Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #736
Emme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
The lounge is on the 1st floor close to the middle of front side of the 9B complex. There are 23 standard BC rooms. 9 of the front side and 14 on the back. Front side is facing the main lagoon and Digstite pool area, backside has a smaller lagoon. The front side would be considered more desirable by most, however the lagoon out back is nice as well. You will want the 1st floor as you should be able to pull a couple chairs out with out blocking the walkway, on the second floor you would block most of the walkway. The backside would have a lot less people walking by so might be better as well. There are also benches and hammocks out front to sit and enjoy the view.
Just want to say a big "THANK YOU" saskdw!! You are always so helpful with everyone's questions! You are a giant plethora of info and I appreciate all your contributions. Makes me get more and more excited with every detail I am learning !
Old 05-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #737
desiree71081
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiehallow View Post
You originally said they requested your adjustment due to maintenance. I checked out the refurbishment schedule here.
They don't show any scheduled refurbishments. I am not sure if they consider maintenance the same as refurbishments however.
I did the same thing.

The only thing that makes sense to me at this point is that there is a conference the first two days we are there.

I am thinking that it's most likely that their conference attendees are asking for preferred rooms and they are trying to accommodate them and are trying to move some of the non conference guests around.

desiree71081 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #738
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Just want to say a big "THANK YOU" saskdw!! You are always so helpful with everyone's questions! You are a giant plethora of info and I appreciate all your contributions. Makes me get more and more excited with every detail I am learning !
You are welcome! That's what DIS is all about!

Because we usually go for 14 nights at a time we have a lot more downtime than most, so I've spent a lot more time exploring the resort than most. We've also stayed in all 3 sections. So I'm glad to share the knowledge to help people plan their stay.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #739
vikster1
DIS Veteran

Here is a pic of the business lounge. 1st floor. It is the size of 4 rooms rooms.

This is the backside of 9b looking at the pond. Lots of turtles sunning.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #740
FamiliaRivera
Earning My Ears

Traveling with my kids (3 and 2) DH, and mom in September. Really looking forward for this trip. The first one of many, hopefully.
FamiliaRivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:41 PM   #741
ElsaColon
Mouseketeer ......................... .............. The Florida heat never bothered me anyway.

Ranchos v. Casitas

I've stayed in both the Ranchos and the Casitas and in my opinion the Ranchos were far better and a completely different experience.

The Ranchos were very close to El Centro and had its own pool but not too far from the dig site either. I loved the view from the Ranchos area as well, looking out to the main building over the lake, it was so grand and beautiful.

Another pro was how close it was to the bus stop! I also loved the sand, hammocks and the overall feel of the Ranchos much better.

The casitas were okay don't get me wrong but for being a "preferred" room I felt as though it was further from El Centro, bus stops and definitely the dig site. The area was so drab and I didn't get that beautiful view like I did near the Ranchos. Everything felt so closed in.

The Casitas may have had its own pool but i don't recall seeing it. It was also a maze to get to our room so I didn't bother searching for another pooll. Again, I found it much easier to navigate around the Ranchos area.

As far as parking I had to park much farther from my room in the Casitas area and the Ranchos was just the opposite.

This is all just my opinion and maybe I just got a really great Ranchos room location but if I stay there again I will only request Ranchos as my room choice! It's such an amazing resort. It was my favorite moderate until I stayed in the POR Princess rooms. Now that is my favorite mod! lol
May 4th at Port Orleans Riverside
ElsaColon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #742
missnic07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsaColon View Post
I've stayed in both the Ranchos and the Casitas and in my opinion the Ranchos were far better and a completely different experience. The Ranchos were very close to El Centro and had its own pool but not too far from the dig site either. I loved the view from the Ranchos area as well, looking out to the main building over the lake, it was so grand and beautiful. Another pro was how close it was to the bus stop! I also loved the sand, hammocks and the overall feel of the Ranchos much better. The casitas were okay don't get me wrong but for being a "preferred" room I felt as though it was further from El Centro, bus stops and definitely the dig site. The area was so drab and I didn't get that beautiful view like I did near the Ranchos. Everything felt so closed in. The Casitas may have had its own pool but i don't recall seeing it. It was also a maze to get to our room so I didn't bother searching for another pooll. Again, I found it much easier to navigate around the Ranchos area. As far as parking I had to park much farther from my room in the Casitas area and the Ranchos was just the opposite. This is all just my opinion and maybe I just got a really great Ranchos room location but if I stay there again I will only request Ranchos as my room choice! It's such an amazing resort. It was my favorite moderate until I stayed in the POR Princess rooms. Now that is my favorite mod! lol
I've requested Cabanas, but after reading this I don't think I'll be disappointed with Ranchos either

Last edited by missnic07; 05-29-2014 at 05:02 PM.
missnic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #743
Dismomof2boys
Disney World Veteran

A couple of questions about CSR:
1. We have a party of 13 staying there and we really want to use the sand volleyball area for a friendly game between family members . Do they have a ball there or should I go out and buy one and bring it along?
2. Are there bikes to rent at the resort? My son just learned to ride and he really wants to ride a bike there. He wants us to bring his bike, but no way are we fitting it in the van
(1987) Offsite; (1989) All Star Sports; (1992) Offsite; (1994) All Star Sports; (1997) Wilderness Lodge & All Star Sports; (2004) All Star Movies; (2004) All Star Music; (2008) Pop Century; (2013) Port Orleans French Quarter; (2014) Port Orleans Riverside
Dismomof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #744
ElsaColon
Mouseketeer ......................... .............. The Florida heat never bothered me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismomof2boys View Post
1. We have a party of 13 staying there and we really want to use the sand volleyball area for a friendly game between family members . Do they have a ball there or should I go out and buy one and bring it along?
2. Are there bikes to rent at the resort? My son just learned to ride and he really wants to ride a bike there. He wants us to bring his bike, but no way are we fitting it in the van
I never played on the volleyball court so I can't answer your question about the ball. My guess would be that you might want to bring your own just in case.

As far as the bike rentals, the Marina located right behind El Centro used to have kayak, pedal boats, electric boat rentals, and bicycles, both regular and surrey bikes. The hours were 10:00am to 6:00pm (more or less). But the last time I was there which was May 16, 2014, I saw nothing there. The Marina was completely closed, not one boat or bike in sight. I also did not see any staff at the Marina, it was completely closed up. I didn't think about it too much since I never rent those type of things but after hearing one of DIS unplugged's recent podcasts, Pete mentioned that boat rentals were taken out of resorts like Caribbean Beach and Coronado. So now I am wondering if the same goes for bikes. All I know is I didn't see them there 2 weeks ago but you might want to call just to be sure.

I know bikes are still offered at Boardwalk and Fort Wilderness! I hope this helps.
May 4th at Port Orleans Riverside
ElsaColon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #745
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismomof2boys View Post
1. Yes they provide a ball.

2. Unfortunately the boat and bike rental is no longer operational. It apparently didn't generate enough interest.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #746
leeber01
Earning My Ears

So much great info on this thread!!!

A quick parking question--on the map, are the light blue areas all parking? Generally, how close can you get to your building?

Thanks everyone!
leeber01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #747
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeber01 View Post
So much great info on this thread!!!

A quick parking question--on the map, are the light blue areas all parking? Generally, how close can you get to your building?

Thanks everyone!
Yes, there is parking behind every area except Cabanas 9B. The parking lots are quite a bit bigger than the map makes it look. The parking is first come first serve, but yes there is parking spots that are steps away from the buildings.

This map is a little better:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...prings-resort/
Old 05-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #748
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Just changed back to POR for the first part of our split stay...

Happy Planning!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:07 PM   #749
leeber01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Yes, there is parking behind every area except Cabanas 9B. The parking lots are quite a bit bigger than the map makes it look. The parking is first come first serve, but yes there is parking spots that are steps away from the buildings.

This map is a little better:
Ahh, perfect, thank you!

Getting so excited for our stay...just need to decide if I want to bite the bullet for a BC. There cost difference for our 6 night stay is $338. I think it might be worth it for the 9B location, but looking at the map now, I wouldn't mind most of the building locations.

I guess I'm debating whether it's worth it to definitely NOT get a room in a building I don't want, which is the Casitas or 6A and 7A.
leeber01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:17 PM   #750
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

nevermind
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: