Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #766
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manders77 View Post
I've been researching resorts like crazy for our Fall 2015 trip. CSR is one of the resorts I'm considering. One question I had is because of being a convention resort, does the resort feel like a business resort? I'm just worried with having two kids (who will be 5 & 7 at the time of travel next year) that the resort will be ...I don't know the word to describe it, but stuffy.

We used to live in Orlando so never had much resort experience. Stayed at weekend at CBR, just slept there really, and in 2012 after we moved away ,we went back and stayed at All Star Music. I remember seeing a CM doing drawings of guests and other fun things going on. I know they do stuff at the main pool but do they have those things at El Centro?
We have 36 nights at CSR under our belt and 14 more booked this December. I've never really even noticed any "business people". The only times I have noticed a convention was going on it involved kids. During one of our stays there was a national scholastic chess championship going on and there were kids walking around carrying there chess sets. The other time there were some kids basketball teams staying at CSR for a few nights.

We vacation in Orlando every December. We come from western Canada and its -30 when we leave. We want to stay at a resort that feels tropical and warm. CSR makes me feel like I'm in Mexico. For us anyway, there is no "business feel" at all. I love laying on the hammocks in the Cabanas area.
saskdw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #767
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
This is my same struggle! Our flight doesn't land until 12:30am so I really don't want to be pulling luggage to 6A at 2am in the dark (it will just be DD16 and I). BC seems like a waste when we are spending so much time in the parks. I keep going back and forth...should I spring for BC (I've already booked it just in case because I know it books up fast) or should I chance it with Standard? Wondering if I note on our ressie we are 2 women traveling alone and arriving during the night and would like to be somewhat close to the lobby, they will take that into consideration? We check in on a Tuesday (Nov 4) during a slower week...no discounts or FD and still lots of resort availability.

I've been struggling with this decision so much. Part of me is tempted to just go back to Pop and save the $600 over CSR's BC, but I really want to stay at CSR! And if I'm going to spend the money on preferred or water view, I might as well spend the extra $150 and stay BC, KWIM? And I've read so many "never again" posts about the standard rooms that it makes me very nervous. We were stuck in the boonies at AKL once and it really ruined our stay. It was a hike to food, pool, lobby, bus, etc. and one night we didn't even eat because DD was young and so exhausted and refused to leave walk anywhere else, and I couldn't leave her alone in the room.

Last year we didn't eat dinner our first night because we couldn't leave our room at Pop because our MB's wouldn't unlock the door (and the key card machine was broke). Hmmm....I'm seeing a trend here. Maybe I should go ahead and book BC (or pack a lunch?!)
At least in business class you can run to the lobby for food and drinks !!!!!

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! But not our last! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3359150
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #768
JenniferMA1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBean View Post
Welcome we are staying same dates!
Thanks, that's great! It'll be me and my 15 yr old daughter. Really looking forward to a quiet, comfortable, classy and beautiful resort. I lived in Florida and have been to Disney countless times, but never stayed on property until last year with my daughters dance studio. We were at ASM. It was lots of fun, but I'm looking for a different experience this time.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #769
missnic07
DIS Veteran

I'm guessing no...but there doesn't happen to be an iron in the rooms does there? It will save me bringing a travel iron if there is.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #770
typewrittenwolf
Earning My Ears

Call mousekeeping they can sometimes provide one. I honestly didn't look for one.
typewrittenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #771
Jarvis23
Mouseketeer

CSR rooms have an iron and ironing board in the closest
Jarvis23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #772
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missnic07 View Post
I'm guessing no...but there doesn't happen to be an iron in the rooms does there? It will save me bringing a travel iron if there is.
You guessed wrong!

All CSR rooms have an iron and board.
saskdw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #773
georgina
I dream of Mousey with the big black ears
I've embraced my gray hairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manders77 View Post
I've been researching resorts like crazy for our Fall 2015 trip. CSR is one of the resorts I'm considering. One question I had is because of being a convention resort, does the resort feel like a business resort? I'm just worried with having two kids (who will be 5 & 7 at the time of travel next year) that the resort will be ...I don't know the word to describe it, but stuffy.

We used to live in Orlando so never had much resort experience. Stayed at weekend at CBR, just slept there really, and in 2012 after we moved away ,we went back and stayed at All Star Music. I remember seeing a CM doing drawings of guests and other fun things going on. I know they do stuff at the main pool but do they have those things at El Centro?
I was there Monday-Friday last week and did see a few business people in the morning. The resort seemed very quiet and rather empty for the most part, which is what I was looking for. The time I spent in El Centro, it was quiet also. There were activities and kids having fun at the pool but I did not see activity of the type you describe at El Centro. There were plenty of kids on the buses, but they were not hanging out at El Centro.

georgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #774
missnic07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis23 View Post
CSR rooms have an iron and ironing board in the closest
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
You guessed wrong! All CSR rooms have an iron and board.
You have no idea how happy this makes me lol! Thanks
Old 06-02-2014, 04:41 PM   #775
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post

All CSR rooms have an iron and board.
..... see .... ???

IMGP7041 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 06-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #776
missnic07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
..... see .... ??? IMGP7041 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr .
Thankyou! It will leave more room in my suitcase now
Old 06-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #777
ckergald
Earning My Ears

For anyone that has stayed recently, is the hot tub back in good working order ? The last 2 times I've stayed here only 2 of the jets were working, 1 of which was very hot almost burning hot, and the other was so powerful it would push you along the seat. The hot tubs are one of the main reasons I choose a moderate resort over the values.
ckergald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #778
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

I'm coming in late on Thursday night and leaving on Sunday morning. Noticed there's a convention ending on Thursday and another one starting on Monday.

Hopefully I'd be able to get an upgrade when we get in? Should I still do online check-in or wait to get there and look for an upgrade?

We're only doing SWW and the idea is to be close to El Centro to be able to get a cab early in the morning on Fri and Sat

TIA.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #779
MeanestMomEver
Oh Boy!

We are staying at the CSR for the first time next week. This thread has been awesome and I just want to say thanks for all the good info you all share.

We will arrive early Sunday morning and hope to leave our bags with bell services and head to a park. (We'll have a rental car since my husband will be attending a conference over near Universal.). Since I will be there well before check in, I'm wondering if that might be an opportunity to inquire about room requests. Any thoughts?

Either way, I welcome any advice about what section to request-if that's even do-able. We will not have children with us. We are looking forward to the pools. And I have allergy induced asthma so I'm a little worried about any extra walking in the humidity. I get that it's Disney and I'll be walking miles and miles all week. But anywhere I can cut back is helpful, especially in highest humidity.

Another question:
Are there lots of places to fill mugs? I see there are poolside bars. Do they do refills? We usually like to buy mugs and drink a lot of iced tea (not coffee at all) but if I'm in a building that makes it inconvenient, we probably will not.

Finally...
I'll have at least two days on my own while hubby is busy. I plan to spend them taking photos for my paintings and relaxing by the pool. Any tips for me? I'll also be having lunch at the resort. Is there a signature/popular dish or desert or snack unique to the CSR? Is the spa still open? Anyone have a link or know manicure prices?

I'm really excited to try a new resort (tho apprehensive about it being so spread out). I welcome all advice.

1975 DL, Grandma's House in Van Nuys
1985 WDW sorta-honeymoon, off site
1991 WDW offsite
2003 Contemporary
2008 Shades of Green
2010 Yacht Club
2014 Contemporary (March)
2014 Coronado Springs (June)
2014 Port Orleans French Quarter (September)
MeanestMomEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #780
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckergald View Post
For anyone that has stayed recently, is the hot tub back in good working order ? The last 2 times I've stayed here only 2 of the jets were working, 1 of which was very hot almost burning hot, and the other was so powerful it would push you along the seat. The hot tubs are one of the main reasons I choose a moderate resort over the values.
. I was there mid may and there was a sign that it was out of order. There were no jets and no heat

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: