Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2014, 05:05 PM   #661
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone00 View Post
Will the safes in room hold an iPad, possibly 2?
It's tight, but I was able to fit 2 iPads, passports, wallet and a couple phones.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #662
Twin Princess Mama
Earning My Ears

POR or CSR

need everyone's help. So i have booked CSR BC for the christmas holiday. i just found out I have a pin code and can book FD at POR or POFQ for the same time period. I made two reservations to hold them both so i can decide. So now i have both CSR BC booked and POR Royal Rooms booked. Which one should I do? pros and cons of both for anyone that stayed in both? I have twin girl 4 year old who i know will LOVE the theming of the royal rooms at POR. but i also have a husband who needs to get work done at night. the BC at CSR we would take advantage of breakfast about half the time. suggestions? i don't know what to do! thanks!
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #663
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Princess Mama View Post
need everyone's help. So i have booked CSR BC for the christmas holiday. i just found out I have a pin code and can book FD at POR or POFQ for the same time period. I made two reservations to hold them both so i can decide. So now i have both CSR BC booked and POR Royal Rooms booked. Which one should I do? pros and cons of both for anyone that stayed in both? I have twin girl 4 year old who i know will LOVE the theming of the royal rooms at POR. but i also have a husband who needs to get work done at night. the BC at CSR we would take advantage of breakfast about half the time. suggestions? i don't know what to do! thanks!
I called today to see if I have the pin code. I didn't. Oh well. We will try the CSR, even though the one bus stop at POFQ sure is nice!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #664
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I haven't stayed at POR and my opinion may be biased but ill chime in.

Royal rooms are unique, they don't appeal to us but I see the appeal for some. However my understanding is that they are the least appealing location at POR, much like the pirate rooms at CBR.

BC rooms at CSR would be considered by most the premium that a Mod resort has to offer at WDW. The CSR lovers like myself consider it the almost Deluxe resort for the Mod price. The 2 biggest complaints from the CSR haters are too much walking to get to pool and food, as well as Pepper Market is too confusing and have to tip.

Pepper Market as now been changed to function like other food courts and BC rooms are the premium location close to everything important eliminating both complaints. The pool at CSR as great for kids and adults and you will be closer to the pool at CSR. There is also a quiet pool steps away from BC and the laundry is there is you need it.

Finally, if you are at POR your DH won't have me to have a beer with if he needs to unwind after all that work!
Old 05-25-2014, 09:10 PM   #665
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

We stayed in the royal rooms and thought they were great. We were right next to a quite pool and we has a standard room. It was about a five minute walk from my room to the main lobby/restaurant area. It was a beautiful walk. The room had so many little details. It was a little dark in the room but overall it was a pleasant experience.

Me DH DD DS

mrsmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:00 PM   #666
tbone00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw

It's tight, but I was able to fit 2 iPads, passports, wallet and a couple phones.

Thanks!
tbone00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:10 AM   #667
cinmouse
Mouseketeer

We booked for Dec 18-24! This will be our 1sr time @ CSR, we have stayed at CBR, PORS, Beachclub & offsite @ The Marriott Grand Vista in the past.
This will be our 3rd time @ Christmas but 1st time for your 4 son.
We will then head to New Smyrna for a few days & also head to Vero Beach before heading home on the 27th.
Now to keep it a secret from the 4 & 11 year old.
We will have a car, so is there a better place to request to be closer to parking? I scan some of this thread and most of the conversation is on the business class room or location for close to the dig site..we don't mind walking while at the resort.
cinmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:51 AM   #668
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

October 27 - November 2 for us exactly 5 months from tomorrow!
Old 05-26-2014, 11:11 AM   #669
pixiehallow
Tinker Fairy

Please add our travel dates

I posted earlier about wheel chair access, and best bus stop to aim for, but forgot to mention when we were going to be there.

Put us down for September 10th thru the 16th.

We are getting excited! All of our dining plans are made and our pack-a-basket is out and filling up. Now all there is to do is make a fast pass plan, make our shirts and costumes, and get everything planned and put together for our Amazing Race adventure at Epcot.

Tink
Old 05-26-2014, 12:19 PM   #670
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinmouse View Post
We booked for Dec 18-24! This will be our 1sr time @ CSR, we have stayed at CBR, PORS, Beachclub & offsite @ The Marriott Grand Vista in the past.
This will be our 3rd time @ Christmas but 1st time for your 4 son.
We will then head to New Smyrna for a few days & also head to Vero Beach before heading home on the 27th.
Now to keep it a secret from the 4 & 11 year old.
We will have a car, so is there a better place to request to be closer to parking? I scan some of this thread and most of the conversation is on the business class room or location for close to the dig site..we don't mind walking while at the resort.
The entire resort is surrounded by parking, with close parking to all buildings. We fly in an use Disney transportation, but from what I've observed the parking lots are usually half empty even at Christmas time. So I would expect finding a decent parking space won't be an issue.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #671
Jarvis23
Mouseketeer

Nov 6 to Nov 11 for us!
Jarvis23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #672
pbcanderson
Earning My Ears

October 3rd to 7th for us
pbcanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #673
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
The entire resort is surrounded by parking, with close parking to all buildings. We fly in an use Disney transportation, but from what I've observed the parking lots are usually half empty even at Christmas time. So I would expect finding a decent parking space won't be an issue.
Good to know! Bc unless flights drop a lot, we will be driving this time.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #674
Leigha
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've stayed at both and we staying again at CSR this time. We stayed at the Royal rooms last time. I'd have to go Royal rooms. This trip is about the kids for the most part, right?! It has to be Royal rooms!! They are so cute! I too was concerned about their location but I'm primarily concerned about being close to the bus stop and we were. I didn't think I'd like the look of the mansions but I did! It was not a big walk to the main building like I thought it might be and it was a beautiful! I think your husband could easily work in the Yeehaw Bob space during the day if he didn't want to work in the room. I do think CSR is pretty and it is what my husband (we let him pick this trip) chose, but the last time we stayed there, my dd (now 24 and 20) didn't like it because it wasn't Disney enough. In reality, I don't think any of the moderates are though. They're themed beautifully but not really Disney like the values! I'm sooooo tempted to call and see if we have a PIN but I'm trying not too!!! It's so hard to let others choose!!!
Leigha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #675
Beachgirl85
Mouseketeer

Put us down for Sept 7-13! So excited DD first trip she's 2 and celebrating my birthday )
Beachgirl85 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: