Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #181
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Do they have hot chocolate? I don't remember it. We went soon after they changed to the center of pepper market dining room station and never did check the other. I hope so.
And I really wish they would have regular lemonade. I hate the light stuff.
IMGP0437 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 05-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #182
~Piglet~
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
The key with any resort food court is to go at off meal times. If eating lunch at PM we go at 1:30pm, if dinner we go later after 8pm. It's usually 80% empty at those times and 100% stress free!
Yes we stick to 'off meal times' too usually. When I said about the PM being chaotic I meant the layout to order your food rather than it being busy. For example, if we all wanted a different dish then you would queue up at three different counters to place your food order, rather than just ordering it all from one counter. Maybe it will have changed again by the time we next visit

May 2005 - 18 days, 2 weeks at Pop Century and 4 days Gulf Coast
May 2010 - 3 weeks including our Wedding - 10 days at the Pop, 7 days POR
and 5 days Honeymoon onboard the Disney Wonder

October 2012 - 17 days at CSR
May 2015 - 17 days at CSR again
~Piglet~ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #183
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Piglet~ View Post
Yes we stick to 'off meal times' too usually. When I said about the PM being chaotic I meant the layout to order your food rather than it being busy. For example, if we all wanted a different dish then you would queue up at three different counters to place your food order, rather than just ordering it all from one counter. Maybe it will have changed again by the time we next visit
Most resort counter service locations are set up this way. For example they have a pasta station and that station includes pasta and pizza. So if you want pizza but your husband or kids want something else they will have to go to a different station and wait in line for their food. It's the same at Coronado now.

Does Pepper Market now have drink fridges like the other resort CS locations? That was one thing that kind of bugged me about Pepper Market when we went and they still had people seating you. I like just grabbing a bottle of something and saving it for later and using my mug to drink something with my meal but we couldn't do that because the "servers" would bring your drinks in glasses. I know they have a fridge in Café Rix but I didn't think you could bring the drinks from the fridges in there to Pepper Market and pay for them there.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #184
~Piglet~
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Most resort counter service locations are set up this way. For example they have a pasta station and that station includes pasta and pizza. So if you want pizza but your husband or kids want something else they will have to go to a different station and wait in line for their food. It's the same at Coronado now.
Yes, that's true - I just felt that it took an age to eat a meal at PM compared to other Disney food courts, maybe we were just unlucky the few times we ate there! also having small kids (at that time) we didn't feel comfortable leaving them unattended at a table while we were queuing for food at different counters. All in all it's a very minor thing, definitely not a reason to put us off staying at CSR

Old 05-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #185
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post

Does Pepper Market now have drink fridges like the other resort CS locations? That was one thing that kind of bugged me about Pepper Market when we went and they still had people seating you. I like just grabbing a bottle of something and saving it for later and using my mug to drink something with my meal but we couldn't do that because the "servers" would bring your drinks in glasses. I know they have a fridge in Café Rix but I didn't think you could bring the drinks from the fridges in there to Pepper Market and pay for them there.
They have a huge "drink station" in the middle of PM where you fill your own drinks. There is also a drink counter for the drinks that come in a bottle or milk container.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #186
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Piglet~ View Post
Yes, that's true - I just felt that it took an age to eat a meal at PM compared to other Disney food courts, maybe we were just unlucky the few times we ate there! also having small kids (at that time) we didn't feel comfortable leaving them unattended at a table while we were queuing for food at different counters. All in all it's a very minor thing, definitely not a reason to put us off staying at CSR
The order process is still the same. Like stated above it's similar at most of the resort food courts. I can see where it could be a hassle with small kids, but the issue isn't exculsive to CSR. Fortunately our son was 15 the first time we stayed there, so more than capable of getting his own order. I actually find it faster with multiple order stations than all at one place, but again we don't have small kids to order for and attend to.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #187
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
He still has a website but it's not a Tripod site anymore. Just Google "Buzz Coronado Springs" and you'll find it.
He was banned from Disboards a few years ago. I won't get into details.
ETA: Same mugs as everybody else.
Actually, Buzz's account here is still active. He chooses not to post here anymore. In my experience Buzz is a great guy and you can find out anything you need to know about CSR at his website/forum.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #188
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak View Post
Just started planing to return to CSR for free dining! We went several years ago and did all our planing on the old FAQ by Buzz and he had his own website as well, I was looking for the website and can't find it. I see Buzz isn't doing the FAQ anymore, did something happen to him? Just curious.
He has a new website. If you can't find it, PM me for the link.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #189
~Piglet~
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually, Buzz's account here is still active. He chooses not to post here anymore. In my experience Buzz is a great guy and you can find out anything you need to know about CSR at his website/forum.
Good to know his website is still going, I referred to the old one a lot on our previous trip, it was very informative

Old 05-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #190
ilovedale3
It's a secret how I really met my dh
Likes to sleep in late, but won't tell

Super excited! Got our trip booked -- 9/7-9/13 CSR Standard View Business Class with Free Dining and Memory Maker and all ADR's made!

We had booked a king preferred room, but after reading this thread, I decided to call and run the numbers on a business class room. It only added about $100 to the total price so we went for it. I figure a few small breakfasts and a few beers in the evening will be worth it!
ilovedale3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #191
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
He still has a website but it's not a Tripod site anymore. Just Google "Buzz Coronado Springs" and you'll find it. He was banned from Disboards a few years ago. I won't get into details. ETA: Same mugs as everybody else.
Oh my, a scandal! Well good to know he's well I was thinking the worst when he was just gone. I found the site and it's very good, I love his photos.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #192
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well that's interesting because when he was banned I sent him an email and he confirmed that he was actually banned. Maybe he has since been reinstated.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #193
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

If you are staying in the Cabanas section, would it be best to walk to the bus stop at El Centro or stay at stop #4 when trying to get to the parks in the morning?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #194
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well that's interesting because when he was banned I sent him an email and he confirmed that he was actually banned. Maybe he has since been reinstated.
Possibly a time limit on the ban then, because if you search for his account it is active. If I cared what the reason was I would ask him. I have conversed with him many times through email and PM, seems like a really good guy.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #195
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
If you are staying in the Cabanas section, would it be best to walk to the bus stop at El Centro or stay at stop #4 when trying to get to the parks in the morning?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
If I was in 9B I couldn't be bothered to walk the extra distance when stop 1 is so close. In the other 3 sections if its first thing in the morning and your worried about it than head over to stop 4. In the middle of the day I would just head to which ever stop is closest.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: