were removed. The survey was sent May 6th.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #816
barbbarnes
Earning My Ears

Just wondering we are headed to CSR Aug 17 to 23 and I have requested Casita building 4 to be close to stop 2. I recently read on the thread that the preferred buildings would be closed due to refurb in August. Is the whole Casita section unavailable? I requested Casita because my mother in law is handicapped and I thought it would be easier for her to get to the main building and she would have a seat on the bus being at the 1st stop. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
barbbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #817
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbbarnes View Post
Just wondering we are headed to CSR Aug 17 to 23 and I have requested Casita building 4 to be close to stop 2. I recently read on the thread that the preferred buildings would be closed due to refurb in August. Is the whole Casita section unavailable? I requested Casita because my mother in law is handicapped and I thought it would be easier for her to get to the main building and she would have a seat on the bus being at the 1st stop. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
I'm pretty sure they just close 1 building at a time. Most likely starting on Casitas 1 and working forward. I'm guessing they won't get to Casitas 4 until much later in the fall.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #818
Danadanes
Earning My Ears

Checking in on SUNDAY!!! Cannot wait~~
Danadanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #819
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

I hope the refurb includes some rooms for 5. The pics of CBR protoype rooms I've seen floating around show the murphy bed/bench that POR has.

More opetions for a family of 5 would be GREAT!
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, WL

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:46 PM   #820
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Hoping someone can help. I have never stayed at CSR before. I just upgraded us from pop I early sept. I booked preferred room king size bed. Which bldg should I ask for. Want to be closest to a bus stop and no more than about a 5-7 minute walk from main bldg. thanks!
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13,9/13,5/14

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD

Last edited by tony609; 06-06-2014 at 08:21 AM.
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #821
Momoftwins+1
Mouseketeer

Just back from our stay at the CSR. It was great!!! I will say that for those wanting to go to Magic Kingdom first thing in the AM (park opening times) and evening nearing the fireworks times/parades....take the extra little walk and go to Bus Stop 2 (first pick up). Do NOT go to Bus Stop 1...most of the time it is filled by 4, or at 4. All the other parks we had no trouble really getting on at any of the bus stops.
Business class was great. My parents (70's) loved it and it was most definitely enough for a quick bite in the AM for those that don't eat huge breakfasts. It was nice to unwind at the lounge in the evening (we were there with 3 kids so late late nights only happened a couple times).
Registration people were great, concierge was very helpful, especially 15 mins before our bus back to the airport when one of our sons realized he had left his POC medallion hanging on a lamp in the room we had checked out of. They saved a huge cry fest on the bus back to the airport (huge applause from a overtired mommy).
Kids loved the DIG site and waterslide as well as the quiet pool in Cabanas.
The ladies at the gift shop and Pepper Market were great with the boys.
Walking, while there is some doesn't take that long. We never took more than 5-7 mins to get from BC to Bus Stop 2 (MK mornings) and that's travelling with 2 seniors, and 3 kids under 10 (and us, 30 somethings).

There were a few small groups in the convention this past week but other than them being dressed up we didn't notice them at all.

We would definitely stay at CSR again. We love the handiness of the Contemporary for MK but CSR BC is a close second!

Beautiful resort, flowers everywhere, and plenty of lizards, bunnies and ducks to keep the kids entertained. Never did see the Alligator though. Everyone who has reservations, enjoy your stay!!!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #822
Momoftwins+1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Full credit to Buzz the number one source of CSR information on the Internet for getting confirmation on this!

CSR will undergo a full refurb beginning in August. Room design and furniture will be affected. This is awesome news!!

Quite amazing how this flew under the radar. The CBR refurb has been big news for quite sometime now, but only minimal rumours of a CSR refurb.

They are starting in the Casitas preferred rooms. I'm not sure at this point how long this will take or which section is next. Some of us who are going in November and December could very well have a new room!!
We just got back and I was told the refurb was in the near future. How exciting for everyone over the next yearish...new rooms are always nice! Our room in BC was already very pretty but I could see how they could update the bathrooms etc. I was told they are going to try and add more adjoining doors in the BC area.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #823
mzalicia
Mouseketeer

Any idea if/when the Business Class building will be refurbed?

mzalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #824
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzalicia View Post
Any idea if/when the Business Class building will be refurbed?
I'm told the Cabanas section which includes Business Class will be done last. So probably not until sometime in the spring when they get through the rest of buildings.

Cabanas is by far the most requested area at CSR and apparently the last time they did a refurb they did Cabanas first. It caused mass chaos. Anyone who wasn't put in Cabanas was very angry. So having said that it makes sense to do them last.

We only want to stay in the BC rooms there now, so from a personal stand point I'm disappointed, but I understand why they are doing them this order. They are starting at Casitas 1, then 2, and working around the lagoon in that order.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #825
Iloveyoumost
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I'm told the Cabanas section which includes Business Class will be done last. So probably not until sometime in the spring when they get through the rest of buildings. Cabanas is by far the most requested area at CSR and apparently the last time they did a refurb they did Cabanas first. It caused mass chaos. Anyone who wasn't put in Cabanas was very angry. So having said that it makes sense to do them last. We only want to stay in the BC rooms there now, so from a personal stand point I'm disappointed, but I understand why they are doing them this order. They are starting at Casitas 1, then 2, and working around the lagoon in that order.
Do you know is this just going to be a room refurb or will amenities like the main pool be affected? I'm really nervous now.
Iloveyoumost is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: