Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #151
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
Building 7A looks to be the furthest from el Centro so I was just wondering approx. how long the walk would be. CSR is our backup for POP on Wednesday, however, after watching videos and reading about it I really think I just want to switch but DH wants to push for POP.

TIA.
While there are posts on this forum claiming it to be ridiculous times of 20 or 30 mins....it's actually about a 7 min walk for a healthy person walking at a normal pace.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #152
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
While there are posts on this forum claiming it to be ridiculous times of 20 or 30 mins....it's actually about a 7 min walk for a healthy person walking at a normal pace.
Ok good.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #153
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
Ok good.
It's not really that bad. But at the end of a long day at the parks, DH was not going to go refill his mug at El Centro so we spent a lot at the vending machine to feed his pop addiction. Wanted preferred this time but no luck so will add some pop to our garden grocer order for him.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #154
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Leaving tomorrow for CSR Just curious if there is wifi service at the pool and at the Pepper Market.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #155
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
CSR room decor matches what is on the WDW website. Green dressers and floral bedspreads sounds like pics of CBR.
I hope they are whats on the website because i saw the cbr pics and it wasnt the same green dresser it had a thatched looking front and the pics said csr it was hideous lol.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #156
NokOnHarts
Mouseketeer

Speaking of filling mugs, is there anyway to get coffee at the drink areas by the pool or is it just soda stations?
NokOnHarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:18 PM   #157
~Piglet~
DIS Veteran

Great to see a new CSR thread as we are hoping to return next year

Quote:
The walking times and distances at CSR are greatly exaggerated by some people on this forum
Agreed!

Quote:
It's self serve now. You seat yourself and there is a brand new huge drink filling station in the middle.
Does this mean it's less chaotic now at PM? we stayed October 2012 during the buffet breakfast trial - which was great, but we found that the odd time we had an evening meal it was a nightmare!

It's the one (very small) sticking point about us re-booking CSR, other than that we love the place

May 2005 - 18 days, 2 weeks at Pop Century and 4 days Gulf Coast
May 2010 - 3 weeks including our Wedding - 10 days at the Pop, 7 days POR
and 5 days Honeymoon onboard the Disney Wonder

October 2012 - 17 days at CSR
May 2015 - 17 days at CSR again
~Piglet~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #158
rcklein5269
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgjjp View Post
We have a csr standard room with free dinning reserved nov 15 to 22. We are trying to decide which bldg we should request. We are thinking bldg 8a might be the best. Can anyone tell me if they have elevators or not? We will have a double stroller and a scooter so just need to know if we need to request 1st floor or not. Thanks so much.
There are elevators but depending where you are in the building sometimes it can be a little walk. I ended up just carrying our stroller up the stairs that was right at my door. But we love CSR don't get me wrong.
rcklein5269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #159
gris gris
Looking for the right word, & I can't relax until we figure it out ;-p
I go to bed with dirty feet

We are looking forward to staying at CSR for the first time and have a feeling we will be hooked. We've stayed at CBR our last two trips and needed a change.

I saw some pictures of the fountain with the lions spitting at each other. What area can we find them in?

1979 - Contemporary (first trip 5 years old!)
1983 - Polynesian
1986 - Polynesian
1990 - Contemporary
August 1999 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon)
February 2003 - All Star Movies
December 2006 - Pop Century
August 2008 - Pop Century
September 2010 - CBR Pirate Room
October 2012 - CBR
November 2014 - CSR

Everybody needs a little good luck charm, a little gris gris keeps you safe from harm" - Jimmy Buffett
gris gris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:57 PM   #160
~Piglet~
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbies04901 View Post
Lurking, trying to decide whether to switch from pop. Biggest concern is the size of the resort and distance to bus. Only standard rooms left for my dates. Bus stop 4 has been recommended. Thoughts? Encouragement? Anyone who's stayed at both care to comment?
Both great resorts! Pop would be our Value choice. We've stayed there twice and enjoyed it, once as a couple and once with kids. As a couple we barely spent time there, just used it as a base to sleep. The kids (and us) loved the vibrant Disney theming and general busy-ness of the resort. When we switched to POR during the same trip the kids wanted to go back to Pop

We chose CSR over Pop last time due to free dining (UK) and loved it! bigger rooms were a plus and although CSR is bigger than Pop, it never felt as crowded - possibly due to the proportion of guests staying there for conventions.

We never felt the resort was too big - we stayed in the Cabanas, and had a few minutes walk either to the Dig Site or El Centro. Bus stop 4 was our closest stop, buses were never as crowded as the buses at Pop or POR - again maybe down to convention guests? Pop still gets my vote for 'best bus music' though

Old 05-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #161
newbies04901
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Piglet~ View Post
Both great resorts! Pop would be our Value choice. We've stayed there twice and enjoyed it, once as a couple and once with kids. As a couple we barely spent time there, just used it as a base to sleep. The kids (and us) loved the vibrant Disney theming and general busy-ness of the resort. When we switched to POR during the same trip the kids wanted to go back to Pop We chose CSR over Pop last time due to free dining (UK) and loved it! bigger rooms were a plus and although CSR is bigger than Pop, it never felt as crowded - possibly due to the proportion of guests staying there for conventions. We never felt the resort was too big - we stayed in the Cabanas, and had a few minutes walk either to the Dig Site or El Centro. Bus stop 4 was our closest stop, buses were never as crowded as the buses at Pop or POR - again maybe down to convention guests? Pop still gets my vote for 'best bus music' though
thanks so much! We were so excited about POFQ, then got enthused about POR (chasing the elusive free dining) and now I'm getting excited about CSR. Our first trip and maybe our only, so we just want to get it right. Coming to realize that Disney is a wonderful place and we'll have a wonderful time regardless!
newbies04901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #162
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if CSR takes fax requests? I've seen mixed comments on this. Have never faxed a request but with my split stay, would like to explain I don't care about the view (had to book two different views in my two reservations) if we didn't have to change rooms.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #163
~Piglet~
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbies04901 View Post
Coming to realize that Disney is a wonderful place and we'll have a wonderful time regardless!
That is true!

Our last trip was for 17 days holidaying with family who were Disney first timers. I was so worried that if we had made a mistake in choosing CSR then 17 days was going to seem a lot longer! I needn't have worried, everyone loved it - our group ranged from 18 months old, 3, 6, 30's, 40's and 60's and all are hoping to return with us next time

Old 05-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #164
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Piglet~ View Post
Great to see a new CSR thread as we are hoping to return next year

Agreed!

Does this mean it's less chaotic now at PM? we stayed October 2012 during the buffet breakfast trial - which was great, but we found that the odd time we had an evening meal it was a nightmare!

It's the one (very small) sticking point about us re-booking CSR, other than that we love the place
The key with any resort food court is to go at off meal times. If eating lunch at PM we go at 1:30pm, if dinner we go later after 8pm. It's usually 80% empty at those times and 100% stress free!

I can't speak for breakfast as we never eat there for that. Last stay we stayed in Business Class which provides breakfast, before that we ordered breakfast supplies from Garden Grocer and ate in our room.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #165
tbone00
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yes there are elevators.
We have a water view these days!
tbone00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: