Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #706
desiree71081
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Is your ticker your travel dates??? We are there Sept. 2-9 which sounds like the time you are going! We are booked preferred room also and I will be SO DISSAPOINTED if they move us! We haven't heard from them yet so I am really hoping we don't! Please keep us posted!
We will be there August 31 thru Sept 4th.

desiree71081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:34 PM   #707
Emme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiree71081 View Post
We will be there August 31 thru Sept 4th.
Thanks! That is pretty close to our dates! Guess we'll watch and wait. Did you take the waterview location?
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #708
missastrocat
Cupcake Sprinkles

My dh & I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and my birthday Nov. 14-21st there! Please add us to the list. We will be in a preferred king. Cannot wait!

Every Jan 1982-1992-offsite • July 1993 - Disneyland Paris (EuroDisney back then) • June 1995-ASM- Calypso • Mar 1998-offsite • Jan 2001-offsite • Dec 2005- POFQ • Jan 2007- POFQ & Dolphin • Mar 2008- CB • Aug 2008 - Poly • Nov 2012 - POR • Nov 2014 - CSR & AKL - Jambo(Birthday & 5th Anniversary)
missastrocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #709
desiree71081
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks! That is pretty close to our dates! Guess we'll watch and wait. Did you take the waterview location?
Yes.

Our room at Pop Century was so close to the lobby and the food court and everything and I am just worried I will be disappointed with being so far away. I know that sounds silly.

Maybe if our room is all the way at the other end of the resort I could use it as an excuse to "explore" the resort.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #710
Haileys Nana
Mouseketeer

We will be there Oct. 6-10 to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary. Our first trip was for our 30th, the second for our 33rd. Hmmm... does anyone see a pattern developing here? I love it!!!
Haileys Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #711
Emme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes.

Our room at Pop Century was so close to the lobby and the food court and everything and I am just worried I will be disappointed with being so far away. I know that sounds silly.

Maybe if our room is all the way at the other end of the resort I could use it as an excuse to "explore" the resort.
Not silly AT ALL!! That is how I feel. We stayed at CSR once a while ago and we were in the Ranchos section...never again. It was beautiful but we felt so separated from everyone and everything. It was like we had to hike everywhere just to be a part of stuff. The only reason I booked CSR this time was because of the BC location. So I totally understand your disappointment!
Old 05-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #712
desiree71081
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not silly AT ALL!! That is how I feel. We stayed at CSR once a while ago and we were in the Ranchos section...never again. It was beautiful but we felt so separated from everyone and everything. It was like we had to hike everywhere just to be a part of stuff. The only reason I booked CSR this time was because of the BC location. So I totally understand your disappointment!
I honestly don't even know what other resort to start looking at if I were to want something that had a definite closer room.

The rep did say that there were no other moderate resorts with preferred rooms available.

Think I will talk to my husband about it this afternoon and leave the decision up to him on if he wants to stay there with the chance of having a room really far away.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #713
Emme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When is everyone going?? I would love to say "Hi" to some of my DIS peeps while we are there. I can add them to this (my) post if people want! Would be neat to see how many of us actually are there around the same time!
OK, think I am all caught up!!! If I missed anyone or you'd like to be added just let me know !
Old 05-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #714
Emme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I honestly don't even know what other resort to start looking at if I were to want something that had a definite closer room.

The rep did say that there were no other moderate resorts with preferred rooms available.

Think I will talk to my husband about it this afternoon and leave the decision up to him on if he wants to stay there with the chance of having a room really far away.
I remember on one of the back posts that someone said they always requested waterview because it was the best of the non-preferred locations. I am sure someone will chime in to help direct you on what bldg. to request. Standard is what we had and that's how we ended up in Ranchos. Hey, it's Disney it can't be that bad !
Old 05-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #715
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes.

The good news is that there are no waterview rooms in the "worst" section of the resort.

I can assure you that there are no 20 minute walks at this resort. I can walk a lap around the entire resort in 15 mins at a normal walking pace. All rooms are close to a busstop, no one is farther than 2-3 mins from a stop. It's not like Pop where there's only one stop. You will have your share of 5 min walks at CSR, but there is no 20 min walks unless you have a physical condition that makes it take that long.

I do have a post somewhere earlier in this section describing the waterview rooms.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #716
faylynn24
DIS Veteran

Did disney offer anything to you? I would think this is on there part and maybe you should be upgraded not down graded. Seems unfair.
faylynn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #717
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by faylynn24 View Post
Did disney offer anything to you? I would think this is on there part and maybe you should be upgraded not down graded. Seems unfair.
I tend to agree. However keep in mind at CSR the preferred room and waterview room price is the same. Some would argue that some of the waterview room locations are better than the preferred as well. But I do agree that typically in this type of business they other you an upgrade or compensation of some sort when forcing you to change your plans.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:34 PM   #718
faylynn24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I tend to agree. However keep in mind at CSR the preferred room and waterview room price is the same. Some would argue that some of the waterview room locations are better than the preferred as well. But I do agree that typically in this type of business they other you an upgrade or compensation of some sort when forcing you to change your plans.
Yes usually disney is great with making up for things and I don't think they are in this situation.
faylynn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:54 PM   #719
cinmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
The entire resort is surrounded by parking, with close parking to all buildings. We fly in an use Disney transportation, but from what I've observed the parking lots are usually half empty even at Christmas time. So I would expect finding a decent parking space won't be an issue.
Thanks
cinmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:07 PM   #720
shera
DIS Veteran

We are going to CSR too for the first time.We are a party of 9 staying in 3 business class rooms 11/14-11/19 with free dining.
shera is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: